By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Good grief, SSBB has some great legs!!!

Around the Network

And as it turns out, I somehow missed the NA software numbers. But I was right kinda.

Nintendo dominate the games world?

GT5:P's numbers look like a roadkill to me. Ran over by Mario.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

GT5P should do fine in America. It will have legs and continue to sell (certainly online) until at least 09 (if not 2010). However, a preview or demo of one of the big two racing games in America cannot compare to the hype of the other big racing game in America.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

Around the Network

I wonder what to attribute the Wii sales increase in North America to? An increase in supply or are people buying it up in anticipation of Mario Kart?

Obviously supply damkira. That's the thing about it being supply constrained. No hype or game release increases sales. Sales could increase around a games' release if Nintendo does temporary "stockpiling"/reallocation to flood the channel coinciding with a big release but its' still up to supply at this point.

DMeisterJ said:
dolemit3 said:
I sense terrrible GTA5:P numbers in the US.

Umm...

Are you talking about GTA or GT5: P?

And what might be your definition of terrible?

Anything above 250 - 300k is fine. GT is bigger in Europe than America... that goes for all racing games in actuality, so I wouldn't expect it to open higher in America than EU.

Yeah, Racing games are to Europe what FPS games are to America and games with numbers at the end of them are to the Japanese.

I mean, this is just the prologue anyway. Anyone with any willpower is just going to wait for the awesome 700+ cars game to come out.

Either to buy that one or buy one of the many used GTA:P games that will be selling for like 3 dollars a piece.

You think Madden games lose their value fast!

Say... what happened to Nintendo playing it small right before they announce their financials and then going huge right after to start off the new financial year right?

GT 5 Prologue slightly increases PS3 hardware figures to edge the 360 for the week in the American region by 5k.

Wow at Wii... This is already considering that Nintendo has allotted consoles for South Korea's launch week.

Wii Code: 4819-7684-2396-4558