By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Project: The Perceiver - New Sleeper Out of China?

"Check out the action-packed first trailer for upcoming open-world action game, Project: The Perceiver. Developed and published by Papergames, Project: The Perceiver is based on the Chinese Lao Zhuang canon. Here's your first look at the game's story as well as some combat in action. Meet some of the characters and watch part of an intense boss fight, showing off the game's Chinese martial arts-inspired combat system. In Project: The Perceiver, the old dynasty has fallen and the nation has been left in chaos. After being captured, the game's protagonist makes a bloody escape and manages to invoke a mysterious power before encountering his fated nemesis. Explore several ancient cities in a beautiful fantasy world, engage in exciting battles, and get to know a variety of characters as the Master of Varietas."

Well this certainly came out of nowhere. I don't know anything about Papergames but this looks like the most interesting game out of China since Black Myth. This one appears to take more after Sekiro than Dark Souls or Nioh. I hope it plays as good as it looks!

Around the Network

I'm having a hard time believing the game is really at this quality. Of course, I hope to be wrong. Will keep an eye on it to see how development goes.

Movements fluidity is amazing.

Some of those Chinese projects look too good to be true. I take it mobile and console/PC will have two different builds of this? Animations, weight, visuals and style are top notch in my eyes.

Looks like we could have another one on our hands:

Looks damn impressive for a mobile game. Hope it gets a PC port if it's any good.

China really seems to be stepping their game up.

Around the Network

The combat is really cool but I have never watched Hitori no Shita, the feedback didn't impress me ( might give it a chance anytime soon).

TallSilhouette said:

Looks damn impressive for a mobile game. Hope it gets a PC port if it's any good.

This is a mobile game that impresses me more than 99.9% of console games. The Chinese are just built different and I can't wait to see how they evolve as they gain international experience and release globally successful games. This nation's progress in technology is out of this world.

Kyuu said:
TallSilhouette said:

This is a mobile game that impresses me more than 99.9% of console games. The Chinese are just built different and I can't wait to see how they evolve as they gain international experience and release globally successful games. This nation's progress in technology is out of this world.

China blew up sveral months back with Wukong 

SegaHeart said:
Kyuu said:

China blew up sveral months back with Wukong 

Yeah this was the first Chinese game to get my attention, followed by Genshin Impact, then quite a few games. It's nice to see Sony and now Microsoft invest there, hopefully Nintendo follows suit.

These chinese games are too good to be true.