By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Manlytears said:
VersusEvil said:

If you think MS will ever get a GOTY nomination on a Geoff show or one with media voting I don’t know what to say.

Why not? In fact, If rumors of Dishonored 3 and Doom year zero lauching in 2024 are true....Man, i can see Xbox getting one nominee or more, chances are high.

Today's Xbox is a different Beats. The "ugly duckling" that never had an exclusive among the nominees bought major studios and will start delivering results sooner or later.

No chance Dishonoured 3 is 2024, those dates are wildly inaccurate now and were made years ago, before Dishonoured 3 even entered pre-production (if it even has), I would be very wary about the titles listed at the end of the leaked document as even happening, lot of stuff listed before it even entered development and years before Microsoft acquired Zenimax.

Of the titles that have released, most of their dates are off by about 1-2 years.

Around the Network

Xbox owned developers have released multiple GOTYs though, TGA's is just one GOTY of hundreds.

Pentiment won 4, Forza Horizon 5 won 55, Deathloop won 40, Halo Infinite won 30, Psychonauts 2 won 19, Age of Empires IV won 2, Ori and the Will of the Wisps won 5, Flight Simulator won 4. Xbox owned studios won 33% of GOTYs in 2021. There are genres that are more likely to get into TGAs though such as 3rd person action adventures, pretty much impossible for fighters and racers to get a nomination.

Ryuu96 said:

Xbox owned developers have released multiple GOTYs though, TGA's is just one GOTY of hundreds.

Pentiment won 4, Forza Horizon 5 won 55, Deathloop won 40, Halo Infinite won 30, Psychonauts 2 won 19, Age of Empires IV won 2, Ori and the Will of the Wisps won 5, Flight Simulator won 4. Xbox owned studios won 33% of GOTYs in 2021. There are genres that are more likely to get into TGAs though such as 3rd person action adventures, pretty much impossible for fighters and racers to get a nomination.

Sure, i agree with you, and history strongly indicates that you are correct ( https://goty.gamefa.com/ ). I was only talking specifically about "Geoff's game awards".

Also, the leaks for Doom and Dishonored are outdated? Meh, but at some point games will come. Xbox now have +30 talented studios, Nominees and wins at Game Awards will happen at some point, without a doubt. ( same goes about conquering the position of "most awarded game in year", without a doubt it is just a matter of time.)

Lmao. Man...Bungie, now this.

Around the Network

Do you think MS have kept 1-2 surprises announcement for TGA.
So far there's 5 game announced for 2024 Hellblade 2, Avowed, Towerborn, Ara History Untold and Flight Sim 2024.

For me only 2 of them (Hellblade 2 and Avowed) definitely fit the blockbuster/highly anticipated (3 with CoD) Titles that can fulfill Spencer vision of 1 such title/quarter.

Ara and Towerborne looks nice but a tad too niche to have blockbuster aspiration and Flight Sim, while a great experience, is debatably not really a game (it might still be considered as such by MS, especially if they don't have other such titles ready, but it's a stretch)

Given Xbox confidence I think MS may have kept 1-2 surprise, release in 2024, announcements for TGA. Also, as i'm sure Xbox is fully aware, now more then ever they need presence whenever possible and not let go of any opportunity to be talked about.

I'm thinking a gears of War related announcement might be likely.

EpicRandy said:

Do you think MS have kept 1-2 surprises announcement for TGA.
So far there's 5 game announced for 2024 Hellblade 2, Avowed, Towerborn, Ara History Untold and Flight Sim 2024.

For me only 2 of them (Hellblade 2 and Avowed) definitely fit the blockbuster/highly anticipated (3 with CoD) Titles that can fulfill Spencer vision of 1 such title/quarter.

Ara and Towerborne looks nice but a tad too niche to have blockbuster aspiration and Flight Sim, while a great experience, is debatably not really a game (it might still be considered as such by MS, especially if they don't have other such titles ready, but it's a stretch)

Given Xbox confidence I think MS may have kept 1-2 surprise, release in 2024, announcements for TGA. Also, as i'm sure Xbox is fully aware, now more then ever they need presence whenever possible and not let go of any opportunity to be talked about.

I'm thinking a gears of War related announcement might be likely.

I'm not sure if they'll reveal anything new as they already have a lot announced but I do think TGAs is better to reveal games years away than their own showcases. I still think there's a decent chance that Contraband is 2024 so that could get a trailer, also Indiana Jones but they may save that for June showcase unless Bethesda wants it at TGAs.

By blockbuster I think Xbox just means AAA cause they've used "big" to describe the one game per quarter before, so they probably count Hellblade 2, Avowed and Flight Simulator 2024, alongside Call of Duty 2024 that would be 4 but I'm confident they'll be more than 4 in 2024. As I said, I think Contraband could be 2024 and Indiana Jones. Maybe the Oblivion Remaster too. 

I do agree that Towerborne wouldn't fit the description of "blockbuster/big/AAA" and while I hear Ara is quite a big game, maybe even considered AAA, I don't think a PC only release should count, they need to be considering both the console fanbase and PC fanbase when making statements like this, but it may count to Xbox from a pure business standpoint.

I have my doubts Q1 will have an AAA, I think the only possibility is Hellblade 2 and I'm feeling very unsure on that. What I think is more likely right now is Hellblade in Q2, Flight Simulator 2024 and Avowed in Q3 and maybe Indiana Jones in Q4 or a different AAA title. I don't see what else could hit Q1 other than Hellblade on such a short marketing cycle.