By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Game breaking glitches you experienced... (potential spoilers)

Whether you found them funny or frustrating, I want to hear some of yours.

My last significant one was in Final Fantasy 15. I recently downloaded and blitzed through FF15 for the first time, near the end there is a significant boss fight with Cerberus, during the fight, I cast a ice spell at a time he jumped.

I never saw him again. Boss fight didn't end and as it was an arena, I was stuck in the arena. Of course it was funny how the side characters kept talking like they were fighting something. Took me a good 5 minutes to cotton on that this wasn't supposed to happen and I'd lost about an hours worth of playtime.

Let's hear some of yours?

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
SegaHeart said:

Sonic 06,

gotta turn the console off vs silver

Broken game 0:18 mark till video ends. Super funny video below entire video lol.

Truely, the game is a masterpiece!

Hmm, pie.

The PC version of Batman Arkham Knight was one for the record books got it on day 1 and I was so jaded with how broken and buggy it was after less than 30 minutes lol

A more recent one was chapter 4 of Guardians of the Galaxy the game. I kept getting a black screen. Reloading the save didn't work and I didn't make a backup. So I had to start the entire game over again.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Some of the early printings of Final Fantasy III (VI) on SNES where Relm's Sketch command would completely glitch out. If it didn't crash the game, it would load your inventory with 99 Ragnaroks, Snow Mufflers, Genji Armors, etc.

The Vanish/Doom or Vanish/X-Zone would insta-kill almost any enemy, including most bosses. But the funny thing was, if you did that, you wouldn't receive experience points or treasures for any enemies you killed that way. I tried it on Doom Gaze and it didn't give me the Bahamut magicite. So it seemed like the game was actually punishing you for cheesing your way through. There are also a lot of bosses who are immune to Vanish, including Kefka. So I thought that was a legitimate feature in the game instead of a bug. Square considered it to be a bug.

Equipping Gau with a Merit Award made his attacks gloriously overpowered. On the GBA, they made it so you couldn't equip him with the Merit Award.

Last edited by SanAndreasX - on 06 May 2022

Around the Network

Zombi U had tons of gamebreaking bugs.

At one point, you are supposed to use a guy's eyeball to open a door. So, I took his eyeball and went to the door, but it said I didn't have the eyeball. I went back to the body and took another eyeball. Went back to the door and it said I didn't have it. Then I went to his body, and was able to take a third eyeball.

It was amusing that he had an unlimited number of eyes, but also broke the game, so not so amusing because of that.

Mortal Kombat SNES was really buggy. When both players threw projectiles at each other, the second projectile disappeared after the first projectile hit. You couldn't do Sub-Zero double-freeze contests. The combos didn't work right because the hit detection and timing were off. T

New World was just littered with gamebreaking bugs. Between the stacking weapon buff/skills that can lead players one shotting others, invincibility.. to full on duplication which ruined the experience for a lot of players; considering its largely focused on PVP.

I had a 1v1 vs another player and he was a healer, he exploited a bug where he could just spam heal indefinitely. Had another run with another same thing. Other bugs I had, was my great axe talent which stacked 30% damage and 20% speed just from using it lol and my smaller hackhett stacking damage.. it was broken as hell.

During a late game dungeon, with a party of 5. We got all the way to the last boss and it was locked out which sucked.. as it took a good 1 hour getting a group going and another 30-40 minutes for the dungeon.

Last edited by hinch - on 06 May 2022

I don't think I've ever experienced any game breaking bugs. Some random crashes were the worst I've encountered.