By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
PixelPirate said:

I'm 10 hours in with Diablo IV but I'm not really feeling it. There is no sense of progression and it feels repetitive. Guess this game just isnt working for me.

Any suggestions? Still have to play Crisis Core, Hogwarts Legacy and Midnight Suns.

I would say 10 hours is just scratching the surface of Diablo but then again, it depend on your level, character and build to understand where you are at.  Repetitive is definitely Diablo, you either like the grind or you do not.  Also it depends if you are going for the story or just running around doing side quest.  I love tinkering with my build, basically respecting and trying different builds to see which one I like to do.  Right now I am at level 65 so doing nightmare dungeons trying to grind for the best gear while not dying is fun.  Thinking about trying to build a hardcore character where if you die once its over.

As for the other games you listed, all I have heard are fun to a point.

Last edited by Machiavellian - on 26 June 2023

Around the Network

Ryuu96 said:

Really looking forward to this one. Loved flight simulator 2020.

@Spade 

Around the Network
PixelPirate said:

I'm 10 hours in with Diablo IV but I'm not really feeling it. There is no sense of progression and it feels repetitive. Guess this game just isnt working for me.

Any suggestions? Still have to play Crisis Core, Hogwarts Legacy and Midnight Suns.

I'm probably in the minority in the way I tackle Diablo.  I purchased Diablo 3 on 4 different platforms and never did any of the endgame stuff.  I played through each of the characters and did the story each time and then would do play throughs on the more difficult settings.  The grind for me never felt tedious, but I love grinding in games where others may not enjoy the grind.  

I love experimenting with different builds and sticking to them all the way to the end.  Squeezing out every stat, multiplier, stack, I find rewarding.  The first thing I do in the menu settings is move or click settings to show me all the numbers.  I like health bars above the enemies and all the stats to show in the armor and weapon sets for comparisons.  

The game is very repetitive in combat (hack n slash), and if you do endgame, you will be running dungeons over and over and over again waiting for those rare drops to complete a set your working on.  

If the story takes 30 hours to complete without skipping the dialog, then it can be guaranteed it will take me double or more the hours.  I have to speak with every villager, look at every piece of decor, read every book or lore.   I'm always taken back by the amount of detail that is put into video games (I grew up on Atari).  Where most people will be moving as fast as their character can move, I will enter a great hall or cavern and walk at a slow pace as if I was really there and filled with fear and awe.  It allows my imagination to run wild with what nightmares lurk in the dark and if I will exit the dungeon victorious.  

I'm currently playing a Barbarian and am already looking forward to a second play through on the next difficulty level once I unlock it.  I started my play through on Veteran difficulty.  

47 hours in and I just barely completed Act 3.  I'm barely a level 45 or 46.  If I had the time to game more, I would be in the hundreds of hours already.

I do plan on doing the endgame activities this time, and will be trying to learn everything I can before the first season begins in July.  This game will keep my gaming cravings at bay until Starfield.  

I tried to get my brothers and my son into Diablo 3 back in the day, and they just didn't like the game.  My favorite part of the Diablo games is the numbers.  Can't get enough of them.  The second favorite part of the Diablo games for me is the atmosphere.  I know many people think the story is weak, but I don't.  I find myself fully engulfed by it.  But this genre of game is not for everyone.  

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Just started listening to the new DF weekly, they were talking about the response to their analysis of FFXVI's performance mode and John made the comment, "it's worth mentioning if this game had been available on the Xbox this wouldn't have been an issue, because that supports the wider VRR window." They also conclude the game was obviously made with 30fps as it's target and 60fps was shoehorned in, which is why it looks and feels awful.

Well ain't that ironic, considering we've had some rather active members on these forums lately going around nagging people about how true next-gen requires 60ps, that's it's basically mandatory for certain genres (like action games) and alluding to the idea PS5 was the only system supporting this consistently.

Seems like PS5's biggest exclusive of the year so far is only a last-gen version. Those load times though.

I personally would rather have a stable 30 FPS than a 60 FPS mode that dips into the 30s/40s FPS wise. It is very jarring when I see that much of a dip in framerate. I expect more and more AAA games to run at 30 FPS on the current-generation consoles and less games that are 60 FPS.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

We probably ain't seeing Perfect Dark again till 2025 lol

Shaunodon said:

Just started listening to the new DF weekly, they were talking about the response to their analysis of FFXVI's performance mode and John made the comment, "it's worth mentioning if this game had been available on the Xbox this wouldn't have been an issue, because that supports the wider VRR window." They also conclude the game was obviously made with 30fps as it's target and 60fps was shoehorned in, which is why it looks and feels awful.

Well ain't that ironic, considering we've had some rather active members on these forums lately going around nagging people about how true next-gen requires 60ps, that's it's basically mandatory for certain genres (like action games) and alluding to the idea PS5 was the only system supporting this consistently.

Seems like PS5's biggest exclusive of the year so far is only a last-gen version. Those load times though.

Honestly, I gave up on DF a while ago (calling them Sony Foundry). I'm playing Final Fantasy 16 and the game performance is AWEFUL like REALLY bad...

30FPS is unplayable because of the motion blur (I did not really care during the demo but after playing a while it is so nauseating) and the "performance" mode is dropping frames so much... 

For Xbox games/issues, they usually spend the majority of their videos talking about how bad the FPS is or pixels missing here and there.

But for this game, they barely mention it and everyone is fine at the end... 

For me Final Fantasy 16 is a disappointment, I was super hyped even after playing the demo, but:

- This is not an RPG... It is really an arcade action-adventure game. I get that they do not want to go back to turn-based but they really went too far and there is really very little RPG or tactical decision at all. And it is more about button smashing/timing that anything else.
- The performance is so bad... Like seriously, this is supposed to be the flagship title for Play Station 5 this year before Spider Man 2 and nobody is talking about that but when you have Starfield announced at a locked 30FPS, it is the end of the world (at least DF, did not bitch that tho).

The game is good for other things but def. not an RPG and the performance is shit level:
-  Story is amazing so far (I'm something like 25 hours in)
- The Active Time Lore thingy is gold, they need to do that in every game... (you can pause during a cut scene or even while playing to get a sumary about all people, places and monsters you see, like the Amazon thing you can do while watching).
- That's it... No RPG element, button smashing fight with very little tactical decision (using Garuda when half staggered is one of them, and probably the only meaningful one, everyelse is button smashing).

Last edited by Imaginedvl - on 26 June 2023