3. Contraband (Avalanche Studios)
4. Untitled (Kojima Productions)
5. Untitled (People Can Fly)
6. Flight Simulator 2024 (Asobo)

Rumoured

7. Project Shaolin (Brass Lion)
8. Project Suerte (Certain Affinity)
9. Project Dragon (IO Interactive)

Although, I wouldn't be surprised if Jez was wrong about Certain Affinity and IO Interactive. I find it a bit unlikely that Certain Affinity is working on Halo Tatanka (which has expanded from just a Battle Royale), Halo Infinite support, an original AAA IP and a Monster Hunter-like AAA IP. Project Dragon is 50/50 because I see no reason why Microsoft wouldn't have attached their name to it when IO announced the hiring for it.

They need way more AAA games IMO, it's cool to see that they have grown a lot in staff but they should have had more games in the oven since Xbox got their funding back in 2018. Also Grubb confirmed Project Suerte too so it has credibility.

Around the Network
EspadaGrim said:
Ryuu96 said:

Confirmed

1. Ara: History Untold (Oxide Games)
2. Towerborne (Stoic Studio)
3. Contraband (Avalanche Studios)
4. Untitled (Kojima Productions)
5. Untitled (People Can Fly)
6. Flight Simulator 2024 (Asobo)

Rumoured

7. Project Shaolin (Brass Lion)
8. Project Suerte (Certain Affinity)
9. Project Dragon (IO Interactive)

Although, I wouldn't be surprised if Jez was wrong about Certain Affinity and IO Interactive. I find it a bit unlikely that Certain Affinity is working on Halo Tatanka (which has expanded from just a Battle Royale), Halo Infinite support, an original AAA IP and a Monster Hunter-like AAA IP. Project Dragon is 50/50 because I see no reason why Microsoft wouldn't have attached their name to it when IO announced the hiring for it.

They need way more AAA games IMO, it's cool to see that they have grown a lot in staff but they should have had more games in the oven since Xbox got their funding back in 2018. Also Grubb confirmed Project Suerte too so it has credibility.

I disagree. It's much smarter to invest in a lot of smaller and mid ranger titles for these kinds of deals with outside studios, and use the vast majority of your funds building up what is now a very sizeable first party studio group. 

Oh lol what a bug I’ve got, the game keeps putting my body mass size back to the middle instead of thin … I’ll call this the Neil Druckman bug.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Spade said:
Ryuu96 said:

^ How you know Xbox fixed their physical copies issue.

Where's Deathloop, Hi-Fi, and Ghostwire? I'll wait.

Lol. That's a separate issue. I was talking about the other issue which was that Microsoft had a minimum print order required for studios to be able to make physical copies, I believe it used to be 10k. They lowered it earlier this year or late last year, I can't remember exactly but since then we've seen a lot more indie titles receiving physical Xbox copies via Limited Run.

The issue you're talking about is simply that Xbox and Zenimax don't care enough about making physical copies for some of their titles, Lol.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 16 September 2023

Ryuu96 said:

Lol. That's a separate issue. I was talking about the other issue which was that Microsoft had a minimum print order required for studios to be able to make physical copies, I believe it used to be 10k. They lowered it earlier this year or late last year, I can't remember exactly but since then we've seen a lot more indie titles receiving physical Xbox copies via Limited Run.

The issue you're talking about is simply that Xbox and Zenimax don't care enough about making physical copies for some of their titles, Lol.

There is also an issue with games that get constantly update as a service. Games of these types don't quite make sense to release physically, but unfortunately in Microsoft's case it's quite the opposite. Finished small single player projects is what's missing

Around the Network
Angelus said:
EspadaGrim said:

I disagree. It's much smarter to invest in a lot of smaller and mid ranger titles for these kinds of deals with outside studios, and use the vast majority of your funds building up what is now a very sizeable first party studio group. 

First party will always have a separate allocated budget, And I agree that it would be smart for MS to go out there and fund as many Indie/Mid sized titles as possible for Gamepass but they haven't done that either. They seem to be more comfortable giving out Day One GP deals while some also debut as timed console exclusives. Who knows maybe they see that strat as more cheaper and beneficial. 

Ryuu96 said:

TGS HYPE