By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Ryuu96 said:
Angelus said:

I still think the new Forza's biggest problem is the restrictive ass CARPG shit. The whole idea of leveling and growing with your car might sound fun for the first go around or whatever, but nobody wants to put hours and hours into every single fucking car before they're able to mod and tune it to their desired spec. That's gonna get annoying insanely quick, and I'm honestly baffled as to how they thought this was a good idea for a game aimed at racing/car enthusiasts.

Being lite on content at launch...ok, it's not great, obviously, but you can get over it. The CARPG shit is a fundamental design flaw that needs to be patched out ASAP, but that probably means overhauling your entire in-game economy, considering that car parts are bought with these points you earn driving any given car, instead of some regular currency or whatever. Honestly, I just don't understand how during the process of developing and testing the game, nobody stepped forward and said..."guys...this is insanely restrictive, and people aren't going to like it."

There's actually a few reviews who in the same review praise the progression system but say it's too grindy.

So they probably don't need to rip it out completely, just make it a lot more generous.

Respectfully, I don't really care what the reviewers say, cus most of them probably aren't going to play the game all that much past their review window for it. Sure, the system is probably not a big concern if you're putting limited time into the game, and maybe you're only really interested in driving like 5-10 cars or something. What about an actual racing/sim enthusiast who puts serious time into these games, and has specific ideas for setups in mind already for various cars because they've been playing these types of games their whole lives? What about a group of friends, each playing the game individually as they see fit, and then one of them says "hey, let's all build funky ass super tuned minivans or something and have a shootout," but oh wait...that person is the only one who's spend time leveling that type of car, so everybody can't actually just quickly assemble something and have that type of race. How many hours do you think is acceptable to make them spend before they can even get the car in the performance window that they wanna play around with? And how low can you tune that number of hours on Turn 10's end before the whole system loses it's intended function behind the design philosophy? 

I understand the idea for what Turn 10 wanted to do here, but the fact of the matter is that it's insanely restrictive, and frankly out of place in a game of this nature.

Around the Network
Angelus said:
Ryuu96 said:

There's actually a few reviews who in the same review praise the progression system but say it's too grindy.

So they probably don't need to rip it out completely, just make it a lot more generous.

Respectfully, I don't really care what the reviewers say, cus most of them probably aren't going to play the game all that much past their review window for it. Sure, the system is probably not a big concern if you're putting limited time into the game, and maybe you're only really interested in driving like 5-10 cars or something. What about an actual racing/sim enthusiast who puts serious time into these games, and has specific ideas for setups in mind already for various cars because they've been playing these types of games their whole lives? What about a group of friends, each playing the game individually as they see fit, and then one of them says "hey, let's all build funky ass super tuned minivans or something and have a shootout," but oh wait...that person is the only one who's spend time leveling that type of car, so everybody can't actually just quickly assemble something and have that type of race. How many hours do you think is acceptable to make them spend before they can even get the car in the performance window that they wanna play around with? And how low can you tune that number of hours on Turn 10's end before the whole system loses it's intended function behind the design philosophy? 

I understand the idea for what Turn 10 wanted to do here, but the fact of the matter is that it's insanely restrictive, and frankly out of place in a game of this nature.

I thought it was a response to some of the reviews 💀

There are a concerning number of Forza reviews that are consisting of “I’m not a car guy” and/or “I prefer Horizon”

It’s crazy to me that this games metacritic might be a half point higher if Forza Horizon didn’t exist

I’m any case, it sounds like the actually useful reviews of this game are going to have to wait a few more days/weeks

Ryuu96 said:
Angelus said:

I thought it was a response to some of the reviews 💀

Nah, just my 2 cents of what's been concerning me since they first started talking about the CARPG stuff.

aTokenYeti said:

There are a concerning number of Forza reviews that are consisting of “I’m not a car guy” and/or “I prefer Horizon”

It’s crazy to me that this games metacritic might be a half point higher if Forza Horizon didn’t exist

I’m any case, it sounds like the actually useful reviews of this game are going to have to wait a few more days/weeks

Yeah, I was just about to post this...Anyone who compares Motorsport to Horizon can have their opinion instantly disregarded. Just dumb as shit, they're two completely different games, it's like comparing Flight Simulator to Ace Combat. It's hilarious that Forza Horizon is hurting Motorsport's score...Go play Horizon if you want Horizon, Lol.

