By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Ryuu96 said:
EpicRandy said:

I wonder who will replace Kottick and I can't think of a better fit than Sarah Bond, but she's probably too valued in Xbox leadership team.

I really don't get the logic in replacing Bobby at all. Split Activision and Blizzard apart, they're big boys who can manage themselves. What is the point in having someone being paid a ridiculous amount of money only to report to Phil after receiving reports from Mike and Rob, instead of just having Mike and Rob report directly to Phil.

Would love to see Sarah Bond as Co-CEO of Microsoft Gaming though

Microsoft Gaming is certainly big enough now to where have 2 CEOs makes a lot of sense! 

Around the Network
gtotheunit91 said:
Ryuu96 said:

I really don't get the logic in replacing Bobby at all. Split Activision and Blizzard apart, they're big boys who can manage themselves. What is the point in having someone being paid a ridiculous amount of money only to report to Phil after receiving reports from Mike and Rob, instead of just having Mike and Rob report directly to Phil.

Microsoft Gaming is certainly big enough now to where have 2 CEOs makes a lot of sense! 

Activision, Blizzard and King can report to Phil.

Xbox Game Studios and Zenimax can report to Sarah.

Yeah, they're big now and a number of companies have co-CEOs now.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 13 October 2023

Ryuu96 said:
gtotheunit91 said:

Naw you were right in your first post.  There is no need to replace ABK and there is no need to have 2 head of MS gaming either.  Each individual top level exec for ABK will now report to Phil which is still small compared to the amount of C level execs that report to him.  Phil does not run day to day stuff, he just oversees direction on what each studio should concentrate on and its the heads of those division to put those decisions into action.  Sarah needs to continue doing what she is doing because her ability to build relationships is her strength.

Ryuu96 said:
BasilZero said:

Who makes these again?

Klobrille (@klobrille) / X (twitter.com)

Thanks! Following them now.

That is some nice detail they have.

Ryuu96 said:
EpicRandy said:

I wonder who will replace Kottick and I can't think of a better fit than Sarah Bond, but she's probably too valued in Xbox leadership team.

I get the feeling that ABK will keep operating separately just like Zenimax is now, while the role may seem redundant with the need to report to Spencer, the role as the head of ABK probably requires a person 100% dedicated to it as there are only so many hours in a week and I don't think managing close to 50 studios can rely on a single person that would be less than 1hours/week lol. Xbox may give overarching directives but there still is the need for someone to make the day-to-day decision autonomously and with confidence from Xbox.

But you have a point maybe ABK will be dissolved in A B And K and have their respective leader take that role, however, Given ABK controversy over the past few years I see value in appointing someone like Sarah if only in a transition period to put those to rest and protect/enhance assets value.

Around the Network
Machiavellian said:
Ryuu96 said:

Naw you were right in your first post.  There is no need to replace ABK and there is no need to have 2 head of MS gaming either.  Each individual top level exec for ABK will now report to Phil which is still small compared to the amount of C level execs that report to him.  Phil does not run day to day stuff, he just oversees direction on what each studio should concentrate on and its the heads of those division to put those decisions into action.  Sarah needs to continue doing what she is doing because her ability to build relationships is her strength.

There's no need, yeah.

I hope she likes that role, I want her recognised more for her achievements but I don't want Phil to leave She deserves the CEO role (one day) but I also don't want Phil to leave, Lol. She may have been partly responsible for the closure of this acquisition which basically guarantees she's the next CEO but I don't want it to happen too soon but I also don't want her to leave because someone else offers her a leadership role elsewhere.

They can start by splitting King from the structure, isn't even a PC/Console developer and as far as I'm aware, absolutely zero cultural issues were reported from King. If they ever do split the structure then it would be worthwhile putting in a temporary CEO, I suppose, to oversee it and slowly do it, go through each studio and make sure issues are weeded out first.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 13 October 2023

Embracer group hurting; Xbox should help out and do some purchasing.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

WORLD CUP TIME!! WOOOOO HCS HYPE

Predictions

1. Optic - Formal cements himself as an FPS legend 

2. SSG - most consistent team in the league

3. FaZe - Honestly any of these top 3 teams can take it but FaZe hasn't been playing to their full potential

4. Sentinels - Love you lethul

5/6. Native Red - They seem to also sneak up in the league, last year placed 3rd but comp is diffy this time around

5/6. Quadrant - Best EU team after eUnited (RIP)