By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Around the Network

I'm pretty sure AoE DE is going to be straight up discontinued at some point soon. 

Yea the leveling isn’t that great. I felt like I was leveling up pretty good doing the main quest but with the side content it’s very slow.

My only complaint so far are the amount of loading screens there are. Granted they're only like 2 seconds in length, but they're just so frequent it's hard to not get somewhat annoyed.

jason1637 said:

Yea the leveling isn’t that great. I felt like I was leveling up pretty good doing the main quest but with the side content it’s very slow.

Yeah, I've gotten as little as 100 XP for completing side quests, meanwhile I can get 10 XP or more just farming creatures during planet exploration, the amount of XP on side quests just isn't equivalent to the time investment of doing them.

Around the Network

After years of just lurking and not posting on this website, I just came here to say that I'm so excited to play Starfield. Was able to play a bit yesterday (really only got through the character creation LOL ) and hoping to be able to play tonight when the kids are in bed!

Also, that IGN review was a joke IMO. A much better, more thoughtful review came from ACG on YouTube.

Drakrami said:
TheLegendaryBigBoss said:

88 is an outstanding score, sure there are a couple outliers that brings the score below 90 but it seems like we are going to have a great time with the game.

I am sure you will have a great time with the game. But IGN's pretty on the mark with their reviews. If they and gamespot gives it a 7, there's something wrong with the game. 

For you to put them two names together with that sentence means for me to never take your opinion serious on this site again.

You own a system to play this game i hope?.. Or are you just entering Xbox threads with no interest and repeating stuff you read from IGN??, i mean this has to be sarcasm right?

yo_john117 said:

After years of just lurking and not posting on this website, I just came here to say that I'm so excited to play Starfield. Was able to play a bit yesterday (really only got through the character creation LOL ) and hoping to be able to play tonight when the kids are in bed!

Also, that IGN review was a joke IMO. A much better, more thoughtful review came from ACG on YouTube.

Damn. Welcome Back!

Temporarily?

Man, Starfield is consuming me already, I'm just playing hours non-stop and there's so much stuff to do, I'm 14 hours in already, I think level 11 and I've not even done the 2nd main story quest yet, Lol. I've done a bunch of extra content stuff cause I keep getting distracted, I've not tried to do Outpost building or Ship Building yet.

Not really sure where this "slow start" comes from, it took less than 3 hours to reach New Atlantis, the main city in the game, from there I could do pretty much whatever, I've not done the 2nd main story quest but I've joined Freestar and started their questline (visited Akila), joined the UC Vanguard's and started their questline, fully explored a planet, did a bunch of bounty hunting quests, and other side quests, etc.

Is the slow start because my character isn't a God with skills out his ass yet? Lol. I don't get it.

Red Red Redemption 2 felt FAR slower than this. Also those first 14 hours flew by for me.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 01 September 2023

Shaunodon said:
pikashoe said:

I thought ign was always seen as a joke in the industry and gamespot not much better.

Pretty much all 'professional' review outlets are seen as a joke these days. The one I usually give more grace above the others is Destructoid, only because they more often than not align with my judgement on games. And I do mean 'objective judgement', since I'm one of the few people here that still believe objectivity isn't that difficult to seperate from personal taste and bias, but I guess it's much easier to promote the 'everything is how you choose to see it' belief, rather than acknowledge your flawed opinions/purchase decisions and/or blatant agenda.

I was going avoid everything Starfield related for a bit, but I didn't realise the early access time was actually 12 midday here (not midnight), so having to wait for the physical edition to arrive didn't actually hurt me in the end but I did have to kill 30mins. Even though I scrubbed everything Starfield related from my YouTube history, because I watch one weekly podcast on Kinda Funny Games (Xcast) YouTube naturally flooded my sidebar with all their new videos, and since Kinda Funny Games is a blatant PS fanboy channel they couldn't wait to plaster thier thumbnails with Starfield's disappointing metascore.

Oh well. I finally killed enough time now anyway.

I bet a lot of people said that about IGN too xD xD jkjkjk .