By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Around the Network

Lol at Gamespot just tweeting a spoiler out for Starfield.

Unfollowed.

Least now I won't see the same f*cking articles tweeted 100 times a week.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 09 September 2023

Yeah, it's hard to be particularly excited about either Dragon Age 4 or Mass Effect 4. Both were announced way too early, with DA4 being announced 6 years before it's likely Holiday 2024 release date, and Mass Effect 4 seemingly being announced more like 8-9 years before it's release date (if it releases at all). There was massive turnover at Bioware during DA4's development, with longtime series veterans like Mike Laidlaw, Mark Darrah, and Matthew Goldman all leaving over the course of it's development, and the current build of the game going through 3 different directors over it's 5 years of development so far, though Darrah did at least return to Bioware to act as a consultant on DA4 earlier this year. Bioware Austin was forced to drop SWTOR development to come work on Dragon Age 4 and Mass Effect 4 which reportedly made many at the studio angry, not a good recipe for success, having bitter developers working on your game. Then we had the recent 50 person layoffs at Bioware. 

We did hear that they decided to remove all GaaS elements from DA4 and make it a singleplayer game at least, after EA saw the success of Jedi Fallen Order, but at the same time, we've also seen in job listings that DA4 is likely open world with linear dungeons, which didn't really work for DA:I because Bioware just doesn't know how to make a good open world.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 09 September 2023

Ryuu96 said:

Honestly I don't want them to set a date for Stalker 2, they're going through too much emotionally and physically, I don't want them to pressure themselves to hit a date, it will be ready when it's ready. Just take your time and I'll be happy to wait.

Yeah i think i'll do a save during the endgame so i can play around with NG+

Around the Network

@Spade 

Fuck...I really regret not doing this now that someone pointed it out.

Using companions for specific factions, like Sarah for United Colonies, Barret for Crimson Alliance, Andreja for Ryujin and Sam for Freestar.

Didn't think about their individual dialogues, I used Sarah for UC and Freestar. Vasco for CA.

Wonder if they have more unique dialogue for things suited to them.

Now I also want to do all of them but with Adoring Fan, Lmao.

Ryuu96 said:

Fuck...I really regret not doing this now that someone pointed it out.

Using companions for specific factions, like Sarah for United Colonies, Barret for Crimson Alliance, Andreja for Ryujin and Sam for Freestar.

Didn't think about their individual dialogues, I used Sarah for UC and Freestar. Vasco for CA.

Wonder if they have more unique dialogue for things suited to them.

Now I also want to do all of them but with Adoring Fan, Lmao.

That's actually a really good idea. I'm not more than halfway on any of the faction storylines and haven't even started Crimson Alliance, so maybe now that I have maxed Sam's affection I will do that. 

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 09 September 2023