By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Looks like Assault, VIP, and GRIFBALL may finally be making their triumphant return to Halo Infinite for Season 6!

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
Ryuu96 said:

Imo Hill House is one of the greatest horror shows of all time with some incredible story moments. Then I would rate it House Usher > Midnight Mass > Bly Manor but as far as I'm concerned Flanagan has only had one miss which is Midnight Club.

You have to have a bit of an open mind with Bly Manor, Hill House leans more towards horror, Bly Manor leans more towards romance/love story. He always has deeper messages behind his horror shows as well and damn he knows how to kill certain characters in such a sad but beautiful way.

I don't think his style of horror would fit Kojima at all though.

I think one of the biggest goosebump moments in all of horror is learning about the truth of the bent-neck lady. And even though the bent-neck lady was main supplier of shock moments, this reveal tops it all. I thought such a strong moment is towards the end of the series, so when I looked to see the scene again recently, I searched the last episodes, but actually this moment is right in the middle. And yet the series still offers so much to unveil.

The reason I like Hill House and Bly Manor the most, is that in them every moment, every scene has an overarching meaning. You can look back at earlier scenes with the later reveals and realize how they fit in, how they support the overarching theme and plot. And yes, each of them has a certain deeper message, but mostly it is simple: family for Hill House, love for Bly Manor, faith for Midnight mass, death for Midnight club. It is less clear with Usher, I think maybe Hubris, but in that most scenes more seem to hunt for gruesome moments than to support the underlying meaning or the overarching plot. In that regard Usher fails in my opinion.

Because you say the one miss is Midnight Club: I feel the story itself is kinda weak, but the strong part of that show lies in the stories the kids tell in that Midnight Club. And especially how it connects to their character, to their fears, their wishes. That makes the show good in my opinion. The overarching plot is needed, so that we know the characters telling the story, but is otherwise quite unimportant. He tried to make that a bit interesting with the stuff about the rituals, but I think it does not work too well.

And about Kojima: I think if Kojima would work with Flanagan, than the trailer of OD would've showed actors from the gang usually working with Flanagan. He works always with the same actors, so I think he would've recommended them to Kojima as well. Seeing Sophia Lillis in the trailer though always reminds me how the morons at Netflix cancelled I am Not Okay With This.

Spoiler!

Bent-Neck Lady was fucking amazing and will always stick with me, Goddamn what a moment, it was chilling. Just watched the scene again and got chills again! Lmao. I think Usher is Hubris as you said, it's a warning against greed, the allure of power and greed at the cost of love and kindness. They suffer due to the greed of their father and he loses everything, and it didn't have to happen in gruesome ways, but many of his children also infected by greed made their demise worse than it had to be, IIRC she even tells some of them their deaths would have been peaceful if they had not been dicks and also driven by greed, she would have given them something like a peaceful death in their sleep but most of them were also power hungry assholes, she tried to warn the kid at the beginning as well although his death was incredibly fucked up, Lol.

The most good of them all, had to die as well, because of the greed of the father, the only good thing his family produced and that scene was fucking heart-breaking, I felt it coming and I was like "no no no, let her live, please say the mother cheated on the father and she's not his daughter!" Lmao. Her death affected the greedy grandpa the most because even he knew she was the best thing to come out of that family but his greed resulted in her death.

Yeah, I agree about Midnight Club, story is weak but the characterisation is good, the horror is weak too, I think it should have been a standalone series and not intended to have a second season, I did find myself flipping on some characters I hated at the start and some of the deaths did choke me up so it did have some emotional impact on me, the deaths are done well once again.

Love Flanagan's set of actors and love that he takes them everywhere.

Netflix was stupid for losing Flanagan to Amazon.

But what I wonder about OD is if it will be an anthology horror with a different story for a different director because if he has 7 horror creatives working on a single project I could see that becoming messy as a clash of ideas and creative control.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 14 December 2023

G2ThaUNiT said:
NightF0x73 said:

Thanks for the welcome messages :)

Always nice to have a newcomer to the forum! Although Ryuu's patience on the lack of a profile avatar will wear thin with time

A guide for setting up a profile avatar

In case you need it.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Machiavellian said:
Ryuu96 said:

The game looks very pretty but man the combat still is leaving me with the same vibe as the first game.  I feel that once the graphics wow leaves me, I will probably lose interest like I did with the first game.  But who knows, maybe they can share their tech with MS other studios to bring the wow factor into their games which is missing compared to their competition.

Honestly the game has 'Ryse' Vibes Visuals wow but gameplay meh..

konnichiwa said:
Machiavellian said:

The game looks very pretty but man the combat still is leaving me with the same vibe as the first game.  I feel that once the graphics wow leaves me, I will probably lose interest like I did with the first game.  But who knows, maybe they can share their tech with MS other studios to bring the wow factor into their games which is missing compared to their competition.

Honestly the game has 'Ryse' Vibes Visuals wow but gameplay meh..

