By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Ryuu96 said:

Here comes the closures and sell offs.

If they got a good lineup MS should give them the gamepass deal sega is getting. Could keep them afloat for a bit.

Around the Network

Hmm.

My idea, Microsoft forming a "deal" with Embracer to use their studios as support studios for some of their games maybe? They're already doing it with Crystal Dynamics + Perfect Dark and Eidos + Fable so extend that partnership maybe to other studios? If Embracer is this desperate then it opens up a wealth of support studios for Xbox.

This is something they could do to keep some studios stable whilst still working out the ABK deal.

Yeah, a Game Pass deal works but I don't think Microsoft would want one for the whole of Embracer. Whatever deal Sega is getting might be beneficial to both parties here though in a certain capacity. They could also look through Embracer's portfolio and publish some titles for them but Xbox wants to own IPs now.

This is such a fucking mess, I doubt Microsoft would want to be locked long-term with Embracer.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 21 September 2023

As long as Microsoft keeps Eidos and Crystal Dynamics safe...I think CD is split between Tomb Raider and Perfect Dark (and nothing else?) and both of those are published by major companies (Amazon and Microsoft). Eidos though has multiple projects and self-published (aside from Fable assistance), a Game Pass deal for Deus Ex, maybe?

I hate to see anyone lose their jobs but please keep Dambuster and 4A Games safe...If Embracer fucks 4A Games then I'll be pissed. I also think they'd be the most at risk of the 4 that I have spoken about.

I think Crystal Dynamics would be safe, I can't work out in my mind how it would make any sense at all to sell Crystal Dynamics when two of the biggest companies on the planet are funding them. I think Eidos is in far more danger than Crystal Dynamics if they're self-publishing Deus Ex.

With the great Sega relationship, Microsoft should send some money Sega's way to help fund a remake of Skies of Arcadia. I've been waiting for that game to return for way too long.

Around the Network

Never thought I'd see the day but Sea of Thieves is adding private servers.

I am unsure how the current fanbase will react to this, I've always seen fighting over whether Sea of Thieves should add private servers or not, over the concern that private servers would kill the main servers population and thus kill the fun of the PVP and random encounters of finding other players. 

Might actually make me play the game again though, Lol.

Then, for players who aren’t looking to get into scraps with other crews, we’ll be opening the way to Safer Seas. An entirely new Sea of Thieves game mode, Safer Seas will let players sail either alone or with a chosen crew of friends within their own private game session! So if you’ve got Tall Tales to complete or fish to catch, or if you simply need to spend time finding your sea legs without interruption, Safer Seas has you covered.

Be aware that it has its limits, though: the reduced risk means reduced rewards, and you won’t be able to explore the full breadth of Sea of Thieves’ offerings while sailing Safer Seas. The more competitive features and advanced aims of the game will remain exclusive to the classic shared-world game mode that we’ll continue to update, which will then be known as High Seas.

Haha, I'm fine with everything else but.

That cap is ouch, Lmao.

30%, It'll be like I'm a real pirate at those rates

Ryuu96 said:

Hmm.

My idea, Microsoft forming a "deal" with Embracer to use their studios as support studios for some of their games maybe? They're already doing it with Crystal Dynamics + Perfect Dark and Eidos + Fable so extend that partnership maybe to other studios? If Embracer is this desperate then it opens up a wealth of support studios for Xbox.

This is something they could do to keep some studios stable whilst still working out the ABK deal.

Not a bad Idea but an expensive one. Maybe Embracer is craving enough for that kind of deal that it may offer some advantageous contracts with smaller profit margins while they gets a hold of themselves.