By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Reservation no longer required to purchase a Steam Deck

gtotheunit91 said:
KLAMarine said:

Video in OP suddenly private!?

Valve took the original video down and re-uploaded today. The original video included a shot of a Nintendo Switch emulator and Valve replaced it with Portal 2 in the re-upload

Wow! That would be a big no-no! I imagine Nintendo got in touch with Valve immediately.

Around the Network
gtotheunit91 said:

Valve just put out a video that you can now straight up purchase a Steam Deck! As well as their official docking station is now available. Talk about a huge news update! I checked Steam now and it says "Buy Now" with an estimated delivery of 1-2 weeks. If you had a reservation, you should already have an email. 

Awesome.

Steam Deck 1 is pretty cool, I got to try it out very briefly, but I think Steam Deck 2 is where they will start to cook a bit more. The current Steam Deck I think is more of a proof of concept. 

I'd expect hardware that is more capable to run modern games at better settings, maybe an OLED display, more streamlined play on TV, possible entry into retail market or at least Amazon, and greater availability of the product now that Valve knows there's at least a certain sized market for this for SD2.