You could also say it has Alan Wake 2 vibes which has quite a bit of criticism towards its combat gameplay, or Plague Tale vibes.

Or u'know, the fact that Hellblade I already released to an 84 critic score and was enjoyed way more than Ryse so assuming this combat is better, it should score similar.

Ain't nothing wrong with a gritty and realistic combat.

Around the Network

God damn, I forgot about this skin! Windows Media Player used to be the coolest piece of software ever!

NightF0x73 said:

How do you feel guys with Series Sales ?

I've been an Xbox 360 gamer since the beginning, and this console was part of my childhood and adolescence. I have a special attachment to the brand with the green X.

But when I see that the Series isn't doing as well as the One, even though I think they're much better machines, as well as the 35% drop in sales in the EU when Starfield was released, I'm afraid of one thing.

That Microsoft will go full PC and abandon consoles for good. I'm starting to get used to them between Kinect, Azure Kinect, Windows Phones, it's a lot.
Obviously, if that happens, it'll be time for me to build myself a war PC so I can continue to enjoy gamepass, but that would be a big turning point...

I hope I'm being pessimistic.

What is your feeling about it?

I think Xbox Series isn't selling as well as many hoped it would. Xbox has fixed so many of the issues that plagued Xbox One, from the hardware itself having lackluster specs, to the tiny first party last gen, but so far Xbox Series sales are at best trending along the same path as Xbox One, and here recently, even lower than Xbox One. The early gen supply issues affecting Xbox longer than Sony really killed it's momentum and set Xbox Series on a downward trend. Starfield wasn't quite the system seller many hoped it would be, partially because of the game's actual shortcomings and partly because of the barrage of media attacks on the game. Right now the future isn't looking too bright for Xbox Series, November sales were only slightly up by 3% over last year in the UK, while US November sales were apparently down by over 20% YoY, in spite of Xbox having killer US Black Friday deals, and Xbox needed to be up by about 25% YoY this Holiday to stay ahead of Xbox One launch aligned I believe. About the only glimmer of hope I see for Xbox Series at least outselling Xbox One this gen is the fact that next year's CoD and all CoD's after that can be bundled with Xbox Series consoles in Holiday bundle deals and will be day one Gamepass, which could give the console some much needed sales momentum with CoD casuals potentially. 

I don't think they plan to abandon consoles and go PC only though, it doesn't really make sense for them to do that since PC Gamepass and Microsoft Store haven't taken off as well as they hoped it would, Valve has a stranglehold on the PC market that really prevents any competition with them, just ask Epic who have wasted billions trying to steal just a tiny piece of the PC marketshare pie from Valve. I think new Xbox console hardware is coming.

I think it's pretty telling that we have a leaker that is known to be pretty reliable suggesting that Xbox is planning to cut their losses and end this generation early. If he is to be believed, Xbox Next could potentially release in 2026 or 2027, earlier than the 2028 from the ABK court case document leak. It definitely feels like Xbox knows that key exclusives and higher hardware production numbers were too late this gen to turn it's sales around, and feel like it is smarter for them to start next gen early, presumably with a 1 year headstart over PS6. 

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 14 December 2023

Hope it's not 2027 because I don't like that number kappa.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

NobleTeam360 said:
ice said:

hmmm weird, I managed to do both of my mobile and web in like 15 minutes lol I just wait like 5sec between each one

Yeah, mine was like that for the past week or so. Now it's only letting me search a few times for points and then I have to wait awhile (I assume the 15 minutes) before I get points again. 

It's still working for me, have yet to see the 15 minute timer. Here is what is working for me, try it and see if it works for you:

For starters, I'm using Chrome as my browser, no idea if that matters or not, maybe they have only implemented the 15 minute timer on Edge or something, maybe not. Secondly, when I click on a trending search, I wait and watch the upper right corner of the Bing webpage. Up in the right corner you will see how many Microsoft Reward points you have as well as the Logo for Microsoft Rewards, a ribbon, I have highlighted that here:

When the ribbon icon is partially white like in that image you wait, don't click the next trending search or you will get no points for it and possibly cause that 15 minute lockout timer by clicking too fast through the trending searches (possible anti-bot protection they implemented?). You want to wait until you see that Microsoft Rewards ribbon logo turn almost fully blue and see the 5 points for the search get added to your rewards point total. I have circled what the ribbon looks like when it turns almost fully blue and the points get registered here:

No idea if it will work for anyone but me, but so far I have yet to get hit by the 15 minute timer even though it is supposedly live in the US as of the beginning of this week, 4 days of searching now without hitting the 15 minute timer even once. I've noticed that occasionally I won't get the points for a search even after waiting for the Ribbon Icon to turn blue, but usually the very next search after that one will award the points once the ribbon changes to blue. When I get a chain of more than 2 in a row not awarding points even after waiting for the ribbon icon to turn blue, I will wait a few minutes (not a full 15) and try again, and then it usually starts awarding points again.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 14 December 2023