By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Around the Network

I took two weeks off from work to play Starfield as much as possible, but it won't be until September 11th damnit. Oh well, time tends to fly by when waiting.

Good to see Forza Motorsport and Towerborne hype coming out of Gamescom and they aren't just being overshadowed by Starfield, Lol.

The First Minutes of Starfield Gameplay Revealed | gamescom 2023 - YouTube

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

snip

Todd Howard is going to go down as one of the greatest video game devs of all time.

Ryuu96 said:
coolbeans said:

Not gonna lie, this sets a bad precedent about the presumed pairing between X & S now.  Because MS made an implicit promise that the only sacrifice made with Series S would be graphical fidelity back in 2020.  Chickens coming home to roost by skimping on RAM like they did.

Definitely fucked on the RAM.

Next time they do this (and they will) it should be the same RAM/CPU but a much weaker GPU.

And it's annoying too b/c even a layman like me knows RAM allocation is always a big issue with devs.  I couldn't believe the disparity when I initially saw their spreadsheet.  Sure, the architecture and getting a->b processes done has improved from previous gens (just like those before it), but relying on that to make up for hardware shortcomings leads to situations like this.

Creating the Music of Ara: History Untold - YouTube

Ryuu96 said:

I hope Bethesda gave some of the Inxile folks a reviewer code. They7 seem as hyped as anyone for this game.