By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Ryuu96 said:

Since Jim Ryan's statement, 2 publishers have came out in SUPPORT of Game Pass, haha.

They saw their name in the top 17 and want that M$ Money lol, getting bought by Xbox would actually help this studio though.

Around the Network
coolbeans said:

It's funny how much better off MS would be - quality wise - if they'd just made moves for Thunderful, Remedy, IO Interactive, & 11 bit Studios. Never have to deal with this international headache and didn't have to give Kotick a golden parachute.

I would rather Microsoft have tried to acquire these smaller publishers/developers over Activision Blizzard as well. Microsoft had a close relationship with Remedy as Alan Wake and Quantum Break were Xbox exclusives. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Soon should be done with FF16 and might need something lighter in tone. May give Hi-Fi Rush a serious go.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Imaginedvl said:
gtotheunit91 said:

This is, but I meant in general lol. They're not subtle about it either

Btw, you and Shika having similar avatars on top of each other confused the hell out of me lol

I was the first, therefore I have the right to claim it as mine!

The other one is just a copycat!

To be fair, mine was slightly different, as mine had the Starfield logo with the artwork and yours is just the artwork. But I had completely forgot your avatar was that similar when I changed mine, and didn't notice until days after I changed it. Went ahead and changed mine since the similarities were confusing people, now I'm rocking Sam from Starfield, who I can already tell will be one of my favorite companions, seeing as he is a Space Cowboy (very Firefly and Cowboy Bebop) and is voiced by Elias Toufexis (whose distinctly gravelly voice also voices Deux Ex protagonist Adam Jensen, one of my favorite game characters of all time).

Ryuu96 said:

This woman actually showed up with the data.

She seems so much happier than FTC's expert witness, Lol.

I wonder if the FTC expert is the same one the CMA used.  The reason I asked because I remember that the CMA did not actually want to use their expert which seemed kind of odd if that was a person they were depending on for their analysis of the market.

Around the Network
coolbeans said:

It's funny how much better off MS would be - quality wise - if they'd just made moves for Thunderful, Remedy, IO Interactive, & 11 bit Studios. Never have to deal with this international headache and didn't have to give Kotick a golden parachute.

Add Sega + Paradox.

I know you weren't talking financially but I did want to talk about it though, I don't know how Microsoft will reach their goal of doubling their Gaming revenue to $30bn by 2030 without ABK...That seems like a very lofty goal, Imo. Even with ABK, I think they'll need a few more studios or maybe one more publisher.

This may be a 3rd party analyst though, does anyone know who/what Keystone is?

Edit

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 29 June 2023

Sega Corp. dismissed speculation it may be the target of acquirers including Microsoft Corp., as the studio behind Sonic The Hedgehog stressed it intends to remain part of a bigger Japanese entertainment conglomerate. Sega, maintains a close relationship with Xbox-maker Microsoft but will remain within Sega Sammy Holdings Inc., co-Chief Operating Officer Shuji Utsumi told Bloomberg News.

Sega Sammy’s shares rose to their highest since 2007 this week. Legal filings in the Federal Trade Commission’s suit against Microsoft revealed that the US company considered buying Sega to beef up its Xbox Game Pass subscription service.

“No, not now,” Utsumi said when asked if the company was open to acquisition talks. He declined to say whether Microsoft had made a formal approach.

Sega has strong relationships with platform owners from Sony Group Corp. and Nintendo Co. to Apple Inc. and Amazon.com Inc. But Microsoft values Sega more than other platform operators, Utsumi said. The pair announced they will consider forming a strategic alliance in 2021 to support Sega’s initiative of developing big-budget games.

“We are very close with Microsoft and have a great relationship with its management team,” he said. “Microsoft particularly has a high regard for us. Xbox’s Phil Spencer and Sarah Bond are really serious about values that video game fans emphasize.”

Sega COO Quashes Talk of Microsoft Deal in Favor of Independence - Bloomberg

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 29 June 2023

Those Xbox shipment numbers show a few things

1. VGChartz was largely correct in their estimates
2. Xbox’s console sales aren’t nearly as bad as many make them out to be (including Microsoft themselves)
3. Ampere is systemically under tracking Xbox console numbers. We knew this with like 90% certainty but there can be no doubt now

aTokenYeti said:

Those Xbox shipment numbers show a few things

1. VGChartz was largely correct in their estimates
2. Xbox’s console sales aren’t nearly as bad as many make them out to be (including Microsoft themselves)
3. Ampere is systemically under tracking Xbox console numbers. We knew this with like 90% certainty but there can be no doubt now

I just made an edit, they're from Keystone Analytics so not official numbers still 😭