By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - VGChartz Xbox Sales Figures Retweeted by Xbox's Aaron Greenberg

Most liked tweet in sometime isn't it?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

You all should be proud of yourselves, this seems like as clear a sign as any that your numbers are pretty on point

btw is that pooperscooper in the comments?

cant remember who else had such a hateboner

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

trunkswd said:

As the thread title says, Xbox's very own Aaron Greenberg retweeted the VGChartz tweet comparing Xbox Series X|S sales to the Xbox 360. This likely means our estimates are fairly close to actual sales numbers. 

Wasn't it Greenberg who caused a minor furore by bagging VGChartz years ago over some Xbox numbers only for those numbers to eventually end up being be pretty well spot on.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Awesome.

This site is always welcome to new people wishing to join, hopefully we can get a few new members out of this and more traffic in general.

Around the Network

I'd suspect this is the more likely case, accurate numbers, which would be a nice nod to VGC's efforts, but if I was in marketing and some external entity potentially showed higher sales than was actually the case, I'd definitely reference those (assuming sales are good enough that they're worth bringing up). Not that I think that's the case, it's likely more accurate than not, but we're talking about a head of marketing so.

Lmao at that delusional hater in the comments.

Btw congrats on your accuracy.

mjk45 said:
trunkswd said:

As the thread title says, Xbox's very own Aaron Greenberg retweeted the VGChartz tweet comparing Xbox Series X|S sales to the Xbox 360. This likely means our estimates are fairly close to actual sales numbers. 

Wasn't it Greenberg who caused a minor furore by bagging VGChartz years ago over some Xbox numbers only for those numbers to eventually end up being be pretty well spot on.

Yeah it was him. It was about the Kinect sales launch numbers. But that was over 11 years ago back in 2010, so water under the bridge I guess.

Also, congrats to VGChartz! Good work to the team, and it must be nice to have validation from some high-ranking figures.

It's a great look for VGChartz and their sales model!

Hopefully this site gets an injection of new members in the coming months, and more optimistically, Microsoft starts releasing sales/shipment figures of the Series consoles.

trunkswd said:

I am all open for new people to join the site and join in on the conversations on the forums. My hope is the retweets from Xbox executives means our Xbox Series X|S sales data is pretty close to accurate. 

I would assume that is the reason he retweeted it. That, or he wants to be cheeky, and VGChartz is massively undertracking the Series consoles lol.