By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Sarah has been cemented as the next head of MS Gaming for a long time tbh

Around the Network

It's just crazy how they went from this deal being assured to FTC blocking it, CMA blocking it, the market basically believing the deal is dead but Microsoft not giving up (as many others would at this stage). Then baiting the FTC into finally suing them and taking them to court (which was a masterclass in tactics, leaking they could close over the UK even though they never would) then pummelling the FTC in court (shoutout to Beth Wilkinson) which then causes the CMA to instantly be like "oh we're talking with Microsoft!" practically the next day, then re-opening a 2nd investigation after blocking a deal (something never done before by the CMA?) to now the CMA being basically a done thing aside from formalities.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 22 September 2023

Idas made a pretty good point about how if the buying company (Microsoft) was even a little bit smaller in terms of resources at hand, this deal likely would have been scuttled months ago. A combination of extremely talented (and expensive) lawyers plus the resources to make extremely expensive alterations to their deal on the fly is the only reason this deal is going to go through, and just barely

I don’t think Microsoft shareholders are going to want to go through another 2 years of this bullshit for a division that is currently 4th in revenue for the company (will be third once the deal is completed). They are going to want to see some ROI first

Tbh I would bet that all of that still cost far less than the $3bn breakup fee.

Lul.

Shithead Kotick is there.

Around the Network

aTokenYeti said:

Idas made a pretty good point about how if the buying company (Microsoft) was even a little bit smaller in terms of resources at hand, this deal likely would have been scuttled months ago. A combination of extremely talented (and expensive) lawyers plus the resources to make extremely expensive alterations to their deal on the fly is the only reason this deal is going to go through, and just barely

I don’t think Microsoft shareholders are going to want to go through another 2 years of this bullshit for a division that is currently 4th in revenue for the company (will be third once the deal is completed). They are going to want to see some ROI first

Well then I have great new for the board. You already bought the most expensive publisher so...only smaller fish in the sea lol

So tired of running to the lodge to store my stuff, planned to make an outpost and store all my stuff......What's up with the 150 MASS storages?

konnichiwa said:

So tired of running to the lodge to store my stuff, planned to make an outpost and store all my stuff......What's up with the 150 MASS storages?

What's the storage space on your ship? Why not add more cargo space to that?

Think I have a 4,000ish cargo space ship now and haven't had to really think about storing my stuff for a long time now

And I don't even have an outpost for storage or use the lodge storage, ship is the only thing I need.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 22 September 2023

Give your ship 20k storage and you’ll be fine.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition