By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
G2ThaUNiT said:
shikamaru317 said:

Yeah, seems like there is alot more positivity for WoW now than there was at the recent reveal event. The reveal trailer for the new expansion for main WoW got about 1 dislike for every 6 likes, while the reveal trailer for WoW Classic's Cataclysm expansion got about 1 dislike for every 4 likes. This new video for WoW Classic is sitting at 32 likes for every dislike, hugely more positive. Seems like people were largely worried that Cataclysm would be forced on them in WoW Classic, and since many old WoW fans felt like Cataclysm was the expansion that started WoW's decline, they were understandably worried that Cata would destroy WoW Classic just as it destroyed WoW. Now that we know vanilla WoW Classic will be maintained separately from Cata WoW Classic, I guess people are much less worried. Also helps that they are making some needed changes to Cata for Classic which will make it a better experience than it was originally in main WoW.

Xbox really needs to get WoW and WoW Classic onto Xbox somehow, would love to get back into it again after more than a decade, but my PC doesn't even meet the minimum requirement anymore.

In Chris Metzen we trust! I'm not too worried about the new trilogy of expansions. The worst received expansions for WoW like Mists of Pandaria, Battle for Azeroth, and Shadowlands, Chris didn't have any involvement in, so I trust he'll be able to turn the franchise around now that he's Creative Director over the Warcraft universe. 

Cataclysm definitely started out strong at release, but as more content was added is when players started to turn sour. Still the sickest box art in the games history imo lol. I personally wasn't a fan of how much Blizzard changed the landscape of the game with Cataclysm and the Dungeon Finder. The game started to feel like an automated experience with that feature. It would be great if we're eventually able to get to the point to where Blizzard has servers available for every expansion, but that's a fever dream lol.

As long as the traditional vanilla WoW experience remains untouched with Hardcore and Seasonal servers for vanilla WoW remaining separate experiences, the playerbase will be happy. It's funny how many love that original experience. 

Bruh, is your PC a potato????

Pretty much. It was a budget $500 gaming PC when I built it in 2015, and that was 8 years ago. It has a 4th gen Intel i3 CPU, a GTX 950 GPU, 8GB of DDR3, and a mechanical 7200 RPM 1 TB hard drive. 

The minimum requirement for WoW now is a 4th gen i5 (I only have a 4th gen i3) and an SSD (I only have a mechanical hard drive). I meet the minimum requirement on GPU and RAM, but only just barely, as a 950 and 8GB of RAM are pretty much the bare minimum. 

Trying to decide if I should buy a cheap refurbished gaming PC from Amazon with better specs than I currently have for $300-400, or if I should wait and save and build like a $1000 PC beginning of next gen instead of buying the next gen Xbox, since Xbox keeps treating console owners like 2nd class citizens. 

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 30 November 2023

Around the Network

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Due to some life occurrences (my rent was raised and I now need a new (to me) car) I am going to have to be cutting back on all my superfluous expenses. Unfortunately, that also includes gamepass. I will probably resubscribe in the future, but I am currently in a position where I am having to cancel all of my subscriptions and lower my bills everywhere wherever possible. Going to be a lean 2024 for me.

I’ve been subscribed to gamepass uninterrupted since mid 2020 and I’ve tried a huge number of games because of it. A little sad I won’t be having it for a while but I got a ton out of it

shikamaru317 said:
ice said:

is it just me or is bing rewards getting worse like every week? I just noticed they stop giving out points for edge searches.

No, it's not just you, we were just talking about the recent Rewards changes recently. 

• The 20 Edge points per day from Bing Rewards are gone.
  • Bing Rewards now seems to have a 20 or 30 second timer per search, meaning that you can no longer easily get your points by spam clicking through the trending news searches each day, as I and many others have done for years.
  • The Microsoft Rewards for Xbox app is being ended in like a week, after they have spent the last year or so gutting the app by removing more and more point opportunities
  • Xbox Rewards (which has been in beta and can be accessed from either the mobile Xbox app or an obscure tab on your Xbox profile on console) is the replacement for the above app which is ending support in a week. Meanwhile, Xbox Rewards recently had it's 50 points per day for earning an achievement in a Gamepass game shrunk by 90% down to 5 points per day. Xbox has yet to reveal if new point opportunities will be added to Xbox Rewards to make up for the missing points from the soon to be removed Microsoft Rewards for Xbox app.

In regards to what I bolded above: I find that the delay is only about 5 seconds for me.  If I click a link, get points, count to 5, then click another, I get points every time.  But if I click the next one too fast, the delay for getting points again is about 20-30 seconds, like you said.

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish

shikamaru317 said:
ice said:

is it just me or is bing rewards getting worse like every week? I just noticed they stop giving out points for edge searches.

No, it's not just you, we were just talking about the recent Rewards changes recently. 

