By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Wouldn't be a problem with HiFi Rush releasing on Switch if Xbox hasn't been the only platform out there struggling with developer support due to low sales. Fix appeal of your platform first, then put games elsewhere. Entire 2023 has been just a bunch of bad news surrounding Xbox that it felt like we are in 2017 again. No surprise some gaming outlets come up with headlines like "Hellblade 2 will be the most important game for Xbox". And as for Microsoft already left "console mindset". This is wrong. Because if they did they would have abandoned exclusivity entirely, not going "case by case" basis. As long as they are in this business, people will still expect them to play by this business rules. If they don't want it, just quit. Btw, this way they will achieve their goals even faster - expanding audience for their games and increasing growth. The current mixed messaging IMO tells me that they are still undecided whether they want to stay in console business or not.

P.S. If the reason for HiFi Rush coming to Switch is because Tango wants the game to have exposure to Japanese audience in particular, it just proves my point that I've been saying for years - there will never be a Japanese exclusive game on Xbox. At least not until they expand Xbox player base. No Japanese developer would want to tie their game by exclusivity contract with Xbox because it's a suicide for such game. Even Xbox owned studio understands that.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

The most recent update we have on Everwild was the 2021 report that the game had been rebooted with Simon Woodroffe leaving as Creative Director and Gregg Mayles replacing him. That leak said they were optimistically targeting a 2024 release. So if development went smoothly it could indeed release this year, but smooth development seems pretty rare at Xbox studios.

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/why-wasnt-everwild-at-e3-its-been-completely-rebooted/

I see what you did there.

G2ThaUNiT said:

Spyro 4 in 2024 just so happening to be the Year of the Dragon????

Definitely won't have that title since that was already the title for Spyro 3 lol but I believe!!!

I need to get into the series lol

Also the rumor about Hifi rush on Switch, rather have Rare Replay to be honest :(

derpysquirtle64 said:

No Japanese developer would want to tie their game by exclusivity contract with Xbox because it's a suicide for such game. Even Xbox owned studio understands that.

Would be true last gen but this gen any game would be day one also on PC with US$1.3 billion in 2022 not that small anymore.

Honestly is not much difference with the Chinese devs, some also said Chinese studios hate Xbox but it was MS themself that said 'We don't want Genshin Impact as an Xbox exclusive' Well Sony went for it instead and it became a massive succes, same with Honkai last year. And then we are also not talking about Korean devs who are making games like  Stellar Blade for example.   Compared to Sony MS does little..

Anyway I think some games like Everwild are cancelled but they know announcing it would be just another L .  So instead they are working on something else instead and when they will show the new game project it is not going to look like before but possible still called Everwild to not lose face. 

Sigh

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 07 January 2024

Around the Network
  • "Lol! We don't even know what Everwild is. What an L! Not even Microsoft knows what Everwild is!"
  • "Lol! I bet Everwild is cancelled but they're going to reveal a game called Everwild but it's going to be totally different to what Everwild was!"

Which is it? Did Everwild have a concept or didn't it? Did we know what it was or didn't we?

Gregg Mayles took over so early in development that Everwild is whatever Gregg wants it to be, but lets be needlessly pessimistic as per usual and claim it's cancelled based on fuck all but also say that they'll use the name Everwild so I won't be wrong when it isn't cancelled but it'll be totally different to what Everwild was meant to be, which I know nothing about.

I guess Borderlands was cancelled when they changed the art-style /s.

Everwild

Oh do I long for that which is unknown

Its the different

The want that crescendos into plains undiscovered

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Ryuu96 said:
  • "Lol! We don't even know what Everwild is. What an L! Not even Microsoft knows what Everwild is!"
  • "Lol! I bet Everwild is cancelled but they're going to reveal a game called Everwild but it's going to be totally different to what Everwild was!"

Which is it? Did Everwild have a concept or didn't it? Did we know what it was or didn't we?

Gregg Mayles took over so early in development that Everwild is whatever Gregg wants it to be, but lets be needlessly pessimistic as per usual and claim it's cancelled based on fuck all but also say that they'll use the name Everwild so I won't be wrong when it isn't cancelled but it'll be totally different to what Everwild was meant to be, which I know nothing about.

I guess Borderlands was cancelled when they changed the art-style /s.

I would gladly be proven wrong but the game got announced before Xbox series was on the market and since then we only heard negative terms like 'Issues, turmoil and Reboot while it was in development for year(s). When you use a term like 'Reboot' the project can end up so different than its orignal concept, design, idea... Lucky Everwild is a title that can be used for many different kind of games/gameplay.

konnichiwa said:

Would be true last gen but this gen any game would be day one also on PC with US$1.3 billion in 2022 not that small anymore.

Honestly is not much difference with the Chinese devs, some also said Chinese studios hate Xbox but it was MS themself that said 'We don't want Genshin Impact as an Xbox exclusive' Well Sony went for it instead and it became a massive succes, same with Honkai last year. And then we are also not talking about Korean devs who are making games like  Stellar Blade for example.   Compared to Sony MS does little..

Anyway I think some games like Everwild are cancelled but they know announcing it would be just another L .  So instead they are working on something else instead and when they will show the new game project it is not going to look like before but possible still called Everwild to not lose face. 

Even with PC, potential userbase is a lot lower than Playstation or Switch for example. PC market is growing in Japan, but still not comparable to other two platforms mentioned if I'm not being wrong.

P.S. Fully agree on Everwild. at least "original Everwild" being canned. At the same time makes me wonder what Rare is working on next.

Same dude who leaked it was rebooted. We haven't heard nothing but "negative" news, that is your selective viewing, I literally posted this tweet in here at the time it was made. We have barely heard anything about it since the 2021 reboot. Labelling a game as "cancelled" because it was "rebooted" is needlessly negative framing and it doesn't even make sense.

If I'm going to label it as cancelled because it was rebooted and it might change from the original idea (of which we had almost zero idea what it was about) then you can go ahead and label half the industries releases as cancelled games. Nobody would use the word "cancelled" to describe Half-Life, Fallout 3, Borderlands, Resident Evil 4, Final Fantasy XV, Doom, Metroid Prime 4, etc.

We going to say Avowed was cancelled now too? Lol. That cancelled game Avowed is releasing in 2024.

Everwild was clearly in the very early stages of production as well before Gregg took over, even if Gregg didn't take over it would have had years to add additions to the game and make it different from what the game started off as. Ain't nobody labelling Borderlands as cancelled because they changed the art-style which is one of the few things we seemingly know for sure about Everwild.

It really does come across as desperately looking for a reason to be critical and the worst part is you're setting yourself up to be right no matter what, when you say "Everwild is cancelled but they'll still release a game called Everwild but we won't know how its different from the original Everwild because nothing was confirmed for that game" C'mon.

If some of you learnt how much games change course during development I think we'd have to label 99% of the industry as cancelled.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 07 January 2024