By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

At least they didn't raise S prices in any market, that would have been a killing blow for S if they had done that. X has enough demand to sell in-spite of a price hike, but S frankly needs a price cut to sell, if they had raised the price for S they would have killed all demand for it pretty much.

Not a fan of the Gamepass price hike though, even if it is only $1 per month higher than before. Reminds me of how Netflix has managed to creep their price for the standard sub up from $8 a month in 2013 to $15.49 per month a decade later in 2023, by doing it in small $1 or $2 increments each time.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 21 June 2023

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

Interesting, because Digital Foundry previously cited the poor FF16 performance mode as one reason why they think Bethesda made the right call locking to 30 fps on Starfield. As you can see here with FF16, when a game is CPU intensive (as Starfield will be), lowering resolution doesn't do much, the dynamic resolution scaler on FF16 performance mode drops as low as 720p during combat, and yet even at 720p, framerate can still fall into the 30-40 fps range, too low to look good even on a VRR screen (which work best between 40-60 fps).

This is the 4th? next gen only title which struggles to maintain 60fps.

• Gotham Knights - Locked 30fps.
  • Jedi Survivor - Poor Performance Mode.
  • Final Fantasy XVI - Poor Performance Mode.
  • Starfield - Locked 30fps.

All semi or fully open world too.

Noticing a trend, Lol.

So is the Xbox Series X just matching PS5's price everywhere? If that's the case then meh, don't care, Lol.

Not too concerned about Game Pass price increase either, everyone already says it's a steal, cause it is, it was bound to come eventually, Lol.

Ryuu96 said:
shikamaru317 said:

Interesting, because Digital Foundry previously cited the poor FF16 performance mode as one reason why they think Bethesda made the right call locking to 30 fps on Starfield. As you can see here with FF16, when a game is CPU intensive (as Starfield will be), lowering resolution doesn't do much, the dynamic resolution scaler on FF16 performance mode drops as low as 720p during combat, and yet even at 720p, framerate can still fall into the 30-40 fps range, too low to look good even on a VRR screen (which work best between 40-60 fps).

This is the 4th? next gen only title which struggles to maintain 60fps.

• Gotham Knights - Locked 30fps.
  • Jedi Survivor - Poor Performance Mode.
  • Final Fantasy XVI - Poor Performance Mode.
  • Starfield - Locked 30fps.

All semi or fully open world too.

Noticing a trend, Lol.

Jedi Survivor was at least patched, it now runs way better on it's performance mode, good enough for VRR at least. Guessing it was more of a GPU issue there rather than CPU, considering they had it working well in performance mode within about a week of release. If the issue is CPU though, like it seems to have been for the other 3 games, there is alot less you can do to get the game running at a framerate that is even high enough for VRR screens to work properly, let alone a locked 60 fps performance mode. Lowering resolution does little to nothing to improve framerates in CPU limited areas of the game world, so the only ways to get better performance on consoles there would be to either cut some of the CPU intensive features, or wait until a stronger CPU Pro console or next-gen console releases and then update the game. Seems like Bethesda will take the latter route, instead of cutting core features from Starfield which are CPU intensive, they are locking to 30 fps and we presumably won't see 60 fps Starfield on consoles until they release a next-gen port for Xbox next-gen console, since it seems like Xbox doesn't have plans to make a mid-gen Pro console like Sony seems to be doing.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 21 June 2023

shikamaru317 said:

At least they didn't raise S prices in any market, that would have been a killing blow for S if they had done that. X has enough demand to sell in-spite of a price hike, but S frankly needs a price cut to sell, if they had raised the price for S they would have killed all demand for it pretty much.

Not a fan of the Gamepass price hike though, even if it is only $1 per month higher than before. Reminds me of how Netflix has managed to creep their price for the standard sub up from $8 a month in 2010 to $15.49 per month in 2023, by doing it in small $1 or $2 increments each time.

I hope it does not come to this. For now, it is still way under the inflation from its 2017 introductory price. So it was unavoidable for Gamepass to raise its price eventually if only to match inflation. The only thing that was holding it back was the focus on growth but I guess the great reception of last week's show gave them enough confidence to go ahead with the adjustment.

From now on, fingers crossed MS does not get too greedy and keeps solely matching inflation every 4-5 years or so.

Around the Network

Now was Game Pass increased because subs have slowed down too much and so they're adjusting the pricing as they aren't in mass growth stage anymore or is it because they want it done before Activision-Blizzard-King if they still believe that is happening? Lol. Or maybe it's in anticipation of them finally getting on a regular release schedule starting with Forza Motorsport - Starfield.

They specifically said to regulators that ABK wouldn't result in price increases to Game Pass, are the sneaky bastards doing it before closure? Lol. It's a pretty tame price increase to both the console and Game Pass, if they were doing it in anticipation of ABK then I would have expected more than $1-$2 increase to Game Pass.

Game Pass price increase was inevitable, anyone should have seen it coming due to the value it holds and it staying the same price for 6 years, but they already told regulators that ABK wouldn't be the cause for it, so the timing feels a bit sneaky, Lol. Could just be in anticipation of Starfield though cause I still think ABK is dead, Lol.

Ryuu96 said:

So is the Xbox Series X just matching PS5's price everywhere? If that's the case then meh, don't care, Lol.

Not too concerned about Game Pass price increase either, everyone already says it's a steal, cause it is, it was bound to come eventually, Lol.

Extra 300+ million in revenue to continue to increase the quality of games coming to the service.  Nothing to worry about at just a dollar.

Spade said:

I don't know about the other JRPG xbox people here, but I received my copy

Did my part.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

DroidKnight said:
Spade said:

I don't know about the other JRPG xbox people here, but I received my copy

Did my part.

To reach Halo's Infinite highest rank(Hero) you need 9.3 million Xp, every rank up needs a slighty higher Xp amount..

Depending on your match score it can take you 4-5 thousand matches (if you are Mint Blitz) or 15 thousand if you really suck.