By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
coolbeans said:

Would be funny if Flight Sim 2024 gets delayed.

Could be not on xbox this year.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Ryuu96 said:

• Avowed
  • Hellblade II
  • Towerborne
  • Flight Sim 2024
  • Ara History Untold
  • COD: Gulf War

And More.

Horizon 6 and Contraband are the two most likely additions I think. Oblivion remaster could make it if the original leaker was to be believed, but he also said that it could slip into 2025. Indiana Jones could make it as well, but I honestly don't think Machine has been working on it long enough for it to make 2024. 

I doubt Fable, Project Mara, OD, Everwild, Gears 6, Halo Tatanka, id's next game (Quake?), Outer Worlds 2, Clockwork Revolution, South of Midnight, State of Decay 3, Perfect Dark, Project Suerte, Fallout 3 Remaster, Project Shaolin, Project Maverick, or any of the other Xbox games we know about make 2024.

Yeah, I think Horizon 6 and Contraband are most likely. Horizon 6 may slip into 2025 though, I think a combination of new engine/next gen only, losing a few Horizon senior employees (although, so did FH4-FH5 so this would be a minor thing) and potentially them wanting to shake things up a little (the new director might want to do that) could all add up to a delay into 2025.

Contraband has been in development for a few years from Avalanche who are quite a large studio, it looks like their biggest project so probably has their biggest team of the 500+ employees they have, IIRC Jez also said it was scheduled originally for 2023 but Avalanche missed multiple deadlines during the pandemic so a 2024 Holiday release seems like a decent possibility.

Oblivion is a possibility but not if they've gone full fledged Remake. Indiana Jones for me is 50/50. Fable, Project Mara, OD, Gears 6, ID Software's Game, The Outer Worlds 2, Clockwork Revolution, State of Decay 3, Perfect Dark, Project Maverick, Project Shaolin are all 2025+ but I think Everwild could launch in some sort of early access mode, something SoT could have done and avoided the negative reviews at launch.

I'd be about 60/40 on Certain Affinity releasing something, I think they could possibly release either Tatanka or Suerte, I think Suerte may be a bit more likely as Tatanka was reportedly expanded in scope or changed in some way, that alongside the rumour of turning it into Unreal Engine 5 from Slipspace will delay things by quite a bit from the original plan.

I think Suerte needs to release before Monster Hunter Wilds Tbh...Even though I didn't think much to the trailer for Wilds, I know Suerte will be compared to Monster Hunter by reviewers and gamers and launching close to it could kill Suerte, like Titanfall launching near COD, Lol. Ideally it's ready for later this year or early 2025.

South of Midnight I'm 50/50 on cause I think it could be early 2025.

And one of Double Fine's smaller projects could release or be one of those shadow-drops.

Microsoft Has Filed A New Trademark: KILN | Gamesual

Kiln | Double Fine Productions

Ryuu96 said:

-Close To The Sun

-Those Who Remain

Well, at least you don't have to put $$$ down if you're interested in trying them out now. lol

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

Imagine if Forza Horizon 6 doesn't make 2024 but is released in 2025 alongside Fable. As long as Fable delivers, Playground would feel on-top of the world, all the awards or nominations they'd get in 2025. They'd be rolling in money as well and they'd be the talk of Xbox studios, Lol. I do hope Horizon 6 is 2024 though but I wouldn't be mad about a 2025 release.

You do not want that to happen.  Next thing you know they will be asking MS to leave just like Bungie.  Once the money come rolling in so does the need to collect the most of it.  Under MS, all that money goes to MS, separated from MS, it all goes in the studio head pockets.

Old news a bit though, it was posted in October but nobody noticed it until now, Lol.

Well, at least Tim does have some role.

It is almost 10 years ago that MS bought the Gears Franchise IP....would be the perfect day for a Direct (27th of January)

G2ThaUNiT said:

Well, at least Tim does have some role.

Yeah he said in a video he's basically semi-retired but offers consulting now, I don't think it's restricted to Obsidian only so I wonder if InXile could get him too.

This bit is interesting.

One Obsidian developer has apparently "figured out" a solution to a problem Cain has encountered in games since his work on the original Fallout in 1995. "I not only told him how impressed I was, I found my notes from 28 years before," Cain said, revealing that he even dug out notes from a production meeting in 1995 to recall his work trying to solve the problem.

What is this problem, you ask? Cain isn't saying, primarily because he can't reveal too much about The Outer Worlds 2 right now. "There’s stuff they're trying to do in the sequel, that of course I can't talk about, that I get pulled in on because it's similar to stuff I've done in the past," the veteran developer says of his time working on Obsidian's new game.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 03 January 2024