By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Age of Mythology

Playing Day One (Full Release) 2 13.33%

Playing Early Access (Premium Edition) 3 20.00%

Not Playing at Launch; Will Play Later 4 26.67%

Not Playing 6 40.00%

Total:15

I also wonder if Microsoft's eagerness to close is because they aren't confident in Activision on extending the deal. 🤔

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

I also wonder if Microsoft's eagerness to close is because they aren't confident in Activision on extending the deal. 🤔

Doubtful, Activision know their stocks will take a nose dive if the deal falls through.

If CMA (UK) wants to act like the worlds police whilst the world disagrees with them though, Microsoft won't be the only company to try an extreme method cause it is kind of bullshit that they're enforcing their opinions on the rest of the world who don't agree.

Angelus said:
Machiavellian said:

If they were hoping that does not mean they actually communicated this need.  This is the problem I see a lot.  People hoping for something to happen but keeping their mouth shut and expecting things to just change.  Also another issue is that we are only getting tidbits of information and usually one sided.  This always leads to opinions made on incomplete information.  We have really no clue all the details which is the issue.  Basing an opinion on just one report not knowing the full scope leads to jumping to a lot of conclusions.  The only real thing we know is that Redfall was a project with a lot of problems where communication broke down in a number of areas.  Blame is the first thing everyone wants to jump to do but I have seen working under such conditions that its way more complicated.

I wasn't interested in blame at all. I just want MS to actually pay attention to their studios, and take action, when necessary, to ensure that they're charting the best possible path forward...even if it means making some unpleasant choices from time to time. I want them to be pro-active, instead of reactive after the fact. And I'm utterly baffled by the fact that some people apparently think that's somehow unreasonable. 

That is the key, you actually do not know how much or little MS actually does pay attention.  You do not know the communications that was going on between Bethesda and MS, the agreements between both companies.  For all we know, Bethesda was telling MS everything is great and there was never a reason for MS or Phil to doubt those accounts.  There is always a trust between companies when they merge especially if they also have top management.  What you want is oversight from MS but that is not always the best option. Micromanaging another company can have your work force leave in droves.  MS doesn't need to micromanage Bethesda, they need Bethesda to make sure they are communicating projects correctly.  There is a lot of information we are missing which is what I am saying.

I personally do not believe MS need to micromanage any of their studios as long as those studios are communicating with MS correctly.  The reason you bought those studios because they were successful in know how to make games so you let them continue to do what they do best.  In this instance, there were issues and its obvious it was not correctly communicated properly.  Noticed how Phil took the fall as well he should but we did not see Tom take any blame.  I am sure both Todd and Phil had some long and uncomfortable talks about how this cannot happen again.

Ryuu96 said:

Probably because MS doesn't believe no matter how this appeal goes, that the CMA will change their mind.  Its best to put all options on the table and get lawyers to find out if its worth it now then wait until after and scramble to find a solution.  You want to be ahead of the curve not playing catch up.

Around the Network
Libara said:
Ryuu96 said:

Doubtful, Activision know their stocks will take a nose dive if the deal falls through.

Would it though?  They are profitable, net revenue last quarter was 2.38 billion up from 1.77 billion one year earlier, and would be getting a 3 billion dollar break up fee.

rapsuperstar31 said:
Libara said:

Would it though?  They are profitable, net revenue last quarter was 2.38 billion up from 1.77 billion one year earlier, and would be getting a 3 billion dollar break up fee.

Yeah but all the shareholders are expecting to get paid $95/share. Even with how profitable ActiBlizz right now, their stock price isn't anywhere near that. A VGC user is a shareholder and he's even expressed selling off his stock if the deal fails. 

rapsuperstar31 said:
Libara said:

It will definitely dive yes probably between 60-65$. This is still bad and even if they stay let’s around 70$. The shareholders prefers the 95$ at the end :) I do not think Activision/Blizzard wants the deal off. They will work with Microsoft to extend if needed, that’s almost a certainty. It is really to their advantage.

and btw at this point chances are pretty damn good for the deal to close (one way or another)

Last edited by Imaginedvl - on 01 June 2023

What you doing there Geoff????

gtotheunit91 said:

What you doing there Geoff????

And it's Game Pass which is advertising it.