• Bing Rewards now seems to have a 20 or 30 second timer per search, meaning that you can no longer easily get your points by spam clicking through the trending news searches each day, as I and many others have done for years.
  • The Microsoft Rewards for Xbox app is being ended in like a week, after they have spent the last year or so gutting the app by removing more and more point opportunities
  • Xbox Rewards (which has been in beta and can be accessed from either the mobile Xbox app or an obscure tab on your Xbox profile on console) is the replacement for the above app which is ending support in a week. Meanwhile, Xbox Rewards recently had it's 50 points per day for earning an achievement in a Gamepass game shrunk by 90% down to 5 points per day. Xbox has yet to reveal if new point opportunities will be added to Xbox Rewards to make up for the missing points from the soon to be removed Microsoft Rewards for Xbox app.

Doing searches is completely broke for me today. I've gotten 0 points doing searches, even with the first search of the day. The play a PC game, play 1 level in Jewel, and the daily uses on the Xbox app still work for me. So that is 160+ points per day. The play a PC game is worth 100 if you have Game Pass and have 7+ friends, while it is 60 points for playing 1 level in Jewel.

The daily sets, more activities, etc. also are working fine for now. 

I do have Game Pass maxed out at 3 years and have 188K MS Points, so I am good for like 4 and a half years for Game Pass Ultimate if I were to stop getting points right now.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Around the Network

Microsoft Corp. is talking to partners to help launch a mobile app store that will take on Apple Inc. and Google's dominant position in the business, according to Phil Spencer, who leads the company's Xbox video-game division.

"It's an important part of our strategy and something we are actively working on today not only alone, but talking to other partners who'd also like to see more choice for how they can monetize on the phone,'' Spencer said in an interview in Sao Paulo during the CCXP comics and entertainment convention.

The executive declined to give a specific date for a launch of the online store, which earlier reports suggested could be next year. "I don't think this is multiple years away, I think this is sooner than that,'' he said.

Xbox Talking to Partners for Mobile Store, CEO Spencer Says - Bloomberg

kenjab said:
shikamaru317 said:

In regards to what I bolded above: I find that the delay is only about 5 seconds for me.  If I click a link, get points, count to 5, then click another, I get points every time.  But if I click the next one too fast, the delay for getting points again is about 20-30 seconds, like you said.

I'll have to try that and see if it works. 

Edit: It does, waiting about 5 seconds between clicking through the trending news seems to allow the points to register now. Still much slower than it used to be for like 6 years of me using Bing Rewards and spam clicking my way through the trending news to get the points, but still much faster than that 20-30 second lockout timer for spamming through the news too fast. 

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 30 November 2023

trunkswd said:
shikamaru317 said:

Doing searches is completely broke for me today. I've gotten 0 points doing searches, even with the first search of the day. The play a PC game, play 1 level in Jewel, and the daily uses on the Xbox app still work for me. So that is 160+ points per day. The play a PC game is worth 100 if you have Game Pass and have 7+ friends, while it is 60 points for playing 1 level in Jewel.

The daily sets, more activities, etc. also are working fine for now. 

I do have Game Pass maxed out at 3 years and have 188K MS Points, so I am good for like 4 and a half years for Game Pass Ultimate if I were to stop getting points right now.

I have about 10 months of Gamepass Ultimate left and 59k MS points right now, so assuming I can keep getting at least 350 points per day on average like I have been, I should be able to keep Gamepass Ultimate going for free without spending a dime for a further few years at least. Alot depends on them not further cutting points opportunities even lower than they have already cut them, as well as them not raising Gamepass costs again, both dollar and point.

Barozi said:
konnichiwa said:

Well that's the point, you expect the thread to be alive when something like that happens =p

Not really.

At the time you posted it, the TA news piece was maybe 10 minutes old.

No idea when the game became available to download on Game Pass today which isn't even the time the first person would've discovered it but it likely wasn't that much earlier.

Then you have to consider that it was the middle of the night in the US where about half the users in this thread are from.

So unless someone stumbled onto it themselves what where the chances of someone reading it that much earlier on their Twitter feed when there wasn't an official announcement?

It was 8 hours before I posted already on gamepass and mentioned by people like Klobrille =p

aTokenYeti said:

Due to some life occurrences (my rent was raised and I now need a new (to me) car) I am going to have to be cutting back on all my superfluous expenses. Unfortunately, that also includes gamepass. I will probably resubscribe in the future, but I am currently in a position where I am having to cancel all of my subscriptions and lower my bills everywhere wherever possible. Going to be a lean 2024 for me.

I’ve been subscribed to gamepass uninterrupted since mid 2020 and I’ve tried a huge number of games because of it. A little sad I won’t be having it for a while but I got a ton out of it

That sucks, I hope things get better for you soon, positive attitude!

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 30 November 2023