By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

You’re Transported to Fallout’s World, Would You Rather?

Live in a Vault (Random Selection) 17 77.27%

Live on the Surface 5 22.73%

Total:22

@Ryuu96 

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

Lol Stein. Funny as well to see a few journos become a bit sensitive about that tweet, Xbox is "stirring shit" and because of that tweet they better have an amazing showcase, Lol. What. Naughty Xbox for telling their consumers what games are coming to their platform of choice in an easy to read graphic, Sony can do the same for all I care.

Isn't it common practice for Xbox, PlayStation, and Nintendo to tweet about games coming to their platform? Is IGN mad because Sony's showcase was a flop? Oh well, can't take it out on Xbox.

Ryuu96 said:

What classifies as "easy gamerscore" though? Tell Tale games included in that? or just games where it's like a 30-minute completion to 1k?

NobleTeam360 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Lol Stein. Funny as well to see a few journos become a bit sensitive about that tweet, Xbox is "stirring shit" and because of that tweet they better have an amazing showcase, Lol. What. Naughty Xbox for telling their consumers what games are coming to their platform of choice in an easy to read graphic, Sony can do the same for all I care.

Isn't it common practice for Xbox, PlayStation, and Nintendo to tweet about games coming to their platform? Is IGN mad because Sony's showcase was a flop? Oh well, can't take it out on Xbox.

Oh yeah, IGN is definitely mad about Sony's showcase

gtotheunit91 said:

100% the sentiment I have towards the showcase. Xbox has the confidence that Starfield is going to be such a massive impact on the gaming industry that they're dedicating its own time to it. Almost down to 2 weeks away!

Never forget that Nintendo rocked up to E3 2016 with literally nothing but Breath of the Wild gaming booths. Look how that turned out.

Around the Network
gtotheunit91 said:

I'm starting to think you were recently in London

I wonder what kind of games ads you would've seen post-June 11th lol. Good to see marketing is already starting, then kick it into overdrive after the showcase.

It was great - first time in London (and Europe overall). Went to Paris for a few days too.

Spent the last two weeks but glad to be back home lol - was getting sick of traveling under Uber, the bus and the Underground trains.

Wouldnt live in either London or Paris but great places to visit.

Also worth mentioning, Mona Lisa painting is overhyped - the painting opposite of it was something - Wedding at Cana.

Anyways never see ads of video games where I live in Texas so was quite a surprise.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Microsoft's Appeal is Here

In summary, the Applicant challenges these decisions on the following grounds:

1) Ground 1: The Respondent made fundamental errors in its assessment of the Applicant’s current position in cloud gaming services by failing to take account of constraints from native gaming (whereby gamers access games installed on their devices through a digital download or physical disc), undermining its SLC finding:

a) In its market definition analysis, the Respondent failed to consider potential switching to native gaming, resulting in a flawed conclusion that cloud gaming services fall in a separate product market.

b) Even on the Respondent’s erroneous, narrow, market definition, the Respondent failed to take into account relevant out-of-market constraints from native gaming in its competitive assessment of vertical foreclosure effects.

c) The Respondent made fundamental errors in its calculation and assessment of market share data for cloud gaming services and as a result failed to take into account relevant considerations in its competitive assessment.

2) Ground 2: The Respondent erred in failing to take proper account of three long-term commercial agreements which the Applicant had entered into with cloud gaming providers for the licensing of rights to stream its games, including Activision’s gaming content, post-Merger (the “Agreements”) in its assessment.

3) Ground 3: The Respondent’s finding that Activision would have been likely to make its gaming content available on cloud gaming services absent the Merger was irrational and arrived at in a procedurally unfair manner.

4) Ground 4: The Respondent’s findings that the Applicant would have the ability and incentive to foreclose rival cloud gaming services by withholding access to Activision’s gaming content post-Merger was unlawful. In particular, the Respondent’s analysis was affected by four errors, each of which in isolation, separately, and/or cumulatively, renders the findings on ability and incentive unlawful, irrational and/or disproportionate.

a) The Respondent wrongly relied on evidence that so-called ‘AAA’ games would be important for cloud gaming services to find that Activision games in particular would hold such importance.

b) The Respondent failed to take account of relevant evidence regarding immediate losses from hypothetical foreclosure, which showed that the Applicant would not have an incentive to withhold access to Activision games from cloud gaming rivals.

c) As set out in Ground 1 and Ground 2, the Respondent wrongly failed to take account of (i) relevant out-of-market constraints and (ii) the Agreements.

5) Ground 5: In assessing remedial action for the SLC, the Respondent:

a) Erred in law by proceeding on the basis that it had a duty to impose what it described as a comprehensive remedy, thus failing to consider a range of remedies and assess their benefits and detriments in the round;

b) Unlawfully failed to take account of the interests of comity;

c) Erred in rejecting the Microsoft Cloud Remedy, which rejection was in all the circumstances disproportionate; and

d) Acted in breach of the Respondent’s common law duty of fairness and the CMA’s own remedies guidance.

The Applicant seeks the following relief from the Tribunal:

1. An order pursuant to section 120(5)(a) of the Act quashing the Decision in its entirety;
2. An order that the Respondent pays the Applicant’s costs of this Application;
3. Such further or other relief as the Tribunal deems fit.

1590/4/12/23 Microsoft Corporation v Competition and Markets Authority - Summary of application | 26 May 2023

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 26 May 2023

gtotheunit91 said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Oh yeah, IGN is definitely mad about Sony's showcase

I'd just IGNore them considering that IGN have never been able to hide their biases. 

BasilZero said:

*snip"

Anyways never see ads of video games where I live in Texas so was quite a surprise.

I'm not in London but at the other side of the country and I've never seen any advertising here from Xbox or Nintendo outside of the TV, Sony on the other hand put up billboards and plaster the side of busses with a few months of marketing every time they release a first/second party game much like you see with the biggest movie releases and it always surprised me how much marketing Sony were willing to put in since the start of the PS4 days compared to their console rivals about the only time I see some Xbox is advertising something like the NBA games in between Rugby or Cricket on Sky Sports lol.