By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse launches worldwide early 2023

The game is a remake of the 2008 Wii entry which never released outside Japan.

It will launch on Switch, Playstation, Xbox, and Steam.

Around the Network

This was a major highlight for me from the Direct. I'm very excited for this!

One of the best things from the direct. Not the game in its self but the fact that Fatal Frame is not dead as a series yet.Will probably buy a copy of for nothing else than to support the franchise since i think it still have a lot of potential for great games.
Hopefully decent sales of this and Advance wars reboot camp will make them invest in a new games in the series. Fingers crossed.

Hopefully Fatal Frame 6 is next.

Any info if it’s digital exclusive?

Last FF game on switch didn’t have a physical release, at least not in NA.

Around the Network
Joaco <3 N64 said:

It seems to be digital only in the West, but physical as well in Japan/Asia.

https://www.play-asia.com/fatal-frame-mask-of-the-lunar-eclipse/13/70fphr?fbclid=IwAR07a8BlVMTzmZT5AkAHee9sm9YF2ctJ-RAhdZ2au-bec1B1KJ1EtvaPccU

No word yet if the JP/Asian version has English, but I believe their version of Fatal Frame 5 did, which bodes well. 

If it does, Switch is region free, so importing would be an option for English speakers who want a physical copy.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 15 September 2022

New overview trailer and release date: 9th of March 2023

Joaco <3 N64 said:

It's unlikely it'll be released in physical in NA again.

---

I'm hoping itll have a better port than Maiden of Black Water.  I was just playing it yesterday via download Gamepass on PC, and it wasn't working properly (ie. black screens when it was cinema modes, voices weren't inline with the scenes) I had to google and thankfully the good people on reddit found solutions to fix it.  It wasn't a crazy hard issue to fix but there shouldn't have been issues like these to begin with. 

For those wanting to pick up a hard copy, it is getting a physical release in Asia which supports English. :)

https://gonintendo.com/contents/11922-fatal-frame-mask-of-the-lunar-eclipse-physical-version-releasing-in-asia