By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Shaunodon said:
VersusEvil said:

When BG3 definitive edition launches on Xbox in 2yrs it’s gonna be amazing.

Microsoft should buy Larian and Remedy and force them to take daily lessons on how to code for Series S.

The laziest developers are always the most vocal about “it’s the hardwares fault” .. they’ll probably release the game on switch at some point and you won’t hear a peep from these clowns. At least when BG3 does release the PC community and PS “gamers” would have bug tested this :)

Last edited by VersusEvil - on 05 August 2023

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Around the Network

Honestly I think this is all overblown, I think what happened is more likely this. Yes, they have encountered an issue with split-screen on Series S but it's not a major deal like everyone is making, it's likely just a typical development difficulty, Larian themselves have said it's not an "issue" per se, it will simply just take a little bit more time and work.

I think they had a release date in mind (August 31st - original date) but they knew Starfield would release around the same time and thus focused on PC/PS. Once they knew Starfield's release date (Sep 1st - Sep 6th) they (an extremely rare move) brought forward their PC release date by almost a month to avoid Starfield on PC and release before it (smart move).

Course the Xbox version can't be ready due to the issue but I think they've simply prioritised PC/PS because it makes the most sense, they won't be in a major rush to launch BG3 on Xbox until they get some distance from Starfield, the date is irrelevant for PS as PS doesn't have Starfield, I think Sony just saw an opportunity to have a PR moment and asked them to move it back a week, same date as Starfield.

Vast majority will play it on PC as well, so ideally the focus is on launching before Starfield on PC, let Sony market boost BG3 on PS through the console wars, release BG3 a bit after Starfield on Xbox (possibly via Game Pass...) and they've staggered it out fairly well, avoiding potential competition and also had extra boosted marketing for consoles cause the console wars.

So there is an issue, but I think they've also prioritised PS/PC due to Starfield's date, they might as well avoid it and take their time with Xbox.

VersusEvil said:
Shaunodon said:

Microsoft should buy Larian and Remedy and force them to take daily lessons on how to code for Series S.

The laziest developers are always the most vocal about “it’s the hardwares fault” .. they’ll probably release the game on switch at some point and you won’t hear a peep from these clowns. At least when BG3 does release the PC community and PS “gamers” would have bug tested this :)

Oh shut up, Larian studios is one of the best studios, Sven and Cohorts really put their hearts and souls into the games and take complaints seriously and it shows,  baldurs gate III now has a 94 on metacritic making it the second best rated game of the year and is going to make it the best RPG of the year.

If you are mad then stop defending MS, The S was financially and business wise a great decision for this gen early on but the shortcomings are showing up. No way that AAA studios are happy with the extra work they have to commit on the S. I expect the possibility of some games skipping Xbox because the devs also have to make it work for the S a high possibility...   Blaming it at Larian and Remedy is stupid whil even 343 gave up on making split screen work and Arkane still not delivering the 60 FPS patch months after Redfall's release even when they promised it will be soon.

konnichiwa said:
VersusEvil said:

Oh shut up, Larian studios is one of the best studios, Sven and Cohorts really put their hearts and souls into the games and take complaints seriously and it shows,  baldurs gate III now has a 94 on metacritic making it the second best rated game of the year and is going to make it the best RPG of the year.

If you are mad then stop defending MS, The S was financially and business wise a great decision for this gen early on but the shortcomings are showing up. No way that AAA studios are happy with the extra work they have to commit on the S. I expect the possibility of some games skipping Xbox because the devs also have to make it work for the S a high possibility...   Blaming it at Larian and Remedy is stupid whil even 343 gave up on making split screen work and Arkane still not delivering the 60 FPS patch months after Redfall's release even when they promised it will be soon.

Ok love calm down. 

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

Killer Instinct Balance Update announcement Evo 2023 [ Max Dood & James Goddard ] - YouTube

Yup. His title is literally "Head of Killer Instinct" It's happening. You don't have a brand manager title for a single patch, Lol.

Iron Galaxy is either doing a Killer Instinct 2 or a new season, 100%.

Rumbleverse was only recently shutdown though so it may be very early in development.

• Senua, Joanna Dark, Doomguy, Master Chief, Dovahkiin, Skoorge, Chai, Emily.
  • If ABK closes: Sylvanas, Lich King, Lilith, Overwatch Character (Any).

Guest list could be amazing.

I don' think they would just do a new season for the 10th anniversary alone if a sequel wasn't been worked on as getting back a good userbase on a KI would be tough but a new season to get people interested and build hype leading into KI2 in a couple of years time is a good idea for sure.

konnichiwa said:
VersusEvil said:

That's funny because at the time, many were saying that Halo Infinite's split-screen worked fine and 343 were stupid to drop it, Lol, I didn't agree but still. 60fps Redfall has nothing to do with Series S, as the Series X and S are allowed to have different framerates. Split-screen is however, a feature, and Microsoft requires feature parity between Series S/X.

