By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Buying Activision Blizzard is the best thing because...

In what universe does MS not have a good track record LOL. Sometimes you guys go bananas with your warrior hyperbole. Didn’t MS just win publisher of the year on MC?

And why would MS let a B or C tier studio get a “AAA budget” for a franchise that doesn’t sell well? Since when would any publisher do that.

Around the Network

Activision and Blizzard's best days are in the past. That would be true whether they were owned by Microsoft or not. However, I also would say that Final Fantasy's best days are in the past and a new FF entry still sells around 10m. Activision/Blizzard still has a lot of big IP that will continue sell big numbers (or subscriptions) under Microsoft's banner.

LudicrousSpeed said:

In what universe does MS not have a good track record LOL. Sometimes you guys go bananas with your warrior hyperbole. Didn’t MS just win publisher of the year on MC?

And why would MS let a B or C tier studio get a “AAA budget” for a franchise that doesn’t sell well? Since when would any publisher do that.

Stop with the warrior this and warrior that. You've gotten in trouble for it constantly. You've gotten warned about it constantly. Whether it be in the forums or in the articles.

You are bound to love Earthbound.

Bandorr said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

And why would MS let a B or C tier studio get a “AAA budgetâ€Â for a franchise that doesn’t sell well? Since when would any publisher do that.

Stop with the warrior this and warrior that. You've gotten in trouble for it constantly. You've gotten warned about it constantly. Whether it be in the forums or in the articles.

I have? News to me. But if you feel that strongly about it, ban away. Forum is dead anyway. 

Aged like fine milk.

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:
Bandorr said:

I have? News to me. But if you feel that strongly about it, ban away. Forum is dead anyway

A lot of truth here.  I'm always amazed at the lack of activity when I drop by the forums.  

Pemalite said:

I think the Microsoft of today is definitely a different Microsoft from years gone... The fact they were willing to invest in relatively 'niche titles like Halo Wars 2 is a testament to that I think.

They aren't afraid to splash cash if it means they can push their services either.

My feeling exactly ^

I think Microsoft has proven lately to actually be a very good place to be when it comes to be a game developper.

I'm actually really happy about Blizzard's IP under Microsoft's unbrella. I'm a huge fan of Diablo and some other fanchise and this is a great thing for me.
And this is on top of having all my favorite PC games available on GamePass day 1... 

Just so long as it gets rid of Bobby Kotick.

CaptainExplosion said:

Saudia Ar....I mean the Board of Directors voted to keep him for another year.

https://kotaku.com/activision-blizzard-ceo-bobby-kotick-vote-board-directo-1849093322

Basil's YouTube Channel

BasilZero said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Saudia Ar....I mean the Board of Directors voted to keep him for another year.

https://kotaku.com/activision-blizzard-ceo-bobby-kotick-vote-board-directo-1849093322

To be expected, Activision's Board of Directors are as shitty as Bobby is but it means nothing to what Microsoft will do, Activision has to carry on business as usual but once they come under Microsoft that Board of Directors will be dissolved as there's no need for one anymore, same thing happened to Zenimax.

That only leaves Bobby as Head of Activision-Blizzard (no board, no shareholders) but WSJ have already reported that Microsoft/Activision have agreed in private that Bobby is going once the deal is closed.