By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
zeldaring said:

This is where i worry about starfield. They seem like they are doing way too much and ultimately the gameplay might pay for it. 

I thought the gunplay and combat looked damn good compared to Fallout for example. I'm not worried about that. 30fps will hurt it though unfortunately,  no way around it. So I'm going with melee/unarmed + talking my way out of trouble :P

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

After people's complaints about Avowed's colours/art-style, it's interesting to pop over to the Pillars of Eternity Subreddit who mostly don't take issue with the colours, in fact it's mostly positive about the colours. The change from the initial trailer is a bit jarring but I don't think it's a surprise to any Pillars of Eternity fans, especially as Living Lands is described as a weird and colourful place.

Still half a year at minimum to improve the graphics too, which I don't even think are that bad, especially rewatching it on Youtube and looking at the 4K screenshots. The biggest issue I see is the sword combat looks straight out of Elder Scrolls (I.E. Bad, Lol). I like the magic though so I may just be a magic user for the most part. But eh, I'm not feeling optimistic about the combat being great, serviceable maybe.

But it's Obsidian and they're masters at RPG so that part should shine and I love all the stuff they said in the interviews, especially about the companions having a larger role than just meatbots that follow you around, that was something that stood out to me in The Outer Worlds, they actually felt like they had a personality and opinion on things and interacted with the story at times.

No surprise either but the Starfield Subreddit doesn't seem to care much about the 30fps stuff, Lol. Tbh I think they did a masterclass in marketing by revealing this information after the Direct because the reaction, outside of the fanboys, has been largely not caring about it, understanding or disappointment but with understanding so the blowback...I don't really know if we can say there was one.

I remember people dooming that Starfield can't be 30fps after Redfall and honestly I expected a much harsher reaction too but it has been meh, Lol. It was almost like they planned the Direct like "look at all the shit we have in the game, look at all these dang systems, look at how massive our game is, do you really expect we can do 60fps too?" and most are now talking about all the shit in the game, Lol.

Damn, almost like it's less important to aim for meaningless benchmarks and please a few vocal internet fanboys, and more important to just design a great game that appeals to people who actually play them.

V.A.T.S. helped disguise how bad Fallout's gunplay was too, Lol.

I wonder if they could do a V.A.T.S-like perk in Starfield.

Not an exact copy but something similar.

Gunplay looks way better than Fallout even without that though but it may disguise the 30fps a little.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 13 June 2023

KiigelHeart said:
zeldaring said:

This is where i worry about starfield. They seem like they are doing way too much and ultimately the gameplay might pay for it. 

I thought the gunplay and combat looked damn good compared to Fallout for example. I'm not worried about that. 30fps will hurt it though unfortunately,  no way around it. So I'm going with melee/unarmed + talking my way out of trouble :P

The gunplay looked good for what they showed but like you said for a FPS gameplay 30fps is big step back on current gen. Aside from that they have a million things going on in the game so i doubt it's gonna be anywhere as good as your regular AAA where it's focused on making good combat.

The hype for Starfield is huge right now on the internet. I am prepping myself for disappointment because I think it would be unwise to just forget about the Fallout 76 launch like it never happened.

That having been said, the promised scope of this game is immense. If they deliver in even 75% of this, this game could be a shoe-in for not just GOTY, but a game of the generation contender.

Around the Network

Starfield Reddit, Lol.

Ryuu96 said:

V.A.T.S. helped disguise how bad Fallout's gunplay was too, Lol.

I wonder if they could do a V.A.T.S-like perk in Starfield.

Not an exact copy but something similar.

Gunplay looks way better than Fallout even without that though but it may disguise the 30fps a little.

This is my hope, I used V.A.T.S. all the time simply because gunplay without it was so bad. Melee weapons was fine so I think it'll be fine in Starfield too despite 30fps.

Starfield has the best character faces and design Bethesda has ever made too imo. Fallout 4 was especially awkward with this, Elder Scrolls pretty bad too. Always bothered me a bit. Starfield looks good.

There must be some kind of in-house joke about sandwiches between Xbox and Bethesda. I know at least Fable had references, did I miss it in some other trailers?

The little "space magic" at the end is causing speculation that maybe you unlock certain "abilities" as you find these alien artefacts.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 13 June 2023

smroadkill15 said:

I feel like that Fable trailer could be the intro of the game. You fight the giant as your first boss. I'd be down with that.

I was wondering if he even is in the game actually or just the trailer. He looks like he's from "real" world with those modern glasses and talking to camera. First I thought it's Fable hero somehow ending up in real world but him being a giant does make more sense lol.