By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Good Developer Direct can't come soon enough

Around the Network

Xbox releasing smaller 1st games on the Switch isn't a problem for me because it will always be the worst playable version available and I have Gamepass anyway, I also think that games like Fallout 76, ESO, Diablo, Overwatch, Grounded and Sea of Thieves would benefit on being on the Switch 2.

If they begin to port upcoming AAA 1st party games on the Switch 2 (which would likely be impossible without a Cloud version) then I would begin to worry, But under no circumstances should they ever help PlayStation even by porting small titles.

EspadaGrim said:

Xbox releasing smaller 1st games on the Switch isn't a problem for me because it will always be the worst playable version available and I have Gamepass anyway, I also think that games like Fallout 76, ESO, Diablo, Overwatch, Grounded and Sea of Thieves would benefit on being on the Switch 2.

If they begin to port upcoming AAA 1st party games on the Switch 2 (which would likely be impossible without a Cloud version) then I would begin to worry, But under no circumstances should they ever help PlayStation even by porting small titles.

TESO on Switch would be funny.

But yeah they should release all the titles already on PS on the Switch Tbh, a lot more than F76, TESO, Diablo, Overwatch. Things like Psychonauts 2 and Wasteland 3. They're all games already on PS so there's really zero reason not to put them on Switch as well, unless they think they'd not be worth the effort but eh HFR will probably more be effort to port than some other titles like Psychonauts 2.

Niche/Small titles coming to Switch years after launch really don't bother me, nor does stuff like COD/Minecraft and lets be honest, Microsoft owns 3 publishing branches now, they have like 50 titles in development, it's simple maths that they're going to very soon start releasing more exclusive 1st party content than the competition almost every year so 3 small titles over the span of 5 years is insignificant.

By the time HFR comes to Switch 2 we'll likely have added on Avowed, Hellblade II, Flight Simulator 24 and a few other exclusives, Lol.

By the end of 2025 we're probably going to have Perfect Dark, State of Decay 3, South of Midnight, Indiana Jones, Fable, etc.

I still say as well that releasing on Switch is a lot less impactful to Xbox than releasing on PlayStation.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 07 January 2024

Think I need a short break from news searching.

I love this hobby, I can become sucked in a game and play it non-stop, move on from game to game, I'm having a lot of fun and then I go to the internet and suddenly I hate this hobby, this industry often sucks for discussion, the level of vitriol, overreactions, dooming, hyperbole, console wars, negativity, it's just nonstop and I get sucked into it.

I forget about playing the games and actually having fun and get sucked into stupid internet drama, then I don't play games because I'm focused on this stupid drama, then I dislike the hobby, not because of the games, but because of the internet, Lmao. It's not bad here, I love this thread, I love the people in it, we're like a small family, but my primary sources of news are insufferable right now.

Probably just going to focus on finishing Like a Dragon Gaiden and watch some TV Shows until this drama blows over.

Also, I want to beat my TA all time record, I played so many games in 2014, I want to play more games this year, Lol.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 07 January 2024

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

Think I need a short break from news searching.

I love this hobby, I can become sucked in a game and play it non-stop, move on from game to game, I'm having a lot of fun and then I go to the internet and suddenly I hate this hobby, this industry often sucks for discussion, the level of vitriol, overreactions, dooming, hyperbole, console wars, negativity, it's just nonstop and I get sucked into it.

I forget about playing the games and actually having fun and get sucked into stupid internet drama, then I don't play games because I'm focused on this stupid drama, then I dislike the hobby, not because of the games, but because of the internet, Lmao.

Its the reason why I dont bother posting threads here anymore when it comes to game news/announcements.

(That and I dont feel like its worth it)

Actually had someone tell me once that they got triggered by whenever I post a thread about an announcement for a game (especially if its get ported over to PC or become multiplat) lol.

Like seriously....if a game going multiplatform upsets you....you need to get a life.

I think MS would be smart if they treated Japan as a third party market. They've had console failure after console failure there. The market itself is going to be shrinking massively over the next couple decades to lack of babies in Japan, anyway. Might as well maximize revenue and profits and eliminate costs.

Release all Xbox Series S games on Switch 2 (exclusively in Japan).

The Switch 2 will be significantly more powerful than Switch 1, even just natively, based on Nintendo patterns (Wii U was a huge upgrade over Wii, which was a minor upgrade over GameCube, which was a huge upgrade over N64, etc). But factoring in dlss 2.1 or more and suddenly the Switch 2 will probably be able to play Series S versions of games with some minor adjustments.

Why sell 10,000 copies of a AAA games when you could ditch the hardware for the region and sell 2.5 million copies of the game?

I say this as both a huge Nintendo gamer and a Series X owner.

I'm sure it would be tricky to prevent Americans from trying to fool the system and act like they are in Japam so they can buy MS games on their Switch, but it's doable I'm sure. Plus, even if they do that, you are still selling the game so it's isn't that much of a loss lol.

derpysquirtle64 said:

Even with PC, potential userbase is a lot lower than Playstation or Switch for example. PC market is growing in Japan, but still not comparable to other two platforms mentioned if I'm not being wrong.

1.2 billion for PC software.  2.7 billion for the total console software, so in 2022 PC gaming was the same as a console.

Should also be noted that Fable is now a verified account and connected to the Xbox brand as well.

ZeniMax Product Manager in Europe teasing an internal announcement for 2024? Indiana Jones? Zenimax Online next game?