By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Around the Network
smroadkill15 said:

MS should really start advertising Palworlds on Xbox. System seller potential is high right now.

• Palworld + Game Pass
  • Palworld + Series S

Should be the marketing points.

They also need to relax their certification rules for early access titles and maybe send some ATG to Pocket Pair, they could definitely use it and they may be more grateful to Microsoft because of it, Lol. I've no doubt PlayStation is spamming their phoneline right now and will help Pocket Pair get Palworld to PlayStation ASAP so Xbox has a short-ish window to take advantage.

Ryuu96 said:
pikashoe said:

I'm not sure that a broken, unfinished game selling millions of copies is going to encourage gamefreak to release better pokemon games. As is the game is very bad at the moment, worse than even the worst pokemon game. I get that it's early access but from what I played it was terrible and they are charging money for something that might be playable eventually.

You play it on Xbox or PC? I heard the Xbox version is pretty awful, Lol.

It has an average rating of 92% on Steam so it seems to be mostly fine there.

I played a lot of this game over the weekend and it crashes a lot on the Xbox.  Even so, I see the appeal of the game and why its getting a lot of buzz.  There is a lot to the game and the more you play the deeper the mechanics come into play.  Basically it is a mix of Ark and Viva Pinata if you ask me.  I am level 25 now so I have experience a decent part of the game but there is so much more where now I get to combine these Pals for some truly crazy combinations.  So far I enjoy the game but yeah it needs a lot of work.  

Ryuu96 said:
smroadkill15 said:

MS should really start advertising Palworlds on Xbox. System seller potential is high right now.

• Palworld + Game Pass
  • Palworld + Series S

They also need to relax their certification rules for early access titles and maybe send some ATG to Pocket Pair, they could definitely use it and they may be more grateful to Microsoft because of it, Lol. I've no doubt PlayStation is spamming their phoneline right now and will help Pocket Pair get Palworld to PlayStation ASAP so Xbox has a short-ish window to take advantage.

Naw, the game is way to broken for MS to advertise the game for the Xbox.  Maybe after it gets a lot of those bug fixes in and the game become more stable and some quality of life features are implemented.

Machiavellian said:
Ryuu96 said:
  • Palworld + Game Pass
  • Palworld + Series S

Naw, the game is way to broken for MS to advertise the game for the Xbox.  Maybe after it gets a lot of those bug fixes in and the game become more stable and some quality of life features are implemented.

That's why they need to relax their certification rules for early access titles, Steam doesn't certify updates to my knowledge but early access titles by their very nature have dozens of updates in quick succession, Xbox version will always be significantly behind Steam version unless they relax the rules, everyone knows what they're getting into by buying an early access title so the rules should be more relaxed than full release.

Full release doesn't tend to have this problem as updates are less frequent but early access is literally as the game is being made.

Maybe send their ATG to offer some advice to Pocket Pair.

Around the Network

Me stanning for Viva Pinata since its release, now seeing everyone now recognise its greatness 🥹

I think Everwild will basically be a spiritual successor to Viva Pinata though.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 22 January 2024

Ryuu96 said:
Machiavellian said:

That's why they need to relax their certification rules for early access titles, Steam doesn't certify updates to my knowledge but early access titles by their very nature have dozens of updates in quick succession, Xbox version will always be significantly behind Steam version unless they relax the rules, everyone knows what they're getting into by buying an early access title so the rules should be more relaxed than full release.

Full release doesn't tend to have this problem as updates are less frequent but early access is literally as the game is being made.

Maybe send their ATG to offer some advice to Pocket Pair.

MS really cannot relax their certification policy for the Xbox as they cannot afford a update blowing up and nuking people Xbox since its a close system.  I am not sure why they have that certification process for the PC version through the MS store as that is crippling the version compared to Steam or for that matter any PC gamepass version over steam.

The real key is allowing beta games to be published on your console in the first place and also having them in Gamepass.  

And Xbox needs dedicated servers ASAP but I'm not sure what the hold up is there, there's other games with dedicated servers on Xbox.

Now I want the game on PC with that mod, Lol.

Thoughts on new avatar? Yes, it is future Trunks from DBZ, which is where my online name came from.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.