By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

He mentions Ara then Towerborne then says Hellblade comes later.

So he may have just given away the release schedule as Ara > Towerborne > Hellblade > Avowed

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

Yeah, Pillars of Eternity 2 was not a success on release, it flopped hard on launch. One of the game's biggest investors revealed that it only sold 110k copies in the first 4 months. We don't know first 4 months sales for the first PoE, but we do know that it sold over 500k in the first 7 months, so first 4 months sales were likely at least triple the sequel's 110k. I'm glad it had good late life legs at least. 

Ryuu96 said:

So he may have just given away the release schedule as Ara > Towerborne > Hellblade > Avowed

Might not have a AAA in Q1 then, which is a bit of a shame since Phil suggested that in 2024 they would finally achieve their longstanding goal of one AAA per quarter. Though I suppose it's possible that they have managed to stuff Ara, Towerborne, and Hellblade all into Q1, with Avowed being their Q2 AAA. 

trunkswd said:
gtotheunit91 said:

"Recognises Gears of War as a franchise has horror elements to it" HYPE!

"One of the main goals for all Xbox Studios is to create a diverse games line-up, from small games like Pentiment to big AAA such as Starfield, and everything in-between, not just focusing on some selected genres." Underappreciated statement! 

If only 343 would do the same with Halo. The Flood were terrifying in Halo CE. At least in your first playthrough. 

And that was in 2001! I can't imagine how epic the Flood would look and feel like in a modern Halo game. 

gtotheunit91 said:
trunkswd said:

If only 343 would do the same with Halo. The Flood were terrifying in Halo CE. At least in your first playthrough. 

And that was in 2001! I can't imagine how epic the Flood would look and feel like in a modern Halo game. 

Yeah that would be amazing. Lets hope the next Halo game has the Flood. I honestly wouldn't mind Prometheans again as well. Definitely not as the main enemy but just something to deal with once in a blue moon to change up the pace from fighting the Banished. Later Halo CE levels were hectic dealing with the Covenant, Flood, and 343 with his sentinels. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Might not have a AAA in Q1 then, which is a bit of a shame since Phil suggested that in 2024 they would finally achieve their longstanding goal of one AAA per quarter. Though I suppose it's possible that they have managed to stuff Ara, Towerborne, and Hellblade all into Q1, with Avowed being their Q2 AAA. 

Ara, while PC only, has very AAA quality and ambitions. I played the most recent alpha test and it blows Civilization out the water! You can tell some serious money is being put into it. Ara will still be a huge game in scope and size when it releases. Hopefully a console version is also in the works. 

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

K-Pop fans taking over.

This is the prelude to whatever stuff they're doing with Jungkook.

200k views on a pair of eyes 🤣

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 09 November 2023

@NobleTeam360 You at Times Square waiting for Jungkook?

shikamaru317 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Grubb saying Mass Effect is not releasing until 2028-2029.

Fuck me, I hope I'm still alive for some of these sequels to videogames, Lmao.

I've been saying it was that far away for awhile now, it's only common sense. We know that Mass Effect 5 has only been in pre-production this whole time since it was announced in 2020, 3 years ago, Bioware themselves confirmed that it is only pre-production still (they only announced it when they did to assure fans that it wasn't a dead franchise, it had literally just began preproduction when they announced it in 2020, it is the exact same thing Bethesda did when they announced TES 6 in 2018). They lack the staff for it to begin full development before Dragon Age 4 releases (especially after they laid off 50 devs a few months ago), and since Dragon Age 4 is rumored for late 2024-early 2025, Mass Effect 5 won't enter full development until 2025. The average AAA takes 4 years to develop these days, and Mass Effect 5 will surely be a pretty big RPG with at least 50 hours of content (first 3 games had about 50 hours while Andromeda had about 90), so we could even be looking at 5 years of full development imo, 2030 release. And that is if development goes smoothly, if they have issues that cause partial reboots like has happened with Dragon Age 4, we could be looking at more than 5 years of full development, Dragon Age 4 will release with 6 years of full development on the Morrison build of the game, 2018-2024. 

I don't get how teams that have multiple blockbuster AAA games don't make more studios? I guess they don't have enough funding to begin with. I'm shocked EA has made another studio at Bioware that way they could be working on two AAA games at the same time (not including TOR).

I'm also surprised MS hasn't done the same with Bethesda. They should be making two of Elder Scrolls mainline, Fallout, Starfield, or new AAA games at all times. Doing one after another is ridiculous when they take 5-6 years each.

These massively popular studios are becoming one game per generation companies (if that).