By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bright Memory Infinite announced for PS5, Xbox Series X/S, and Switch

Conina said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

That’s probably Bright Memory. It was more like a demo. 

I’ll wait for impressions on this. The original X|S reveal was crazy enough, now they’ve added even more elements. 

Bright Memory has no DLCs.

Missed the free DLCs for Bright Memory Infinite, but €1.59 for the Bikini DLC was okay... especially since the game was free for owners of the predecessor.

Don't need any other skins.

HOLD UP...

Bikini DLC?  Damn, this dude knows how to get them sales lol

The game is graphically not as intensive as it looks, I even ran the ray-tracing benchmark for fun.  This guy is really clever in his use of alpha effects to mask it, though that's of course why the weather is so extreme and its mostly darker overall.  Yet, I have to admit, that one guy is doing a pretty damned good job.  He's making indie devs of 5-10 people all look lazy...

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!
^^/
Around the Network

It's available now, at least in my region. (Australia)
Just downloaded it and played through the first 30-40 minutes.

So far I'm having a lot of fun; it's no Breath of the Wild but it's good silly fun, like the video game version of a campy B-movie.
Combat feels satisfying with tight handling and punchy animations and sound effects, and I'd go so far as to say its one of the most impressive Switch ports to date from a graphical perspective.

The fact that it's a one-man production is quite staggering to be honest, he can hold his head high for putting a lot of much bigger teams to shame.

It has its flaws, but there's more good than bad. For $20, I feel happy with my purchase.

Finished it last night; final play time; 2 hours 45 minutes on easy difficulty. It was an entertaining romp throughout, and for $20 I feel like it was money well spent.

Overall I'd give it a 7/10. The gameplay isn't particularly deep or nuanced, but it feels good to play, and it's a remarkable testament to what a solo or small team can accomplish with today's accessible development tools.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 25 July 2022