By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forza Motorsport looks so damn good. The game has some insane lighting and reflections especially in cockpit view. Performance w/RT is the ideal way to play.

Around the Network
smroadkill15 said:
shikamaru317 said:

It was definitely quite rough on release back in May. Dated graphics, lots of bugs including bugs that made enemies invulnerable to damage, poor AI, poor gunplay, empty open world largely devoid of enemies to fight or loot to find, skill trees were pretty lackluster compared to other looter shooters like Borderlands (lacking in skills that fundamentally changed how each character plays, it was mostly just stat based upgrades), critics complained about the hand drawn cutscenes being lackluster for a AAA game, etc. Based on the patch notes they have improved alot of that, though there does still seem to be a long way to go to turn it into at least an 8/10 game. No idea how long they plan to stick with it and keep working on patches and improvements, but presumably they will keep working on it at least until the 2 DLC playable characters they sold people as part of the Bite Back upgrade are released, so I'm guessing they will spend at least another 6 months working on the game before they finally drop it and move the devs who are fixing Redfall over to Arkane Austin's next game, which has already begun development with a partial team. Hopefully after another 6 months or so of fixes they will be able to get it up to 8/10 quality.

I'm waiting for the next big update and some slow game releases before I try it again. Too many great games to play right now to waste time on something that needs more fixes. I am happy they aren't giving up on it yet.  

Not to mention, the DLC characters that were tied to the premium edition of the game. 

Machiavellian said:
Ryuu96 said:

It still feels weird to say, I haven't yet wrapped my head around it, that Microsoft owns COD, I see "COD is best selling on Steam" and I'm like "COD is best selling on Steam" then I remember, Xbox owns COD now, then I think, Modern Warfare 3 will be an Xbox 1st party, COD is in Xbox's 1st party line-up for 2023, Lol. It's just a weird turn of events

Would be cool if MS could rotate all those studios that only work on COD to also work on Halo as well.  There is no doubt that ABK have a lot of season senior talent and if COD goes on a 2 year cycle, that will free up at least a studio or 2 to do either something new or help out with existing IP like Gears and Halo.  It will be interesting to see how Phil work with the resources within ABK going forward.

There's an interesting thing about that, Hoeg believes that the wording in the Ubisoft agreement can be twisted into saying that anything an Activision studio works on (such as Halo) would therefore be an "Activision title" and allow Ubisoft to claim it, Idas believes this not to be the case though, I suppose it's how you interpret the contract and different lawyers will interpret it in different ways.

Anyway, I don't think ABK will change drastically, COD needs even more staff than ever, so they'll be new studios opened for COD. Could get Toys for Bob off COD by opening more Infinity Ward studios and such around the world. They definitely won't move them to help on the far less popular Halo and Gears though, I don't think they even need to, Gears is fine and Halo appears to have fixed their content pipeline issue now.

But CA should be acquired and made into a full-time support studio for 343i in addition to working on original IP.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 17 October 2023

Hoeg also doesn't buy that Microsoft is waiting for the FTC drama to blow over before adding ABK titles to Game Pass, he says it would be the opposite and Xbox would want to integrate Activision-Blizzard ASAP because courts are less inclined to demand a company divest if it has already done significant integration

I'm assuming because of how much of a mess it would therefore be to split the companies, it would be bad for everyone, it would hurt Microsoft, Activision-Blizzard, it would be a massive headache for the courts, it'd harm consumers, etc. So it's in Microsoft's best interest to integrate ASAP to convince the courts further to tell FTC to take a hike.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 17 October 2023

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

Hoeg also doesn't buy that Microsoft is waiting for the FTC drama to blow over before adding ABK titles to Game Pass, he says it would be the opposite and Xbox would want to integrate Activision-Blizzard ASAP because courts are less inclined to demand a company divest if it has already done significant integration (I'm assuming because of how much of a mess it would therefore be to split the companies, it would be bad for everyone).

That would make sense then that Kotick's contract will expire at the end of the year rather than April 2024. MS wants the integration to be completed ASAP. Because IIRC, the FTCs hearing before the appeals court happens in early December. 

gtotheunit91 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Hoeg also doesn't buy that Microsoft is waiting for the FTC drama to blow over before adding ABK titles to Game Pass, he says it would be the opposite and Xbox would want to integrate Activision-Blizzard ASAP because courts are less inclined to demand a company divest if it has already done significant integration (I'm assuming because of how much of a mess it would therefore be to split the companies, it would be bad for everyone).

That would make sense then that Kotick's contract will expire at the end of the year rather than April 2024. MS wants the integration to be completed ASAP. Because IIRC, the FTCs hearing before the appeals court happens in early December. 

Yeah it could be another factor to Kotick's early contract expiration, Microsoft wants him out ASAP so integration is complete, ABK has lost its CEO, if we divest now then ABK will be rudderless kind of thing. Bobby is leaving by the end of the year and FTC's hearing will be by the end of the year and the hearing is only to appeal the decision, not to block the deal, that'll only come after if they successfully appeal the decision, Lol.

Also quicker integration could prove that there's no immediate SLC which is something FTC has to prove.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.