By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Yeah, I think something between FM5 and 7 was to expect with number of cars and tracks. FM7 had it obviously much easier to have so many cars and tracks since not everything was build from scratch. A few more tracks at release would be nice but no way should you expect as much content as in FM7 considering how much new stuff they had to work on besides cars and tracks.

And what is this "critic ratings" supposed to tell us? Has noting to do with the Metascore or Opencritic. 

Around the Network
WoodenPints said:
konnichiwa said:

Delaying would make sense but it is already close to 5 years in the work? 

So long the core is fine, what seems to be missing is a roadmap, when will the next tracks be added? Cars etc?  

The game is a bit light in content compared to the last FM7

Didn't they start from scratch with the tracks and cars for FM8? I think 500 cars and 20 tracks is a decent amount for launch especially with how much post launch support that will happen but yeah as you said hopefully they posts a 6 or 12 month plan just before launch so we can see what kind of cadence to expect new stuff.

I think it seems like a step down in cars/tracks because FM7 was massive after they built on FM5 with 6 and eventually 7 where as FM8 is from a new development point 

Comparison really should be the first Forza Motorsport for each console, Imo.

• Forza Motorsport 1 (Xbox) - 225 Cars / 16 Tracks.
  • Forza Motorsport 2 (Xbox 360) - 338 Cars / 13 Tracks.
  • Forza Motorsport 5 (Xbox One) - 325 Cars / 14 Tracks.

Why? Cause they're building the Forza Motorsport for new hardware, in addition the physics systems for the cars were completely overhauled and the tracks have 10x the detail of previous Forza Motorsport tracks. Whether all cars were built from the ground up or some, all cars would have still had to been reworked to account for the large upgrades made to the engine, along with multiple overhauls to the physics of the cars.

Can't really copy/paste from Forza Horizon either since Forza Motorsport is way more sim, sure copy the car model itself but you'd still have to rework everything about the car itself which I imagine takes a lot longer than simply drawing up a pretty car, Lol. They made huge changes to the physics/internal systems which is larger than any previous Forza Motorsport and I imagine where most the time went, now they have the foundations they can move forward with building the car list. I think 500 cars and 20 tracks is fine for launch.

Gettem Parris.

DAMN! Parris is pissed and nailing all the Starfield "complaints" into the ground

Punished Parris.

He should take over Major Nelson's spot.

Around the Network

Posting this because I know at the time there was some speculation it was Microsoft, I believe Jez said it wasn't because Microsoft's contracts are ironclad and they don't just make "TrustMeBro" verbal agreements like whatever this shitshow was between Embracer and Saudi Group, so now we have confirmation who it was.

Xbox is about to have one of the biggest games of the generation but there are barely any Series X consoles out there. Huge missed opportunity.

Ryuu96 said:

Idas Said:

Seeking Alpha expecting the provisional view from the CMA on Monday:

Welcome to Seeking Alpha's Catalyst Watch - a breakdown of some of next week's actionable events that stand out. Check out Saturday morning's regular Stocks to Watch article for a full list of events planned for the week or the Seeking Alpha earnings calendar for companies due to report.

Monday - August 14

• Volatility watch - Short interest levels are elevated on Arhaus, Root, and Big Lots. Options volume on Tupperware Brands and WeWork has picked up. Traders will also be watching Activision Blizzard and Microsoft, with the UK's Competition and Markets Authority due to offer an opinion on if a divestiture will be required for deal approval.

jason1637 said:

Xbox is about to have one of the biggest games of the generation but there are barely any Series X consoles out there. Huge missed opportunity.

Hopefully they've been stock piling some for the launch.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.