By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Around the Network

I also bought High on life DLC.

Heads up normally, HIgh on life + DLC is 39.99/ DLC only 13.99 but they have a temporary gamepass bundle for 15.99 for the full game + dlc.

Bought the 15.99 one

Also surprised no one mentioned the 'Just for you' section in the store.

Like a month ago I saw the 'Just for you' section with games as FC6 for 6.99 and AC Valhalla for 8.99 and I thought this must be a thing if you bought the Ubisoft subscription....

But no, it seems to be games literaly 'Just for you' because others seem to get other deals. 

For example this week I have the Borderlands Pandora Box for 25.99 and stupid Madden for 39.99 while others also got the High on life DLC for 7.99 on it...

Edit:  Seems the Just for you section was available in other regions for months:

Forgot Towerborne, Smh.

Add on Goldeneye HD, Age of Empires II and IV for Xbox and Quake II HD.

Honestly if Redfall wasn't such a dud then people would be talking about how this was an incredible year for Xbox.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 07 October 2023

Around the Network

Linear Gears  for me I don't think the open hubs in Gears 5 were bad but they didn't really offer any benefit over a more linear style infact I don't think many games benefit from going open world it's just used as a marketing buzzword and always spoken of as a positive thing.

Linear Gears for sure. I thought open world on 5 was awful, pointless and ruined co-op. Worst campaign but they eventually made multiplayer outstanding. I'd still play it more if Halo Infinite wasn't so damn good.

Just downloaded Redfall and I'll give it a go if I don't end up playing more Starfield. I just started NG+ and I'm still finding new quests and actually a new settlement I completely missed on first playthrough, New Homestead.

TITLETIME PLAYED
The Elder Scrolls Online1105 hrs 35 mins
Minecraft943 hrs 58 mins
Halo: The Master Chief Collection533 hrs 1 min
Sea of Thieves234 hrs 48 mins
Starfield210 hrs 9 mins
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt204 hrs 51 mins

Playtime will likely slow down significantly now but I'll still be popping in and out of Starfield, I have quite a few quests still in my log, 3 of them are glitched though, Lol. I have to mine a rock which is stuck behind a boulder, I can't find the Colony Ship anymore and I can't speak to this dude to take him to the infirmary without the UC arresting him.

But those are just minor side-quests and I've done pretty much everything core, aside from Andreja's and Sam's companion quests which I'll eventually get round to, I'm also tempted to build a large colony home on one of the nicer planets and also customise my house, Lol. So it should overtake Sea of Thieves until private servers

So much stuff to do...

I'm expecting they'll be a large update next week and I hope it includes a change to how ship building works so I can change my ship some more without it tossing everything into my cargo hold, I have 3 achievements left and one of them is to evade a scanner with contraband which I'll likely have to do a save, do it and then revert back to that save because I don't want everything tossed into my cargo hold again just for adding shielded cargo.

Oh and then I need to grind to level 100 still, I'm about level 73 with no grinding, there really needs to be better XP earning methods.

Yeah s’pose it’s been a good year.

HFR - Shadow drop screwed my backlog plans lol, not my type of game but pretty damn enjoyable. Rank: Great.

Redfall - Not the worst game I’ve played this gen, was good enough to finish but chances of a replay? 0.1%. Rank: painfully average

Starfield: Thoroughly enjoyed it. The best writing Bethesda has put in a game with some truly amazing moments. Sadly the excessive amount of loading screens really slower an otherwise great game down. Rank: Good.

Have very high expectations for Hellblade 2 and Avowed looks great so far.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Ryuu96 said:

Forgot Towerborne, Smh.

Add on Goldeneye HD, Age of Empires II and IV for Xbox and Quake II HD.

Honestly if Redfall wasn't such a dud then people would be talking about how this was an incredible year for Xbox.

Yeah, XGS stands a good chance of a top 3 finish on Metacritic's Publisher rankings for 2023 I'd say. I think everything XGS released except for Minecraft Legends reviewed 80+, so they should average over 80 for the year I think. Bethesda won't perform quite as well on the rankings since Redfall was a 50 something on both PC and Xbox and Starfield got cheated by many critics, but they will still average over 75 for the year I think thanks to high 80's on HiFi, mid 80's on Starfield, 90 on Quake 2 Remastered PC and Xbox and 84 on PS5, and 82 on Ghostwire Xbox port. 

So yeah, with Xbox averaging over 80 on metacritic for the year, and Bethesda over 75 for the year, I'd say Xbox Game Studios has a shot at top 3 on the Publisher rankings, and Bethesda top 10. 

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 07 October 2023