By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Supporter Program, sign-up/subscription issues, and other stuff

My supporter status lapsed overnight.  This morning, when I wanted to renew, I found it impossible to do on mobile (Chrome, on Android).  The button just does not exist for me on mobile, even when choosing "view desktop site".  Considering that in 2022 a huge percentage of web browsing occurs on mobile devices, the lack of ability to easily sign up from one's phone is probably costing VGC quite a few supporter subs.

It has occurred to me that this problem may not be widespread.  However, I recall hearing at least a couple of similar complaints in the past, so I figure it makes sense to bring it to everyone's attention again.  

Finally, how about creating some longer subscription terms, or auto-renew?  I like longer subs, so that I don't have to think about renewals but I also don't have to worry about turning off auto-renew years down the line.  Either way though, I imagine it would help a bit with revenue via the Supporter program.  

I'd also like to hear thoughts about the program from other users.  So, please share.

Around the Network

You're right, I guess I forgot the supporter button when doing the mobile version of the site. I'll have to find a place to insert it. As for longer terms, I guess that could be doable, something 2 and 3 years.

Signature goes here!

I tried to add $5 for another 3 months but the site crashes every time. I have to clear all cookies and cache to get the site to work again or go in private mode.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Banned for spamming the same post on the forums - TrunksWD

Last edited by trunkswd - on 29 November 2023

Banned for spamming the same post on the forums - TrunksWD

Last edited by trunkswd - on 29 November 2023