By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
smroadkill15 said:

Xbox's document is significantly longer and has way more data.
A large portion of Sony's concerns hinges on the fact CoD will leave PS which won't be the case. It should make it easy for Xbox dismiss almost all Sony's points to regulators.

Yeah, Sony is basically hinging it's entire argument on Call of Duty which I feel makes it far easier for Microsoft lawyers to counter everything Sony is complaining about. This is especially true since MS has committed to keeping CoD on the PS platform for 10 years (and likely longer considering removing CoD from PS would be dumb any way you slice it). 

Around the Network

Reading Sony's responses has me going

And to see just how much the CMA bought into all this makes it all the more amusing lol

I'm not even going to bother to start to read Microsoft's response, fucking 111 pages, I'll wait for others to pick it apart some more

Ryuu96 said:

I'm not even going to bother to start to read Microsoft's response, fucking 111 pages, I'll wait for others to pick it apart some more

I'm surprised ResetEra hasn't already taken the entire response apart lol

Ryuu96 said:

Microsoft dragging themselves to get this passed

I mean it's true. You can't deny the fact that Sony's 1st party regularly produces games that are both commercially and critically successful. Just in the past 10 years Sony's 1st party has released like 8 games that both reviewed 85 average or above and either hit 20m sales lifetime or are trending toward 20m sales lifetime. Xbox 1st party over the last 10 years hasn't even come close to those metrics.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

So, Sony's was 21 pages and MS's response to it is 111 pages? Says a lot.

On a positive note, Halo Infinite actually looking like a live service lol

NobleTeam360 said:
Ryuu96 said:

So, Sony's was 21 pages and MS's response to it is 111 pages? Says a lot.

CMA: Class, turn in your homework.

Sony: (Nervously walks up and turns in a half finished, poorly sourced assignment)

Xbox: (Confidently struts up like Urkel with 111 pages of pure fact)

Spade said:

"Microsoft would be able to: increase console and game prices for Xbox users; increase the price of Game Pass; and reduce innovation"

Looks up PS game prices... MS been innovating more than PS this whole gen. Not everyone wants 3rd person, overly cinematic, over the shoulder game.

Despite Halo and Gears being the same game, they have far more variety than PS. 

Sony also has Gran Turismo. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

gtotheunit91 said:

On a positive note, Halo Infinite actually looking like a live service lol

Like with Sea of Thieves the multiplayer portion of Halo Infinite launched too early. I will admit I was bummed when I saw bot bootcamp was removed. I hadn't played the games in months so I wanted to relax and get warmed up with some bot games. But nope that was gone.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.