By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I'm guessing Phil is in town. 

Around the Network
gtotheunit91 said:

I'm guessing Phil is in town. 

He said he weas doing the rounds at King and Blizzard these coming weeks.

Live Fire with a snowy aesthetic for Winter Contingency? I like it! The BR model though, not so much lol

Which one of these two lovely ladies do we think is going to end up head of ABK after Kotick leaves in December? Could be Ybarra I suppose, or even one of the other ABK executives, but I get the feeling it will be one of these two, most of the other ABK execs aside from Lulu were there for too long during the toxic years to be trusted to see an end to the toxicity at ABK, whereas Lulu has only been there a year and has already established herself as the public face of ABK throughout the acquisition process. I'm thinking it goes to Lulu, Sarah is already next in line to succeed Phil Spencer as head of Xbox, being put in charge of just ABK would almost be a demotion for her. 

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 24 October 2023

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

Which one of these two lovely ladies do we think is going to end up head of ABK after Kotick leaves in December? Could be Ybarra I suppose, or even one of the other ABK executives, but I get the feeling it will be one of these two, most of the other ABK execs aside from Lulu were there for too long during the toxic years to be trusted to see an end to the toxicity at ABK, whereas Lulu has only been there a year and has already established herself as the public face of ABK throughout the acquisition process. I'm thinking it goes to Lulu, Sarah is already next in line to succeed Phil Spencer as head of Xbox, being put in charge of just ABK would almost be a demotion for her. 

I think they are going to promote someone from ABK. Outside of workerss rights and sexual harassment, the company's earnings have been pretty good the last several years so I'd expect they would want someone internally who can continue Koticks work.

It won't be Lulu, I've said it before and no offence to her or others in her position but they aren't putting what is essentially a PR person as Head of ABK...It'd be like promoting Aaron Greenberg to CEO of Microsoft Gaming, Lol. Again, no disrespect to those job positions but they simply don't have the experience, it isn't their field of expertise, etc.

I still think it shouldn't be anyone but if it will be someone, I think it's most likely that Ybarra is promoted (not without his own issues lately though). I like Sarah where she is and she's clearly shadowing Phil in everything he does and being groomed as the next CEO of Microsoft Gaming so if she's placed in ABK, whilst it would be interesting to see, she would probably be far too busy to follow Phil around anymore, Lol.

Interesting. Jez notes in the article that there was no Activision branding whatsoever at this event. I wonder if the overarching ABK company may be done away with in the end. 

gtotheunit91 said:

Interesting. Jez notes in the article that there was no Activision branding whatsoever at this event. I wonder if the overarching ABK company may be done away with in the end. 

Dissolve that shit! Dump the ABK executives!

Microsoft Gaming Leadership Team Supremacy!

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 24 October 2023

Basically all you need to do is add to that team.

Rob Kostich - CVP, Activision
Mike Ybarra - CVP, Blizzard