I don't like Motorsport anymore, I find it boring, I absolutely love Horizon, they couldn't be any different in the racing genre, I'll stick to Horizon, I won't play Motorsport, I wouldn't review Motorsport because I'm not a fan of sim racing anymore. If I want a game like Horizon, I will play Horizon! Because Motorsport will never be, nor is it meant to be, Horizon!

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 04 October 2023

Around the Network
KiigelHeart said:
Ryuu96 said:

The amount of content Infinite has now is crazy, all those maps, Lol.

They went from an occasional map to MAPS MAPS MAPS MAPS MAPS.

Forge really is the best.

And they're good maps with nice visuals as well!

Forge really has taken a massive step-up, 

Makes me laugh when people still moan "but they're Forge maps! It doesn't count!" These insufferable fuckers just want to moan no matter what, thankfully that group is nowadays a tiny minority and most are in love with Forge. The Forge maps are basically on par with developer made maps now in both looks and functionality.

Might as well make Forge their in-house tool!

Ryuu96 said:
aTokenYeti said:

There are a concerning number of Forza reviews that are consisting of “I’m not a car guyâ€Â and/or “I prefer Horizonâ€Â

Yeah, I was just about to post this...Anyone who compares Motorsport to Horizon can have their opinion instantly disregarded. Just dumb as shit, they're two completely different games, it's like comparing Flight Simulator to Ace Combat. It's hilarious that Forza Horizon is hurting Motorsport's score...Go play Horizon if you want Horizon, Lol.

I don't like Motorsport anymore, I find it boring, I absolutely love Horizon, they couldn't be any different in the racing genre, I'll stick to Horizon, I won't play Motorsport, I wouldn't review Motorsport because I'm not a fan of sim racing anymore. If I want a game like Horizon, I will play Horizon! Because Motorsport will never be, nor is it meant to be, Horizon!

After Horizon I thought I'd loose interest in Motorsport but they are really different gameplay loops in Horizon I just hold down RT drift every corner and bounce off barriers without a care and chill speeding around the open world and every track/route is different but when you get into a motorsport game and learn the tracks and how to tackle some of the toughest corners and sections it becomes very satisfying seeing the progress you make as you improve and it was actually GT Sport that brough my interest back to racing sims with the online mode I could sit there for hours trying to improve upon my qualifying laps and my time progress as I learnt the track and cars.

New Features Coming to Xbox App on PC!

We’re excited to share that, starting today, our Xbox Insider community will have access to test two new features that will allow you to find some of the best rated games by Metacritic.

First, we’re rolling out the option to sort games in your library by Metascore. This will be added to existing sorting options to give you another way to find your next game to play.

We’re also introducing a new channel that features a selection of games that have earned high Metacritic scores from critics. This includes diverse titles, such as critically acclaimed masterpieces, hidden gems, and fan favorites.

Note: Metacritic scores may not be visible on the channel when these features go live. An update will roll out soon.

These features will be available on the Xbox App on PC starting today and are designed to help you discover and enjoy more amazing games on Xbox. We are making these features available to Xbox Insiders for a limited time to collect feedback from the community to help shape the experience.

We hope you will try out these features and share your feedback with us. Thank you for being part of our Insider program and for your continuous support. Happy gaming!

New Features Coming to Xbox App on PC!

Nobody asked for this, Lol.

I'm in full agreement with the reply from Doncabesa.

Focus on features which actually improve the App instead of this.

Also it feels even more pointless on PC since people can just go to Meta site within 30 seconds.

I hope I never see this Meta shit cluttering my Console store in the future.

Completed Hello Neighbour 2, finally tried it and honestly it is fun, instead of one giant house the game story is divided by several small middle sized houses that are almost easy to complete (some parts were frustrating tho).

Easily to complete in 2-10 hours.

Only pity that like 80% of the game was cut because new CEO wanted to bring something into the market while the first one was still big on youtube.

Looking at the writing team so far.

• Thomas Beekers (Senior Narrative Designer on Wasteland 3) - Lead Narrative Designer
  • Connor T Clearly (Senior Writer at Gearbox, Narrative Designer at Telltale) - Senior Narrative Designer
  • Matt Wallace (Author, Focus on Sci-Fi/Fantasy) - Narrative Designer

Senior Writer on Wasteland 3, Nathan Long, looks to still be at InXile, I don't know if he's on Clockwork Revolution.

Actually Thomas profile doesn't say he's on Clockwork Revolution either, it just says InXile.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 04 October 2023