By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - ‘Duke Nukem’ Movie in the Works from ‘Cobra Kai’ Creators, Legendary (Exclusive)

Legendary Entertainment, the company behind Dune and the Godzilla monster movie series, has picked up the movie rights from Gearbox, with Cobra Kai creators Josh Heald, Jon Hurwitz and Hayden Schlossberg on board to produce.

Legendary will also produce, as will Jean Julien Baronnet (Assassin’s Creed) of Marla Studios, which specializes on video game adaptations. Heald, Hurtwitz and Schlossberg are producing via their banner, Counterbalance Entertainment.

A search for a writer to tackle the material is underway. And while no director is on board, the door is open for one of the Counterbalance team to potentially sit behind the camera.

‘Duke Nukem’ Movie in the Works from ‘Cobra Kai’ Creators – The Hollywood Reporter

Around the Network

Why not? It can't be any worse than Duke Nukem Forever.

Strike while the iron's hot, I suppose. After all, it's only been about 25 years since Duke Nukem was a relevant character.

*sees who's producing* Fuck. -_-

Better at least have a John St. John cameo.

Around the Network
Darashiva said:

Strike while the iron's hot, I suppose. After all, it's only been about 25 years since Duke Nukem was a relevant character.

Gearbox is in the process of trying to revive it, last I heard they teased a new game as well.