By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Ryuu96 said:
shikamaru317 said:

What Nintendo and Pokemon Company should do is see it as a wake-up call. There is alot of wasted potential within the Pokemon franchise, nearly every Pokemon game they release is overly safe and paint by the numbers, and they still treat the series as if though it is a handheld series even though Switch is both handheld and home console. They could deliver a AAA pokemon game that blows both Palworld and their own earlier games away, with a huge open world, crafting, voice acting, higher end graphics, detailed pokemon attack animations, and more, but instead they keep playing it safe and making lower budget handheld game offerings even though Pokemon's strong sales more than justify a much higher budget going back into development. 

That last line is why they won't, Lmao.

Game sells tens of millions without them having to change anything or improve on anything.

Yeah, it's a shame that we all just keep buying these rather lazy Pokemon games, if the sales actually started to decline maybe then they would see the need to innovate and try harder. Right now all we are doing is helping them to maximize profit with their low development budgets and high sales figures, in spite of numerous missteps in recent Pokemon entries. 

Around the Network

Don't show em some of the fucking death machines that people make in Minecraft for animals, Lmao.

You pretty much can't play a survival game without slaughtering some sort of wildlife.

crissindahouse said:
shikamaru317 said:

Lol, gotta love Asmon ripping into idiot gaming writers. The best part is that you know these hate articles will have the opposite effect and drive more people to play the game, we saw it when they tried to cancel Hogwart's Legacy last year. 

You kill virtual innocent humans in GTA but ohh no this cruelty against Pokemon WTF

Reminds me of the time that PETA criticized Pokemon for it's enslavement of animals. I bet PETA is seething about Palworld right now xD

shikamaru317 said:

What Nintendo and Pokemon Company should do is see it as a wake-up call. There is alot of wasted potential within the Pokemon franchise, nearly every Pokemon game they release is overly safe and paint by the numbers, and they still treat the series as if though it is a handheld series even though Switch is both handheld and home console. They could deliver a AAA pokemon game that blows both Palworld and their own earlier games away, with a huge open world, crafting, voice acting, higher end graphics, detailed pokemon attack animations, and more, but instead they keep playing it safe and making lower budget handheld game offerings even though Pokemon's strong sales more than justify a much higher budget going back into development. 

I dont care if they improve the animations, graphics, introduce crafting.

I wish they would at least make it more stable - aint no way something simple looking like the Pokemon games struggle holding on to performance when you got so many good looking titles that dont struggle as much on the Switch.

Not sure if it was posted here but Hellblade 1 is $3 on both Xbox and Steam.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
crissindahouse said:

You kill virtual innocent humans in GTA but ohh no this cruelty against Pokemon WTF

Reminds me of the time that PETA criticized Pokemon for it's enslavement of animals. I bet PETA is seething about Palworld right now xD

Where's the lie?!

Jk but this is what they sound like, PETA, if ya going to moan about this then also moan about Pokemon enslavement, how MFs walk around with super powerful Pokemon, find some poor weak ass Pokemon, blast it with a super powerful attack and beat the shit out of it, shove it in a Pokeball and then make them take part in what is essentially cockfights until one is defeated after being brutalised

But it's a fucking videogame and not that deep.

I'm not sure that a broken, unfinished game selling millions of copies is going to encourage gamefreak to release better pokemon games. As is the game is very bad at the moment, worse than even the worst pokemon game. I get that it's early access but from what I played it was terrible and they are charging money for something that might be playable eventually.

pikashoe said:

I'm not sure that a broken, unfinished game selling millions of copies is going to encourage gamefreak to release better pokemon games. As is the game is very bad at the moment, worse than even the worst pokemon game. I get that it's early access but from what I played it was terrible and they are charging money for something that might be playable eventually.

You play it on Xbox or PC? I heard the Xbox version is pretty awful, Lol.

It has an average rating of 92% on Steam so it seems to be mostly fine there.

pikashoe said:

I played my first 3 hours with a friend today and had a great time. Over 850k peak on steam and 91% reviews. Clearly the game isn't that broken.

Zippy6 said:
pikashoe said:

I played my first 3 hours with a friend today and had a great time. Over 850k peak on steam and 91% reviews. Clearly the game isn't that broken.

Depends where he played, I read shit like the Xbox version is making people's Xbox's noticeably heat up, Lmao. Apparently in a pretty bad state on Xbox, unfortunately, so is the Windows Store version. Maybe because it's a few updates behind or it could just be poorly optimised for Xbox specifically.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 20 January 2024