By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last of Us Part I Digital Foundry

When you need 50 minutes to explain the differences then the differences are not noticeable enough. It's a skin job.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

You almost got it, but still not. Correct would be:

When you need 50 minutes to count all of the stuff that are different, you know it's not "just" a remaster.

Leynos said:

When you need 50 minutes to explain the differences then the differences are not noticeable enough. It's a skin job.

What a stupid comment. The video goes very much in depth and is a joy to watch for any tech nerd. Is the remake warranted? That's for everyone to decide for themselves. But as someone who was very skeptical towards this remake, it looks like a work of love from the developers, not a skin job in the slightest.

I watched this video early today and no where does DF make a case to actually purchase the game. Instead it just shows how much work was actually put into the remake which is more than just updating it to 4K. On a personal level having played The Last of US part one, I find it very hard to shell out 70 bones to play a game I already played no matter how much work was put into the remaster but I will say that for someone new to the game who never played it probably worth the money. On the other hand its still the same game and thus charging full price just feels bad and a cash grab. Either way ND continue to show that they are at the top in their field. I do wonder if this update is in response to a PC release. All of these updates and changes would be expected if you are bringing this game to the PC and not just going for the quick buck.

Leynos said:

Lol. That’s utterly stupid. If there wouldn’t be anything to say about it, it wouldn’t take 50 minutes to do so.

You clearly didn’t watch the video and spoke out of ignorance. 

Around the Network
twintail said:
Machiavellian said:

I watched this video early today and no where does DF make a case to actually purchase the game. Instead it just shows how much work was actually put into the remake which is more than just updating it to 4K. On a personal level having played The Last of US part one, I find it very hard to shell out 70 bones to play a game I already played no matter how much work was put into the remaster but I will say that for someone new to the game who never played it probably worth the money. On the other hand its still the same game and thus charging full price just feels bad and a cash grab. Either way ND continue to show that they are at the top in their field. I do wonder if this update is in response to a PC release. All of these updates and changes would be expected if you are bringing this game to the PC and not just going for the quick buck.

It was confirmed for PC on the announcement trailer.

And these updates exist for the dev team to ready the engine for PS5 as their next game is in pre production.

It also serves to prevent a workforce exodus.

Can't wait to grab this for PC. I also feel like they did this for the TV show that is coming out soon. I did expect the release to come closer to the release of the TV show but whatever. If anyone remembers whenever Witcher on netflix blew up so did the sales of the game. Sony could be doing the same. I believe this is one of the reasons Sony is grabbing almost any and all IPs they can and releasing them on TVMovie format.

zero129 said:
method114 said:

Can't wait to grab this for PC. I also feel like they did this for the TV show that is coming out soon. I did expect the release to come closer to the release of the TV show but whatever. If anyone remembers whenever Witcher on netflix blew up so did the sales of the game. Sony could be doing the same. I believe this is one of the reasons Sony is grabbing almost any and all IPs they can and releasing them on TVMovie format.

Same i cant wait for the PC release so hope it wont be too far out, and i dont think it will id say 3-6 months tops.

The last tweet I saw from a Sony official said it would be soon after. So I think your right 6 months tops. 

zero129 said:

Same i cant wait for the PC release so hope it wont be too far out, and i dont think it will id say 3-6 months tops.

I could definitely see Sony releasing this shortly after the HBO adaptation.