By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
gtotheunit91 said:

Next summer showcase!

Next year, Xbox is practically going to be the spiritual successor of E3 with Xbox Game Studios, Bethesda Softworks and Activision-Blizzard, Lol.

Around the Network

I wonder if there's a Doom easter egg somewhere on Mars.

Ryuu96 said:

That would be nice, I also hope there may be other easter eggs related to popular Science fiction movies such as The Martian or Alien, etc....

I soon as I can I'll try to see if I can somehow use this map in Starfield to try locate something :

EpicRandy said:
Ryuu96 said:

That would be nice, I also hope there may be other easter eggs related to popular Science fiction movies such as The Martian or Alien, etc....

I soon as I can I'll try to see if I can somehow use this map in Starfield to try locate something :

At least we know that if there isn't, there damn well will be a mod for it eventually lol

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

I've seen this thrown around by many and I'm starting to fully agree with it, Starfield is like a modern day evolution of Mass Effect 1, it's at least a way better comparison than fucking No Mans Sky, Everspace, Elite Dangerous, etc. Lol. Starfield feels very much like Bethesda's typical sandbox blended with Mass Effect 1, before Mass Effect went all pew-pew Hollywood (I still loved Mass Effect 2/3 but they were very different in tone).

The sense of exploration, humanities beginning steps into the stars, the sense of wonder and mystery, the uneasy but beautiful feeling of navigating the stars, exploring planets. They're close enough on a technological level as well, the only thing Starfield misses is the intelligent alien life co-existing with humanity but it very much matches the same tone/vibes of Mass Effect 1 for me.

I cannot fathom how anyone can give this less than an 8, but hey, everyone has an opinion.

I think some of the complaints are a clash of perspectives too, I think space is one of the most beautiful, scary, mysterious things and I'm fascinated by it. There are others who will be like "what's the point in exploring the stars?! It's just a bunch of dead planets! They do nothing! Space is boring!" and I cannot see things from that perspective at all.

Eh honestly I see the NMS comparisons. You can basically do a lot of the stuff in NMS here outpost building, looting resources, cargo hauling, fighting alien creatures, upgrading your ship, space battles etc. These games just to the space exploration and landing bits much better because Bethesda went for more of a realistic approach like it takes hours to fly to a planet and explore one fully. These games are doing a lot of the same things but the major difference is how Bethesda handled the fast travel and loading screens and there's a meaty single-player campaign and side quests.

Righteous!

I really need to try to figure out the ship builder, I tried to use it once but only saw a way to move around and duplicate the parts that were already on my ship, didn't see how to add new ones from a list or anything like that.

Man, Bethesda should have got Zenimax Online to do the item placing and stuff, it's so tedious placing items and figuring out how to turn them in certain directions, I don't even know how to push an item away to bring it closer when I'm holding it, Idk if you can. For some reason, I think it was cause I swapped home ships, everything in my main ship was put into cargo, including all the random clutter around the ship, now it's empty as hell and I have to put all the items back, Lol.