By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Ngl, the gameplay looks a bit too hectic lol. Could still be fun though!

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

I was looking forward to this one as well, but not enough time to dive in this year anyway.  Diablo IV until Starfield.  Now it's going to be a coin toss between Flintlock and Avowed for my time in 2024.  I'm going to have to stop adding to my backlog at least until 2025-2026.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

VersusEvil said:

£100 digital edition + £70 controller … this game is the exception of exceptions lol 

Starfield is going to move a shitload of consoles.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Amazon Roomba Acquisition 'Most Dangerous' in Company History: Expert (Businessinsider.com)

Cleared in Phase 1 with no concerns despite iRobot having 50% of the market, Amazon's well known privacy issues alongside owning Ring and Amazon practically owning eCommerce. They've already written an article which includes this approval in it, Lol. Makes me think they only cleared it to counter the "closed for business" angle.

Hey look, UK is good for business /s.

Competition and Innovation: A Priority for the CMA - GOV.UK

Out of thousands of merger transactions impacting on the UK every year, the CMA steps in to prevent just a handful of problematic deals. We continue to clear the vast majority of mergers, including many carried out by the major tech firms such as Meta's acquisition of Kustomer and Microsoft's acquisition of Nuance. Most recently, we cleared Amazon's acquisition of iRobot which makes the Roomba vacuum cleaner. But where, after careful consideration of all the evidence, we conclude that a merger will substantially lessen competition, including in dynamic and innovative sectors, it's right that we step in.

Around the Network

CMA is such a fucking joke, Lol.

• Data Privacy Experts & Antitrust Researchers: Amazon's acquisition of iRobot is dangerous to the market and to the public.
  • CMA: Approved!
  • Cloud Gaming Market & General Gaming Market: This deal is great for us and we think it should be approved, alongside consumer benefits.
  • CMA: Denied!

Despite a similar worldwide market-share too according to CMA's shaky estimates of xCloud's market share.

And for a market which already dwarfs Cloud Gaming.

Going to laugh when Cloud Gaming continues to drag its near dead corpse to some sort of relevancy whilst everyone shuts down their services because it isn't financially viable while Amazon just acquired a 50% market share in an already large market which is profitable and can leverage their dominance in eCommerce to drown out any other competitor and will continue to grow and absolutely destroy any market xCloud gets.

But...$69bn deal!

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 16 June 2023

Ryuu96 said:

CMA is such a fucking joke, Lol.

• Data Privacy Experts & Antitrust Researchers: Amazon's acquisition of iRobot is dangerous to the market and to the public.
  • CMA: Approved!
  • Cloud Gaming Market & General Gaming Market: This deal is great for us and we think it should be approved, alongside consumer benefits.
  • CMA: Denied!

Despite a similar worldwide market-share too according to CMA's shaky estimates of xCloud's market share.

And for a market which already dwarfs Cloud Gaming.

Going to laugh when Cloud Gaming continues to drag its near dead corpse to some sort of relevancy whilst everyone shuts down their services because it isn't financially viable while Amazon just acquired a 50% market share in an already large market which is profitable and can leverage their dominance in eCommerce to drown out any other competitor and will continue to grow and absolutely destroy any market xCloud gets.

But...$69bn deal!

It sucks!

Out of thousands of merger transactions impacting on the UK every year, the CMA steps in to prevent just a handful of problematic deals. We continue to clear the vast majority of mergers, including many carried out by the major tech firms such as Meta's acquisition of Kustomer and Microsoft's acquisition of Nuance. Most recently, we cleared Amazon's acquisition of iRobot which makes the Roomba vacuum cleaner. But where, after careful consideration of all the evidence, we conclude that a merger will substantially lessen competition, including in dynamic and innovative sectors, it's right that we step in.

Lol, this line reads like they just cleared this so they can shake the "closed for business" moniker. CMA is absolutely pathetic, hope MS closes over this clown of an organization.

NobleTeam360 said:

Lol, this line reads like they just cleared this so they can shake the "closed for business" moniker. CMA is absolutely pathetic, hope MS closes over this clown of an organization.

They absolutely did, it's so transparent, Lol.

Way to stand up for the little guy CMA. People like Jeff Bezos could really use a break in this world.