By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
jason1637 said:

Nancy Pelosi just bought $500k worth of MS stock so I think it’s safe to say this merger will make it past this FTC hurdle.

Her and many others in congress do insider trading pretty often lol

Around the Network
jason1637 said:

Nancy Pelosi just bought $500k worth of MS stock so I think it’s safe to say this merger will make it past this FTC hurdle.

is that public knowledge or something?

gtotheunit91 said:
jason1637 said:

Well, I would not call that insider trading tho :) This is really public knowledge! Everyone can listen to the hearing and draw the same conclusion :)

Ryuu96 said:

More Fucked Redactions!

Those budgets are freaking ridiculous. $200m+ for development alone, plus the marketing budget on each. Sony will have been lucky to have just barely broke even on TLOU 2 and Horizon: FW may have even lost them some money, as it's full price sales were alot lower than TLOU 2's were, while the budget was nearly as high.

I'm glad Xbox/Bethesda seem to use a lower budget on most of their AAA exclusives, save for a few more expensive outliers like Halo Infinite and Starfield. Your average Arkane or Obsidian AAA is likely coming in below $100m on development budget, and probably sub $150m for development + marketing combined. We just heard recently that the AAA Xbox ordered from People Can Fly has a budget of just $50m, though they are in Poland, where game development pay is quite low. 

Imaginedvl said:
gtotheunit91 said:

Well, I would not call that insider trading tho :) This is really public knowledge! Everyone can listen to the hearing and draw the same conclusion :)

This is, but I meant in general lol. They're not subtle about it either

Btw, you and Shika having similar avatars on top of each other confused the hell out of me lol

Around the Network

I'm not sure if it means anything though other than Microsoft stock is amazing, Lol.

I don't think ABK would even noticeably move Microsoft stock one way or another, it would have made more sense if she purchased ABK stock.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 28 June 2023

Since Jim Ryan's statement, 2 publishers have came out in SUPPORT of Game Pass, haha.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 28 June 2023

Imaginedvl said:
gtotheunit91 said:

The purchases were call options that were executed on June 15th but purchased in May 2022.  Purchased by her husband Paul Pelosi and it was equal call options on both Apple and Microsoft stock.

shikamaru317 said:

Those budgets are freaking ridiculous. $200m+ for development alone, plus the marketing budget on each. Sony will have been lucky to have just barely broke even on TLOU 2 and Horizon: FW may have even lost them some money, as it's full price sales were alot lower than TLOU 2's were, while the budget was nearly as high.

I'm glad Xbox/Bethesda seem to use a lower budget on most of their AAA exclusives, save for a few more expensive outliers like Halo Infinite and Starfield. 

TLOU2 and Horizon are almost certainly Sony's outliers. Along with God of War.  

Their Ghost of Tsushima's, Days Gone are almost certainly far less than that.  

They'll continue to sell for a few years, and they certainly made money. Even if it was rather slim.  

Ryuu96 said:

Since Jim Ryan's statement, 2 publishers have came out in SUPPORT of Game Pass, haha.

Damn, a PC first studio loving Game Pass lol. You love to see it.