In what can only be described as "A fucking miracle"; known evildoers Konami announced yesterday the upcoming release of a HD remastered versión of both Suikoden I and II, named Suikoden I & II HD Remaster: Gate Rune and Dunan Unification Wars, announced for PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC (Steam). Due out in 2023.
Amongst new features are the following:
- Graphical Improvements
- Pixel sprites and environment art enhanced with new screen effects including lighting, clouds, and shadow animations Flickering flames, smoldering smoke, the movement of leaves and insects, all add up to a lively in-game atmosphere!
- The effects and direction have been redesigned, bringing memorable scenes back to life in more beautiful ways!
- New Character Drawings
- All character portraits have been updated in HD. Junko Kawano, who designed the characters for the original version of Suikoden released in 1995, has newly re-drawn all the character portraits for Suikoden I HD Remaster: Gate Rune War.
- Sound Improvements
- Field Sound – A large number of environmental sounds not found in the original version, such as the sound of running water in the river, wind, insects, and running footsteps, have been added. You can enjoy an immersive experience like never before!
- Battle Sound – All sound effects are now in HD. In addition to the impact of the 3D effects, the realistic sound greatly enhances the dynamism of the battles!
- Game System Improvements
- Many new features have been added, such as dialogue log, auto-battle, double-speed battles, etc.
Which im not gonna lie to you, im excited about this. A couple of days ago Konami renewed the trademark of the franchise, but fans in the gaming communities didnt expect much or thought much about it, cause we've now gotten used to Konami letting us down, but man this is huge.
Wondering if it was also planned to align with the Eiyuden Chronicle's release and distract from it. Either way, I love this.Last edited by Jpcc86 - on 16 September 2022