All this drama over a feature that barely anyone will use anyway, Lol. Split-screen is a dying feature, it would have been far more preferable to just launch it without split-screen and patch it in later, or don't have it at all on Xbox. I think everyone would prefer that, but then they'd launch same time as Starfield on Xbox, which I think they're trying to avoid as well.

Anyway, Larian themselves have downplayed how much of an "issue" Series S is, Remedy's (marketing?) dude has made comments, yet Alan Wake 2 is still coming to Series S and looks great. Developers scale for different specs all the time. In addition, if Switch is supported more by developers, they really have no excuse to try to skip Series S, Lol.

AAA studios, can handle it. Jumping to "developers will start skipping Xbox because BG3 is launching slightly later on Xbox than PS!" is a quite a doomer exaggeration, it's still coming, it's taking slightly longer, it makes more sense for them to prioritise PS/PC due to Starfield as well, they literally moved the PC date forward to avoid Starfield, it stands to reason they want to avoid it on Xbox as well.

I definitely won't call Larian or Remedy lazy though, they're both great developers.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 05 August 2023

When talking Series S, I really liked this comment made on ResetEra as well.

Series S was great for people in this situation. Developers, and gamers, will hopefully bare that in mind.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 05 August 2023

WoodenPints said:
Ryuu96 said:

Killer Instinct Balance Update announcement Evo 2023 [ Max Dood & James Goddard ] - YouTube

Yup. His title is literally "Head of Killer Instinct" It's happening. You don't have a brand manager title for a single patch, Lol.

Iron Galaxy is either doing a Killer Instinct 2 or a new season, 100%.

Rumbleverse was only recently shutdown though so it may be very early in development.

• Senua, Joanna Dark, Doomguy, Master Chief, Dovahkiin, Skoorge, Chai, Emily.
  • If ABK closes: Sylvanas, Lich King, Lilith, Overwatch Character (Any).

Guest list could be amazing.

I don' think they would just do a new season for the 10th anniversary alone if a sequel wasn't been worked on as getting back a good userbase on a KI would be tough but a new season to get people interested and build hype leading into KI2 in a couple of years time is a good idea for sure.

Sequel is being worked on, I believe.

• Iron Galaxy returning to KI after 5 years just for a patch? Lol. Doubt.
  • James Goddard's title being "Head of KI" You don't make a brand manager title for a frigging patch, Lol.
  • James Goddard saying "More KI for the next 10 years"

It's happening, Iron Galaxy is making it, likely in early development though.

New season in the run-up to a new KI would be a nice way to build some hype and keep KI in peoples minds as a new KI is likely far away.

They need to bring back Mick Gordon as well, I don't give a fuck if Bethesda or ID Software bitches and moans, they can suck it up whilst he makes the OST for the Doomguy guest character in Killer Instinct haha. Chai as a guest character would be sick, considering the music in KI is connected into the gameplay beats, it's so fucking perfect, Chai and his guitar. Omg Mick Gordon doing a Chai theme.

LFG!!!

Best Fighting OST Ever.

Ryuu96 said:
konnichiwa said:

That's funny because at the time, many were saying that Halo Infinite's split-screen worked fine and 343 were stupid to drop it, Lol, I didn't agree but still. 60fps Redfall has nothing to do with Series S, as the Series X and S are allowed to have different framerates. Split-screen is however, a feature, and Microsoft requires feature parity between Series S/X.

All this drama over a feature that barely anyone will use anyway, Lol. Split-screen is a dying feature, it would have been far more preferable to just launch it without split-screen and patch it in later, or don't have it at all on Xbox. I think everyone would prefer that, but then they'd launch same time as Starfield on Xbox, which I think they're trying to avoid as well.

Anyway, Larian themselves have downplayed how much of an "issue" Series S is, Remedy's (marketing?) dude has made comments, yet Alan Wake 2 is still coming to Series S and looks great. Developers scale for different specs all the time. In addition, if Switch is supported more by developers, they really have no excuse to try to skip Series S, Lol.

AAA studios, can handle it. Jumping to "developers will start skipping Xbox because BG3 is launching slightly later on Xbox than PS!" is a quite a doomer exaggeration, it's still coming, it's taking slightly longer, it makes more sense for them to prioritise PS/PC due to Starfield as well, they literally moved the PC date forward to avoid Starfield, it stands to reason they want to avoid it on Xbox as well.

It worked fine but 343 could not do it, if a first party can't do it why complain about a third party one,  like you said yourself becaues of the feature parity between X/S, MS is saying fuck you to any X owner who wanted to play BG 3 on that day and should just get a Pc or PS.  The only thing that brings hope is that an announcement seems to be imminent + BG 1/2 coming to gamepass..

If AAA in the future can handle it or not doesn't matter, any dev who can't handle it and will not release it on Xbox will be treated as Sony buying (time) exclusives again and fuck the devs!!!

Gabegabe was a nice comment but is getting oudated, this september in Europe as an example you can choose between A black Xbox series S with 1TB for 350 Euro or an PS5 digital version for (almost)a similar price it is going to be a blood bath especially if sony is the one advertising the console with FC 2024.