By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

That the game IGN says they’re giving a 9 too and will have “words” with anybody who doesn’t also do the same?

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Around the Network

Couldn't care less about Spiderman. I only played Miles Morales, but man, the fighting was stretched out and repetitive. I read this was the same in the original game. I'm not hyped at all to say the least.

I enjoyed Spider-Man 2018 (got it bundled with a PS4 slim that I bought to replace my PS4Pro) and Miles Morales (got the platinum for both) but from what I’ve seen of SM2 it’s just isn’t doing it for me. There’s a ton of great content out right now I’m not exactly starving.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

👀

Good.

This will help Series S.

Ryuu96 said:

👀

Good.

This will help Series S.

Yep, this is great news!

Around the Network
Machiavellian said:
shikamaru317 said:

Sure, from a business perspective I'm sure he was seen as a success by the Sony executives and board of directors. Playstation continued to perform well and even grow during a global pandemic afterall. I do think it's a pretty damning indictment to his image though just how many Sony gamers dislike him. While the suits may remember Ryan fondly, I see quite alot of actual gamers, even PS only gamers, that are rejoicing at his stepping down. They hated how strongly he focused on GaaS games, they hated how he closed down 3 studios after taking over, they hated how he shat on the idea of PS1, PS2, and PS3 being added to PS5 back compat and ridiculed the concept of BC. I think ultimately he may be remembered as either the the worst or 2nd worst Playstation head by most gamers, hard to say how is image will end up compared to Jack Tretton's in the end.

I disagree, on the net as always people who have something to grip about are the ones that well grip you will hear the most. You are prone to see more negative comments then positive on the net than anything else.  I also do not get this focus on GAAS games as Sony continue to pump out the same games that have made them successful but on that same point, if all you do is the same type of games all the time, you miss another segment of your customer base that want something else.  All Sony acquisition have been very strategic in the sense they all mesh very well with what the company has done best as well as build for the future. 

The Bungie acquisition to me is a very smart move.  It gives them expertise in an area they lack and also put them in a position to bring out a GAAS game that actually does not blow up on arrival like Hyena for CA.  People do not hate GAAS games because GAAS games are huge.  Just because you hear grumbling from the people who do not play those games which would be myself included, does not mean its not a viable segement of gaming.

This is the difference when listening to gamers who have no real clue about running a company compared to understanding how the market works and how to position your company for success.  It does not matter if gamers did not like how he closed down those studios, there were probably a lot of reason for the closures that we have no clue about just like how MS closed down Lionhead.  What we see on the surface is only just the tip of the iceberg and we rarely see all the decisions that lead up to such a situation.  Like I said, under Jim Ryan, PS has run not only smoothy but has exceeded all metrics each year.  With stiff competition from MS which have bigger pockets and Nintendo who just knows how to care out their own space, the fact that Sony continue to not only do great but improve their position on all fronts cannot be ignored.  That is hard to do as you only have to look at MS to understand even when you have a great team and you work hard with big pockets, shit can happen to derail all your efforts.  So I highly doubt Sony or Jim care if gamers consider him 2nd worse PS head because I am sure in the business world where it really counts, he will definitely not be considered as such.

My brother in Christ.. between God of War and SM2 there is an almost one year gap, and we don't even know the release date for the next big 1st party single player game from Sony after that. If that is your idea of "continues pumping out" well, I don't even know what to say..

Has Halo infinite recovered?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RONApYbCjXM

From the Act Man :).

Guess 18th October can't come soon enough

Ryuu96 said:

Spencer was quick to respond in just over an hour to offer up his thoughts on Stadia and confirm that Microsoft is working on an Azure solution for streaming native PC games from the cloud.

“Google has the ability to reuse their Linux cloud hardware and yes as we stream PC native games from an Azure GPU SKU we would have more re-use scenarios to recoup costs,” said Spencer, referring to the ability to offer a similar white-label cloud gaming service to developers and publishers.

“Phil is correct. Sarah [Bond] and I in partnership with Jason’s [Zander] team are driving a suitable Azure SKU... as part of a series that will serve the customer demand we see externally for IAAS and to run our xCloud PC streaming stack,” said Choudhry in the email chain. Part of the Azure SKU is redacted in the court document, but it’s clear Microsoft was working on streaming PC games over the cloud in July 2021.

But earlier this year, Microsoft dropped some more hints about PC games being available on Xbox Cloud Gaming. British mobile network EE signed a 10-year deal with Microsoft to bring Xbox PC games to EE customers, but EE doesn’t currently offer a streaming service. It’s possible EE is building out a service, but it’s more likely that Microsoft is closer with its Azure service to stream PC games. Microsoft has been openly testing mouse and keyboard support for Xbox Cloud Gaming — but only for Xbox console games so far.

Elsewhere in this specific internal email chain, Spencer also offers up his thoughts on Stadia in July 2021. “I honestly think Google is in the process of just trying to turn Stadia into a Google Cloud SKU and do away with their first party consumer service,” said Spencer. “Google is a massive and aggressive competitor but honestly I’ve been surprised by their lack of progress with Stadia. To date our #1 competitor here is really nVidia with GeForce Now. But we keep our eye on both Google and Amazon with Luna (also struggling).”

I hope this means what i was saying before that for MS games going forward thats also on PC they should use that version. Geforce Now is leagues ahead of Gamepass streaming in terms of quality and lag since its using PC hardware. Using PC hardware would also give Series S and X owners reason to use it if they had a good enough internet connection the game could look better than their hardware could produce using better Ray tracing and other effects etc.

Ryuu96 said:

Lmao.

I know i am looking at this from a later point of view. But looking at the Sony fans and some Nintendo fans that been saying shit about them leaks... Honestly just show them little chief.......