By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
EpicRandy said:
Ryuu96 said:

Beautiful. WRPG Box.

And I'm excited for every single one too.

Starfield in 2023, Avowed in 2024, Fable in 2025, Clockwork Revolution in 2026, The Elder Scrolls VI in 2028.

Idk when The Outer Worlds 2 will release, it would be perfect if they put it in 2027 but from what we know, it has been in development for years already so it is likely ready well before 2027, especially since Obsidian seems to want to focus on small but focused AAA RPGs rather than massive AAA RPGs. So I'm expecting OW2 will be a lot like OW1 in size but with a lot more polish, maybe a decent amount larger but not hugely.

We need another WRPG studio to fill the 2027 slot. xD

I'm thinking the Outer Worlds 2 might also be 2025 or 2026. The game have been announced in 2021, 2025 is not too close to Starfield and the game is still very different from the others not to split fanbases. Also, 2028 would place Elder Scroll as a 10th gen release title which does not sounds right to me, I hope that it is max 2027

Why not The Outer Worlds 2 in 2026 and Clockwork Revolution in 2027 then. That hurts to say though, because Clockwork Revolution looks amazing, Lol. Of course there is no reason why they can't do 2 WRPGs in a year, it's just fun to think they could have one every year They could fill it with a JRPG 👀

The Elder Scrolls as a 'launch' title for Next Xbox sounds perfect to me, a year before the gen would be a waste but imagine the next Xbox having an Elder Scrolls as a launch exclusive (or near enough), it would actually give Microsoft a fighting chance against Sony to take a real lead at the start of the generation.

I think Elder Scrolls VI will be 3 years minimum after Starfield, 4-5 years way more likely. Bethesda Game Studios isn't large enough and Todd Howard likes directing everything so he can't put full focus on Elder Scrolls until Starfield is out of the way and remember, Starfield will also have likely two large expansions at minimum which diverts staff before they can fully move over to Elder Scrolls.

Xbox saying they have no interest in a Xbox Pro makes me curious, if PlayStation does a Pro but Xbox doesn't, is Xbox going to try to launch next gen before PlayStation? Could we see another X360 scenario where Xbox launches a year before PlayStation? Xbox launches next gen in Holiday 2027 and Elder Scrolls VI launches Early 2028.

Around the Network

I don't follow the assumption of OW2 releasing before Clockwork Revolution tbh. We've actually seen a scripted in-game/gameplay trailer of Clockwork whereas the CGI OW2 trailer literally made jokes about unfinished assets or whether we'd actually see x creature.

October 2024 Articles:

Star Wars Outlaws (XS) Review -- 4/10 |

Xbox extended showcase starting soon.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Ryuu96 said:
EpicRandy said:

I'm thinking the Outer Worlds 2 might also be 2025 or 2026. The game have been announced in 2021, 2025 is not too close to Starfield and the game is still very different from the others not to split fanbases. Also, 2028 would place Elder Scroll as a 10th gen release title which does not sounds right to me, I hope that it is max 2027

Why not The Outer Worlds 2 in 2026 and Clockwork Revolution in 2027 then. That hurts to say though, because Clockwork Revolution looks amazing, Lol. Of course there is no reason why they can't do 2 WRPGs in a year, it's just fun to think they could have one every year They could fill it with a JRPG 👀

The Elder Scrolls as a 'launch' title for Next Xbox sounds perfect to me, a year before the gen would be a waste but imagine the next Xbox having an Elder Scrolls as a launch exclusive (or near enough), it would actually give Microsoft a fighting chance against Sony to take a real lead at the start of the generation.

I think Elder Scrolls VI will be 3 years minimum after Starfield, 4-5 years way more likely. Bethesda Game Studios isn't large enough and Todd Howard likes directing everything so he can't put full focus on Elder Scrolls until Starfield is out of the way and remember, Starfield will also have likely two large expansions at minimum which diverts staff before they can fully move over to Elder Scrolls.

Xbox saying they have no interest in a Xbox Pro makes me curious, if PlayStation does a Pro but Xbox doesn't, is Xbox going to try to launch next gen before PlayStation? Could we see another X360 scenario where Xbox launches a year before PlayStation? Xbox launches next gen in Holiday 2027 and Elder Scrolls VI launches Early 2028.

