By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Spade said:

Lmao bruh was Halo even mentioned? Like at all? No Halo, no gears... 

Xbox truly moving away from the Halo, Forza, Gears meme. So much to look forward to first party wise. No garbage GAAS too. As Phil said, game pass itself acts as the games as of a service. More single player games. RPG madness as well. 

Can you imagine, they have so much stuff that they can even have a great showcase without even mentioning those 2 franchises :)

Around the Network
Machiavellian said:

Well the showcase was probably a 2 for me. No Killer Instinct announcement pretty much killed it for me. The Starfield direct was a 1 because I expected to see a themed Xbox series X console. Totally disappointed.

Wait, are you Maximilian dood?

Machiavellian said:

Well the showcase was probably a 2 for me. No Killer Instinct announcement pretty much killed it for me. The Starfield direct was a 1 because I expected to see a themed Xbox series X console. Totally disappointed.

wut? A 2...? Really lol
Are you missing a /s or something? :D

I am giving the showcase a solid 8/10. Ill get the bad out of the way first, because it's a short list:

1. Not enough Gameplay from the XGS teams.
2. I personally do not like Avowed's change in art style from the original trailer
3. Starfield's performance was kind of all over the place

I like everything else about the showcase. Best Xbox has put out in years

aTokenYeti said:

I am giving the showcase a solid 8/10. Ill get the bad out of the way first, because it's a short list:

1. Not enough Gameplay from the XGS teams.
2. I personally do not like Avowed's change in art style from the original trailer
3. Starfield's performance was kind of all over the place

I like everything else about the showcase. Best Xbox has put out in years

Yah for starfield, a lot of combat scenes were in 60FPS, this was obvious but then some others (esp. exploration shots) were in 30FPS ish, just wondering if they used some footage before optimizing. 

This looks good tho, if some were in 60FPS, it probably means that the 60FPS is in :) 

Around the Network

That was pretty much everything I'd hoped for, by and large. Xbox understood the assignment.

Machiavellian said:

Please unplug your Xbox and throw it in the trash. 

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Spade said:

Lmao bruh was Halo even mentioned? Like at all? No Halo, no gears... 

Xbox truly moving away from the Halo, Forza, Gears meme. So much to look forward to first party wise. No garbage GAAS too. As Phil said, game pass itself acts as the games as of a service. More single player games. RPG madness as well. 

Can't see anything bad with Xbox moving away from these core franchises. Not a huge fan of them outside of Forza Horizon series. So, it's great to see them moving away from just these three franchises. Sorry, Halo Gears Forza fans.

P.S. Unrelated to Spade's comment. I think I'm gonna write my full game by game impressions tomorrow, as the show's ended up being better than expected, so I got a bit drunk while watching. Need a clearer head to process it. Project Re Fantasy is a highlight of a show definitely. This show is up there with 2019 and 2020's showcases to be the best Xbox showcases. Solid improvement over 2021 and 2022 editions.

First of all Starfield was a great showcase like it should be.

The xbox showcase dissapointed me,was the shortest one in years? 'gameplay felt very far fetched especially for projects that are in development for so long' and no new first party game for this year and could be still a long time off especially when 2024 can become 2025 etc

So many projects still not made an appearance, State of decay 3, Everwild, Perfect Dark, Contraband and so on..

On a personal note I am very dissapointed, especially for the Gears community,  the collection of games wasn't really a collection...
Also weird that the Halo community like Mint Blitz were saying we would get a season 4 trailer today? Weird that it didn't made it would be welcomed to put some attention to the game. No returning Ip or Wow moment for me except Monkey island for Sea thieves that one made me happy but that's all...

Also no gamepass announcement for this month, espected some franchises that are not on xbox coming to Xbox soon...but that is fine.
Also a typical 'we are listening to the gamers about our hardware and the live reactions I saw was 'Oh the add on disc drive for the series S? And then it is the 1TB edition....

Hope you don't mind Randy (nice spread), I'm stealing this from the other thread for reference.

I'm still trying to soak everything in, but It was a high 8 or low 9 for me.  I'd like to watch it all again without the crappy youtube rendering.  

Ichiban got me stoked.  Starfield was phenomenal. 

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.