By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I think Odyssey's proper reveal is likely at an Xbox event now, and if it is then I think the chances of it being exclusive are high, it'd be a good way to cement that Blizzard is apart of Xbox now by revealing a Blizzard exclusive at an Xbox event.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 03 November 2023

Around the Network

Around the Network
gtotheunit91 said:
Machiavellian said:

Is this the full screen ad that is popping up on Xbox consoles.  If so, I hope someone at MS understand this is not a good ideal.  The last thing I want when I boot up my Xbox is a full screen ad popping up trying to sell me something.  I get enough ads throughout my day to have something like this intruding on me getting to where I want to go on my console. This is the type of stuff that will never go well for MS if they continue to do this.

They've done this the entire year. Why only now is this becoming an issue?

I personally never seen it but then again, I never turn off my Xbox console but I have seen many complain about it when they did it for Forza and Starfield.  Its just an intrusive thing that lessen the experience of your console.  The thing is as more people accept this, the more intrusive MS will become with this type of BS.  

smroadkill15 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Journalists love dat ragebait.

Didn't know they did it for the ABK deal as well, Lol.

They've done it for Forza, Starfield, ABK deal, Xbox Showcase, COD and Developer Direct and the only ones I saw were Starfield and COD, Lol.

I noticed it before too and now it's a problem lol. Just another fake outrage issue 

No its not fake outrage, I personally do not want full page ads popping up on my console when I did not op in for that.  I do not care if its on GP, 3rd party or first party.  The most I accept is the ad tile that you cannot get rid of on your home screen on the Xbox. Now its full screen ads, what next.  As long as you continue to accept these types of things, MS will get bolder and start to do more because that is how corporate people think. It needs to be nipped now before they continue to push to see what is acceptable.

Imaginedvl said:
Machiavellian said:

Is this the full screen ad that is popping up on Xbox consoles.  If so, I hope someone at MS understand this is not a good ideal.  The last thing I want when I boot up my Xbox is a full screen ad popping up trying to sell me something.  I get enough ads throughout my day to have something like this intruding on me getting to where I want to go on my console. This is the type of stuff that will never go well for MS if they continue to do this.

This is a single popup that goes away with a single click?

I mean come on now, the over-reaction of people over something like that is simply ridiculous. Like you said, people are getting ads EVERYWHERE, ALL DAY. 
There is a BIG first-party game coming out and it is perfectly normal to do that... Esp. when it goes away after one click, they did the same for other AAA games this year and I do not understand why people are offended or making a big deal out of it. 

It needs to stay in the store, or it can be on the ad tile but I do not want any intrusive ad popping up on my console when I did not opt in for it.  You guys maybe are ok with it but I only see it getting worse.  First we have the ad tile within the console, now we have whole sections dedicated to ads in the menu, now we have full screen ads popping up.  Just how much you going to accept because you can be sure, MS will continue to turn your menu into a complete ad if you allow them to.  Its intrusive to the console experience and it will continue to get worse.

Machiavellian said:
Imaginedvl said:

This is a single popup that goes away with a single click?

I mean come on now, the over-reaction of people over something like that is simply ridiculous. Like you said, people are getting ads EVERYWHERE, ALL DAY. 
There is a BIG first-party game coming out and it is perfectly normal to do that... Esp. when it goes away after one click, they did the same for other AAA games this year and I do not understand why people are offended or making a big deal out of it. 

It needs to stay in the store, or it can be on the ad tile but I do not want any intrusive ad popping up on my console when I did not opt in for it.  You guys maybe are ok with it but I only see it getting worse.  First we have the ad tile within the console, now we have whole sections dedicated to ads in the menu, now we have full screen ads popping up.  Just how much you going to accept because you can be sure, MS will continue to turn your menu into a complete ad if you allow them to.  Its intrusive to the console experience and it will continue to get worse.

I don't know man :) I actually really like seeing those popups for the big AAA coming out. For real; got me excited for Starfield, Forza, and now COD:MW3.
And I simply do not believe this will lead to a lot of ads everywhere etc. The dashboard is very well balanced for me and having a bit of ads here and there is fine by me. 

Why is the only review so far for MW3 from IGN and it's a 4/10? Did they break embargo or something? Also, 4/10 seems shockingly low, I know it was an expansion that was turned into a full game and given just 2 years of dev time as a result, and it's also by Sledgehammer, the worst of the 3 main CoD studios, but it can't actually be 4/10 rough can it? I was thinking it would get like a low 70 something average, because it at least gives people the very popular MW2 (2009) maps remade with modern graphics.