Even if the elder scroll end ups being 2028, it'll still be cross-gen with smart delivery so there's not really an exclusivity incentive to hold it until then. Of course, the natural development cycle may lead to this in 2028 but considering the teaser was made in 2018 it would be like "Were you trying to beat The Last guardian in the longest reveal/release gap or something?"

Around the Network
coolbeans said:

I don't follow the assumption of OW2 releasing before Clockwork Revolution tbh. We've actually seen a scripted in-game/gameplay trailer of Clockwork whereas the CGI OW2 trailer literally made jokes about unfinished assets or whether we'd actually see x creature.

Largely based on speculation because of this Linkedin profile.

According to this, The Outer Worlds 2 entered development a month before The Outer Worlds 1 even released.

• InXile said that Clockwork Revolution was in "early development" and what they've shown is "pre-alpha stage".
  • Obsidian are extremely efficient, whilst InXile is unproven with AAA.
  • The Outer Worlds 2 is a sequel versus Clockwork Revolution being a new IP, thus it will largely build off what already exists.
  • The Outer Worlds 2 team is largely the same team from The Outer Worlds 1 whilst InXile had to do some staffing up.
  • InXile is going from AA to AAA, Isometric RPG to FPS RPG, while Obsidian is sticking to the exact same thing.
  • speculate that Clockwork will be the bigger title in manners such as complexity, in part due to all the time travel stuff which I think will be complex to develop and make it a really deep RPG.
  • Fargo said that Clockwork Revolution was in "the infancy of pre-production" back in September 2020. The Outer Worlds 2 entered "development" as of September 2019. Obviously pre-production but I think that being said, The Outer Worlds 2 probably entered production in 2020 so it may be a little ahead of Clockwork Revolution.
  • Clockwork Revolution team is likely larger than The Outer Worlds 2 team.

It may be a close call but I think The Outer Worlds 2 is definitely before Clockwork Revolution.

Their trailer was largely a troll but I'm sure Microsoft could have got them to show something more concrete if they really wanted to.

The Outer Worlds 2 probably has a year head start on Clockwork Revolution if that Linkedin is anything to go by.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 13 June 2023

Microsoft should swoop in and purchase some studios from Embracer Group.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

EpicRandy said:
Ryuu96 said:

Even if the elder scroll end ups being 2028, it'll still be cross-gen with smart delivery so there's not really an exclusivity incentive to hold it until then. Of course, the natural development cycle may lead to this in 2028 but considering the teaser was made in 2018 it would be like "Were you trying to beat The Last guardian in the longest reveal/release gap or something?"

I think it would be a system seller for the next gen Xbox, more so than if it releases a year prior and millions already buy it on the last gen system. People will want to play the next Elder Scrolls on the best hardware. Remember how this thread was saying that Xbox should have delayed Gears 5 by a year to have it as a launch exclusive for Xbox Series X? I think we'd be having similar discussions if Elder Scrolls ends up launching a year before, Lol.

The teaser in 2018 was honestly just to get people to shut up asking about it and nothing more, Lol. Bethesda is FULLY focused on Starfield right now aside from a very small team and they won't move over to Elder Scrolls until Starfield is out and even then a large team will still be busy on Starfield post launch support, bug fixing and future expansions.

Remember Todd said only last year that Elder Scrolls VI is still in pre-production in addition he said "once we’re wrapping up one game, we can really start prototyping the new one." Elder Scrolls VI will likely enter production late 2023 or early 2024 but the bulk of Bethesda won't move over until Starfield's expansions are released still and the bulk of Bethesda is still only 400-500.

DroidKnight said:

Microsoft should swoop in and purchase some studios from Embracer Group.

They aren't going to sell Crystal Dynamics, Eidos, Gearbox, 4A Games so meh.

Pretty shitty to acquire all these studios with clearly no plan then start mass layoffs and shutdowns, now they're talking about "exploiting" (their words) Lord of the Rings and putting more of their studios on Lord of the Rings, Lol.

They'll probably just dump a bunch of the AA studios who make not so popular IP and milk the living shit out of Lord of the Rings, every studio on Lord of the Rings! Aside from studios who have large IPs already.

All the games y'all are working on are junk! All to the Lord of the Rings factory!