By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I am pissed I got charged for online membership without my consent

SegaHeart said:

I have Steam I should probably join the PC master race? It has all the Sega games, no online paywall to shock me in surprise. all the Microsoft/Sony first party games . Steam games cost way lesser than console games like eshop/Microsoft store/PSN

I was just about to say join us on PC where the only thing you'll ever have to spend money on is the PC and games. Plus, if there's any Sega games that aren't on Steam or GOG, there's always emulators. This would actually be good timing too as graphics card prices are finally plummeting.

Sorry to hear about your situation though. That was one of the reasons why I switched to PC gaming back in the 360 days. I hope you're able to recover! 

Around the Network
SegaHeart said:

Reiterate

for fucks sake add crossplay in fighting games while I'm on PC I don't have to quad dip on the same fucking game sigh, seriously? Tekken 7 PC/Ps4/Xbox no other genre does this except fighting games where theres no crossplay. maybe shooting games also don't have crossplay neither? Each tekken 7 digital copy is $60 since launch that's $180 because namco won't add crossplay.

Yeah, idk why fighting games don't have crossplay. Maybe Street Fighter 6 will since Capcom is devoting just as much resources to PC now as on console. Nearly all shooting games do have crossplay though nowadays. 

Tekken 7 is on sale for $30 on Steam for the Originals Edition and $35 for the Definitive Edition. Regular price for that apparently is $110. I know buying games is probably the last thing you're worried about, but games do go on sale very often and the Steam Summer Sale is about to happen in a little over a month where nearly every game on Steam has some sort of sale. 

gtotheunit91 said:
SegaHeart said:

Reiterate

for fucks sake add crossplay in fighting games while I'm on PC I don't have to quad dip on the same fucking game sigh, seriously? Tekken 7 PC/Ps4/Xbox no other genre does this except fighting games where theres no crossplay. maybe shooting games also don't have crossplay neither? Each tekken 7 digital copy is $60 since launch that's $180 because namco won't add crossplay.

Yeah, idk why fighting games don't have crossplay. Maybe Street Fighter 6 will since Capcom is devoting just as much resources to PC now as on console. Nearly all shooting games do have crossplay though nowadays. 

Tekken 7 is on sale for $30 on Steam for the Originals Edition and $35 for the Definitive Edition. Regular price for that apparently is $110. I know buying games is probably the last thing you're worried about, but games do go on sale very often and the Steam Summer Sale is about to happen in a little over a month where nearly every game on Steam has some sort of sale. 

Street fighter 5 has crossplay since day 1 so no doubt street fighter 6 will have crossplay too. Most third parties fighting games have crossplay I think only tekken and dead or alive don't have crossplay 

Pay for online has always been BS. But gamers embraced it without thinking twice. So here we are. Prices will only go up. I rarely pay for it. Basically I buy a year subscription when a souls games comes out, then I stop until the next one.

You have one option. Sell all your video games and systems, then buy an xbox series s with gamepass.

我是广州人

Around the Network

That is a problem with subs, it is done in a way that makes renewal automatic and just forget about it and even when you try to change sometimes it don't work.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Ashadelo said:

You have one option. Sell all your video games and systems, then buy an xbox series s with gamepass.

How does that remove the need to pay for online and subs?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

SegaHeart said:
Ashadelo said:

But i'll miss out on Playstation exclusives also found on PC, Dj max Respect, Kohime enbu, Returnal, Horizon forbidden West, 13 sentinals from Switch/PS4 Hatsune Miku Future Tone , Virtua fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown, Degenki Bunko Fighting Climax Ignition, Omen of Sorrow, A Magical Virtual On etc

well.... i have only heard of three of those games you listed above. Never played any of them though

我是广州人

Ashadelo said:
SegaHeart said:

But i'll miss out on Playstation exclusives also found on PC, Dj max Respect, Kohime enbu, Returnal, Horizon forbidden West, 13 sentinals from Switch/PS4 Hatsune Miku Future Tone , Virtua fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown, Degenki Bunko Fighting Climax Ignition, Omen of Sorrow, A Magical Virtual On etc

well.... i have only heard of three of those games you listed above. Never played any of them though

And how would expect someone that buys the three consoles and its game to be fully covered with only Series S and GP?

SegaHeart said:

I have Steam I should probably join the PC master race? 

Yes, just get a steam deck, I can absolutely recommend it. It feels pretty much like a console but comes without all that online subscription bullshit, all the emulators you want and more hentai games than you could ever play in your entire life. What's not to like?

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.