By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
konnichiwa said:
zero129 said:

I have never really played any of their games as i always thought of them as cheap mobile knock off JRPG's. But when you get around to playing some of them can you let me know if they are any good and what ones you would recommend? .

Most of them are cheap JRPG's that look like they are made in an updated version of RPG maker but they are worth the average price of 6 bucks during sales.

I find it very hard to recommend, some are very average but then you have ones that have a good story, or good gameplay or something addicting.

One I tend to recommend is Marenian Tavern story:

Hub element where you have to open your own Tavern and basically have to grow your business by going into dungeons to collect ingredients for your Tavern.

That game sounds great. i am addicted to games that have that kind of loop, so thanks for the recommendation .

Around the Network

Which Joinable Major Starfield Faction Are You Most Interested In?

United Colonies646.15%

Freestar Collective323.08%

The Crimson Fleet215.38%

Ryujin Industries215.38%

Total:13

Ryuu96 said:

Speaking of Fortnite, another major game was recently added to Xbox Game Pass' cloud library in the form of Grand Theft Auto V. Last time GTAV was added, the service saw a surge in popularity which resulted in occasional queues. Although it's unconfirmed if GTAV is directly responsible, many users on Xbox Cloud Gaming communities are blaming GTAV for this recent, much larger influx of queues, which is hitting Microsoft's cloud gaming systems in various regions.

It has been suggested to me that some of the delay could be caused by how Xbox Game Pass handles game delivery on cloud these days — as the library has grown, Microsoft doesn't keep every single cloud game installed on the servers at all times, opting instead to spin up nearby servers on the fly with the specific game you requested.

Microsoft is also offloading some of the GPU cycles from Xbox Cloud Gaming to A.I. processing services when they're not in use as part of Microsoft's big ChatGPT / Bing Chat push. The AI processing may also be inducing queues, as servers flip priorities around. It's a downside, but it also crucially extends the business viability of the service in a world where Apple and Google won't allow Microsoft to monetize on their platforms. You'll notice that no games either from first or third-party developers on Xbox Cloud Gaming for Google Play have in-app purchases or DLC enabled. You can blame Google for that.

Xbox Cloud Gaming is Seeing Increased Queue Times as Demand Surges | Windows Central

Lol. It feels like Microsoft will be feeding xCloud with Xbox consoles for years to come. GTAV being likely responsible for the recent strain on the service also proves that demand is exceeding capacity which of course means, Xbox needs more consoles in the server racks...Just how many consoles does a server rack need per customer? Lol. It doesn't end! And this is before Call of Duty hits the service...Dear God...Lmao.

The last paragraph is interesting if I'm reading it correctly, Microsoft is essentially taking the Series X GPU's when not in use and using them for their AI push, as well? So basically Xbox consoles are both benefitting xCloud and Microsoft AI? That's a good thing for the Xbox business, I suppose, as it further aligns it with Microsoft's overall goals and adds further justification for the investment.

On the flipside, Microsoft is using our dang consoles on non-gaming stuff and maybe causing more strain on the servers! Lmao. So that means maybe we need even more consoles in the xCloud server racks! Idk...Maybe...Man, Microsoft really needs to figure out how to manufacture Xbox Series X better if this is the case, it's needed for consumers, xCloud and AI, Lol.

Honestly i think they should be moving to PC hardware for their future cloud games. Better latency even on lower speed networks, The games can look better than even series x giving them users a reason to use it. im shocked ms has not started doing this already,

zero129 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Speaking of Fortnite, another major game was recently added to Xbox Game Pass' cloud library in the form of Grand Theft Auto V. Last time GTAV was added, the service saw a surge in popularity which resulted in occasional queues. Although it's unconfirmed if GTAV is directly responsible, many users on Xbox Cloud Gaming communities are blaming GTAV for this recent, much larger influx of queues, which is hitting Microsoft's cloud gaming systems in various regions.

It has been suggested to me that some of the delay could be caused by how Xbox Game Pass handles game delivery on cloud these days — as the library has grown, Microsoft doesn't keep every single cloud game installed on the servers at all times, opting instead to spin up nearby servers on the fly with the specific game you requested.

Microsoft is also offloading some of the GPU cycles from Xbox Cloud Gaming to A.I. processing services when they're not in use as part of Microsoft's big ChatGPT / Bing Chat push. The AI processing may also be inducing queues, as servers flip priorities around. It's a downside, but it also crucially extends the business viability of the service in a world where Apple and Google won't allow Microsoft to monetize on their platforms. You'll notice that no games either from first or third-party developers on Xbox Cloud Gaming for Google Play have in-app purchases or DLC enabled. You can blame Google for that.

Xbox Cloud Gaming is Seeing Increased Queue Times as Demand Surges | Windows Central

Lol. It feels like Microsoft will be feeding xCloud with Xbox consoles for years to come. GTAV being likely responsible for the recent strain on the service also proves that demand is exceeding capacity which of course means, Xbox needs more consoles in the server racks...Just how many consoles does a server rack need per customer? Lol. It doesn't end! And this is before Call of Duty hits the service...Dear God...Lmao.

The last paragraph is interesting if I'm reading it correctly, Microsoft is essentially taking the Series X GPU's when not in use and using them for their AI push, as well? So basically Xbox consoles are both benefitting xCloud and Microsoft AI? That's a good thing for the Xbox business, I suppose, as it further aligns it with Microsoft's overall goals and adds further justification for the investment.

On the flipside, Microsoft is using our dang consoles on non-gaming stuff and maybe causing more strain on the servers! Lmao. So that means maybe we need even more consoles in the xCloud server racks! Idk...Maybe...Man, Microsoft really needs to figure out how to manufacture Xbox Series X better if this is the case, it's needed for consumers, xCloud and AI, Lol.

Honestly i think they should be moving to PC hardware for their future cloud games. Better latency even on lower speed networks, The games can look better than even series x giving them users a reason to use it. im shocked ms has not started doing this already,

There's a business benefit in them using Xbox hardware in that it is now multi-purpose and branches into multiple aspects of Microsoft, they aren't only selling Xbox hardware to consumers but also using it to better Azure/AI which further gives reason for Xbox hardware to be a key aspect to the business but they unfortunately can't seem to manufacture enough for all those purposes.

The other reason is that by using Xbox hardware, the porting effort required is extremely minimal, if the game works on Xbox then it will work on xCloud without much effort at all because xCloud runs on Xbox hardware. So it makes it easier for developers and upgrades in the future without losing a large library. Part of the reason why Stadia had limited support was because the porting wasn't worth the effort for developers.

The downside is as you said, a custom job can have better latency, better resolution, better FPS, etc. Also it wouldn't be taking Xbox consoles away from consumers but Xbox would then have to make their own custom GPUs which is extra costs, extra R&D, and a juggernaut like Nvidia has the advantage in that area. Rather than just taking from the current Xbox line.

What method is better is probably still TBD.

konnichiwa said:

Saw Chrono Cross was on sale so got the game. Makes me miss Chrono Trigger..

Rumor is Square is remaking it on their HD 2D engine right now. Personally would have preferred a 3D remake of it, like Trials of Mana got, would have been more like Chrono Trigger: Resurrection, the fan remake that Square cancelled back in the early 2000's on Gamecube:

But I will still play an HD 2D remake if it comes to Xbox.

Around the Network
PixelPirate said:

Just went to some local shops here (Mediamarkt, Intertoys) and I have seen 2 Xbox Series X, opossed to 30+ PS5's. Seems availability is still shit. How is it in your country? I really starting to doubt it will be better around the time Starfield launches.

Edit: Also, on bol.com (on of the largest online store in the Netherlands) only has the Series X Diablo version in stock. Not the regular version....

I can't remember Series X been well stocked for a long time now it was garbage last year and still poor this year and it's not just countries with smaller demand for Xbox even the US have it just as bad which is bizarre.

They should try to convince a bunch of streamers to try the game again after they release PVE.

NobleTeam360 said:

I just want to hear those sweet words from Phil's mouth "The ABK deal is now finally closed". Then we can frolic in the meadows and bask in Phils' radiance until the next purchase.

Too much?

Not going to happen.  I just believe the CMA has another set of all purpose tear generator for Xbox fans.  Whatever MS offer is still going to get rejected and after that is when the fun really starts.

zero129 said:
Ryuu96 said:

They cannot or I should say the cost of doing it is way more expensive.  Not only that, not all Xbox games that come to XCloud or GP can be played on the PC.  For complete compatibility, MS needs to use Series X consoles because they not only work with current gen but also backward compat as well.  Also it would be cheaper for MS to deploy series X consoles instead of negotiating prices for PC parts.

Ryuu96 said:

Someone reported that XCloud operates at a loss at the moment so MS using those extra cycles to push their AI is probably for the best as MS needs XCloud to pull its weight.  I am sure if Demand continue to outstrip supply MS can always set the service to push XCloud game content over AI or they need faster switches when spinning up which particular service XCloud will use.